• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL GAF ESPN NFL 2k5 Season 2 Thread: A season.. of redemption!

Mrbob

I agree that the Super Bowl winner needs to be the same team in season two. Unless the winner declines to use the same team. Needs to be able to have a chance to defend the title.

Ramirez

Well I'll go ahead and tell y'all right now if I start playing and some average ass defensive linemen is breaking through every time you can count me out.

It amazes me that people want to keep to play with the lame ass defensive line play,when it works about 98% of the time,especially on EQ.

you know what dudes, no rules

there will be no rules in season 2. it's all well and good to WANT to play a sim game, etc. but regardless of how many things we "outlaw" something else will pop up. i'm not saying this in a passive aggressive manner, i truly believe this is the only solution. the QB running isn't as bad with the roster update, and can be stopped. the D-line rushing can be countered.

so while i really dont want to see 20 rushes for 300 yards with a QB, everyone do what you want. we are all adults here and we dont need all these rules and regulations.

all i'll say is have some respect for your opponent, and we'll leave it at that. no more rules, no more polls, no more of all this arguing.

play beer!

Cloudy

Banned
I have to agree. No more pointless arguments. If you want to play sim, have fun. If you want to cheese it up, try it.

Like FMT told me on AIM, the stats will never be perfect so everyone do what you like. Thing is, if you wanna run in EQ, you better not have a stiff at QB :p

well, the way i see it the vast majority of the league players we all know and play against and will man up and play a straight game.

the best thing we can do is share how to combat cheese. i honestly don't think we will have a problem. i keep going back to the falcons. how can i tell the falcons owner "No, you can't run with mike vick."? or "you can only run 5 times in a game?" i can't do that dudes, we all know that. or how can i tell the giants or eagles owner that they cant rush with strahan or kearse on the outside? that just cant happen. we all know there are flaws and glitches in the game, but guess what? they affect both sides. so we'll just see how things go, and if there is a demand for change after the first few weeks so be it.

DMczaf

Heres a photo of what EQ looks like

11.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
Both :lol

Guys, I would like ONE rule though. No bullshit giving up and kicking 80 yard FGs on first down or subbing in your QB at running back and stuff like that. Play the game through. Hell, pull your starters and practice for the next week....

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
Both :lol

Guys, I would like ONE rule though. No bullshit giving up and kicking 80 yard FGs on first down or subbing in your QB at running back and stuff like that. Play the game through. Hell, pull your starters and practice for the next week....

That all comes under the play with common sense mantra that most people will have. :p

that infact WILL be a rule. and im not pointing the finger at anyone (god knows i played 2 ridiculous games in season 1), but just know that if you pull the plug or start running bullshit cause the CPU fucked you over, there will be consequences!*

*jgarian consequences...

AztecaGX

Whoops, signed in with the Raiders before reading this thread. I'll drop them if they win the Superbowl.

1) Raiders
2) Titans
3) Falcons

Fifty

I know he's the commish and he has to sign in....But since Konex picked the Colts, and they're an amazing team, since we're going by record in our team picking, and he has the fourth best record, shouldn't he have to give them up if Wellie, Solrak, Fifty, Bob or Stooge wants them?

Cloudy

Banned
I'm only on a team so I can make changes to the site. Since we can scramble now, I will be picking the Eagles if possible. If anyone before me wants the Colts, they are open lol

PS: And I'm not the commish :p

Cloudy

Banned
I think it might not be so bad. We'll quickly see who the bona fide cheesers are and we'll make fun of them while tipping everyone else off on their tactics :D

Fifty

Was Jobber even in the first season? I'm not trying to be an ass, but there's no way he should pick above returning players.

new rule ladies:

if you go down in a game, and then start dicking around (like i have done before, i know i know) and giving up, you get an auto-loss the next week. lets keep it clean, no QB's as LB's, no running back on purpose etc.

play beer!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't want anyone's spot. I was part of the 1st leauge that never started. I'll wait around if no one else is ahead of me.

Cloudy

Banned
8 spots left and here is the sign-in order.

League name = gafII
Password = monster

1 - Bob - (Order can change)
2 - Fifty - (Order can change)
3 - Solrak - (Order can change)
4 - Shadow - (Order can change)
5 - Wellie - (Order can change)
6 - Konex
7 - DM
8 - Bog
9 - Jobber

Guileless - Has not shown an interest in Season 2 yet
Duece - Has not shown an interest in Season 2 yet
Stooge - Has not shown an interest in Season 2 yet
Gunstar - Has not shown an interest in Season 2 yet
Mav- Told me he's not playing in Season 2

If the guy ahead of you has signed in, you can sign in as well. Obviously, if those guys who didn't post in the thead before FMT made the league decide they want to play, we might have to expand. Get with FMT about this if you fall into that group.

Yeah Jobber, you should probably wait to sign in :p

Cloudy

Banned
VC updated the rosters today so FMT will be recreating the league. Everyone who signed in before just wait for him to post the password.

Mrbob

Solrak, consider this a favor from one Bears fan to another. I know you like the Bears too so I'm going to give you an opportunity to take them.

I'll take the Colts.

Cloudy

Banned
Atlanta - Fifty
Carolina - Mally
Dallas - Hg
Denver - Kelsey K
Minnesota - FMT
Oakland - Azteca
Pittsburgh - Ramirez
Tennessee - Matrix
Washington - DJ
Indianapolis - Bob
Chicago - Solrak
Philadelphia - Shadow
NY Jets - CK
Buffalo - Konex
Tampa Bay - DM
Bog
Jobber

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cloudy said:
VC updated the rosters today so FMT will be recreating the league. Everyone who signed in before just wait for him to post the password.

With this season's stuff? Barber could be a powerhouse. :0

Fifty

Cloudy said:
NEVERMIND. We get the new roster automatically when we generate the schedule :p

But the old league is gone.

oh, it's just gone because I left it....Great, I'll sign back in. I hope you're right about the rosters working.

Mrbob said:
Solrak, consider this a favor from one Bears fan to another. I know you like the Bears too so I'm going to give you an opportunity to take them.

I'll take the Colts.

you sure?....we can settle this by simply just playing a game of NFL...who ever wins that game can elect to choose the Bears. If I lose, I don't mind taking the Jags again.

and the other reason for this is because the Colts are starting to become my 2nd favorite team! :D

Top Bottom