• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL GAF ESPN NFL 2k5 Season 2 Thread: A season.. of redemption!

Mrbob

Naw. We don't have to play for them. You can have da Bears. As long as you let me take them again for season 3. :p

Cloudy

Banned
Atlanta - Fifty
Carolina - Mally
Dallas - Hg
Denver - Kelsey K
Minnesota - FMT
Oakland - Azteca
Pittsburgh - Ramirez
Tennessee - Matrix
Washington - DJ
Indianapolis - Bob
Chicago - Solrak
Philadelphia - Shadow
NY Jets - CK
Buffalo - Konex
Tampa Bay - DM

Bog
Jobber

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ Demon J said:
Matrix, I'm free tomorrow (Sun) night, lemme know when you're free.

I can play anytime tomorrow after the Stros game which is on at 4 pm eastern time.We can play anytime tomorrow night,I just have to play before 1 am cause I have to get up early.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm not really that bad as the score would indicate. I would call it "rust". I haven't played NFL in a while. I jumped in my game without practicing a play. Once I get my timing back, I'll pull a few upsets. Herman and I are already hard at work going over game footage and plays trying to figure out some way to improve our D. Not to take anything away from FMT, he ran over my ass, but it should've been closer.

7153476.jpg

Matrix said:
I can play anytime tomorrow after the Stros game which is on at 4 pm eastern time.We can play anytime tomorrow night,I just have to play before 1 am cause I have to get up early.

Sounds good, I'll post again here when I'm free tonight (after the NLCS game--Go Stros!).

gg Matrix. I just couldn't put it together offensively or defensively. I let some big runs through, and though I was able to make a few stops and keep you to a few FG attempts, I only started to put an offense together in the last drive of the game, when it was far too late. I think I need to have more confidence in the run and look for shorter passes instead of the 10-20 yrd throws which often yield INTs.Oh well, good practice for next week. Guess it's time to play Madden 2K5's Defensive Football 101 now. :/

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I have to bow out the league guys, sorry.... first season was ok, i dont thing i can hang with this one...

Ram lets go on NBA man...

2 people quit after they lose? that's pretty weaksauce. some of us had to put up with a lot of bullshit and tough losses in season 1 but you don't see the majority of us quitting. meh, oh well whatever floats your boat. the league will push forward! :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
sorry guys, I just know I got a lot on my plate, I just picked up a new position, that we talked about in off topic Konex.. and I wont be able to be as accessible this winter, I completed one NFL season with a Losing record, finished quite a few tournaments, Playing the NBA season and NHL Season and the Small EQ league ... I really dont think that I can be productive in the league attendance wise and without rules this season is just not for me, i am not one to complain, just bowing out..... I am sure there will be someone who wants to jump in and play along..

Ramirez said:
Are you only gonna be able to play that late all week Solrak?It'll have to wait until Friday if so :|

If you like....we can schedule a game during the morning hours.

anything before noon is good...anything after noon is no good since I need to prepare for work.

Malleymal said:
sorry guys, I just know I got a lot on my plate, I just picked up a new position, that we talked about in off topic Konex.. and I wont be able to be as accessible this winter, I completed one NFL season with a Losing record, finished quite a few tournaments, Playing the NBA season and NHL Season and the Small EQ league ... I really dont think that I can be productive in the league attendance wise and without rules this season is just not for me, i am not one to complain, just bowing out..... I am sure there will be someone who wants to jump in and play along..

I think that's why I haven't picked up NBA 2K5 yet...don't want to be 'streched out' like Mal is. :(

To bad dude....I still owe you an NFL game. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn, had to have matched up against Vick in the first week.

Oh well, the anything goes rules made it a bit more exciting.

My O-line got NERFED. Jesus.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gg Dj.

:lol @ Fifty...rock on dude!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I didn't play a great game by any means. Threw an int and Barber fumbled (as opposed to 0 fumbles last season, haha), and my running game was shit. Not a pretty game on either side. Four consecutive possessions ended in turnovers (Barber fumble, Vick int, Warner int, Vick int). Grimey win, but I'll take what I can get.

Don't be discouraged Fifty. Sloppy-sloppy game.

ShadowRed

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
2 people quit after they lose? that's pretty weaksauce. some of us had to put up with a lot of bullshit and tough losses in season 1 but you don't see the majority of us quitting. meh, oh well whatever floats your boat. the league will push forward! :D

I hope your not counting me as one of the quiters. First of all I didn't lose my connection dropped. Second I told Kon last week that I might not be able to play in the second league because of my work schedule. I thought you guys were going to wait a little before starting the new league so I would have time to judge if I could play or not. After the DC I decided why play agin when it ws obvious that I wouldn't be in for the long haul. If you don't mind waiting 3 to 4 weeks between games then I would really like to rejoin the league.

Ramirez

Dude wtf is with that spreading the line everytime and rushing with the DE?How many times did I have to show it to you on the replay before you might get a clue?A passing play was out of the question,I had all of 1 seconds before you were in the backfield everytime untouched.

You guys can either make a rule about DLine play or Im out.Its complete bullshit on EQ,like I've been saying for weeks.

Mrbob

Yes it is. But I guess the only rule in EQ is there are no rules. Rush it up the middle or do quick slants up the middle or hit your rb in the backfield on a quick pass OR run it up the middle with your QB. Make him pay for splitting those DES. If he is splitting his DEs and rushing with his linebackers hit a slant play up the middle.

Ramirez

And just to smash my point out of the fucking ballpark.

Bears:8 Sacks
Steelers:0 Sacks

Otherwise,yea GG,but not being able to have any time to look downfield takes away my entire offense.

All EQ does is make the WRs get fuckin jammed so bad they can't run their route,or better yet just get knocked off their route 10 yards down field,but in non EQ WRs practically run free all day,moral of the story,this game is a fucking joke.

Bob,I ran draws practically all the 2nd half,and it was working,thats not my point though,I don't want to have to play like that because its fuckin stupid.Plus when I try to run slants,my WRs always get grabbed from behind and are never there to catch the ball.

Fifty

I had a line-glitch-free game with CK when we played. He was someone who insisted that we keep line play or else he'd be out, and I'm glad to say he played legit. I didn't notice any line changes, and if there were any, they were to the strong side and perfectly acceptable. He didn't try any crazy stunts, just going into a blocker and doing a move or a bullrush. With all the negative comments we post in the thread, I might as well post a positive. :)

Ramirez

Yea I don't really recall havin a problem with Wellie in that area,but the simple fact is,some people know how to do it effectively everytime and its complete BS.

Ramirez said:
Dude wtf is with that spreading the line everytime and rushing with the DE?How many times did I have to show it to you on the replay before you might get a clue?A passing play was out of the question,I had all of 1 seconds before you were in the backfield everytime untouched.

You guys can either make a rule about DLine play or Im out.Its complete bullshit on EQ,like I've been saying for weeks.

first of all, Alex Brown (the guy I played all game) did not have the most sacks...it was Ogleye. Second of all, I played the same defence against gunnstar last night and he whipped me 28-3...therefore my defence CAN BE STOPPED!!!!

It's like you passing the ball EVERY PLAY and your receivers catching the ball EVERY PLAY because they burn my secondary EVERY PLAY...then me complaining about it and telling the admin to make a rule so that it doesn't happen again (this is an example). And it's not like I whipped you...it was a CLOSE game...you had your chances.

If their is a rule against what I'm doing....then I will drop out!

Mrbob

Just so everyone knows (And kotex quits whining on aim to me about it :lol ) me and hgplaya are planning on getting our game in later today/tonight.

Mrbob

BTW Ramirez if you want to play a game later I will show you how to counter the lineman splitting with passing plays.

Top Bottom