• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL GAF ESPN NFL 2k5 Season 2 Thread: A season.. of redemption!

Is it the DE moving that's illegal or the LB/DB? So far I haven't seen people manually move DEs or the d-line. But I have seen plenty of LB/DB manual movement up to the left/right side of the line.

Ramirez

I know you can be beat,I should have whipped your ass,just look at the stats,you had those big runs with Thomas Jones where my dudes would just go straight through your body or whatever.

But anyways,thats not my point,it doesn't matter who had the most sacks,fact is you were spreading the line EVERY TIME and getting MAJOR PRESSURE EVERY TIME,even if you didn't sack me you were right in my face to bat it down or make me throw off my back foot.Meanwhile it looked like you were running the same 3 running plays all game and getting away with it.

Whatever,Im out,I hate this game anyways,and I sure as hell don't wanna play with a bunch of cheeseheads,which is exactly what that game was.

Naw don't worry bout it Bob,stupid shit like that shouldn't have to be countered,because it shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

Cloudy

Banned
There are no rules this season, DJ. The bitching and fighting took it's toll on FMT lol. Most folks play sim but be ready for anything...

edit: Ramirez, did you try running up the middle on that crap?

Cloudy said:
There are no rules this season, DJ The bitching and fighting took it's toll on FMT lol. Most folks play sim but be ready for anything...

edit: Ramirez, did you try running up the middle on that crap?

he did...and and it worked...until I ajusted by line and MLB.

Ramirez said:
Well yea,count me out.

So you admit to running 6 plays all game?Brilliant.

WHAT...is there a minimun of running plays that you can choose so that you won't be considered 'Kraft'.......THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't run EVERY PLAY.....I PASS THE BALL TOO, BUT AS YOU CAN SEE, I HAVE FUCKING QUINN AS QB AND NOT REX!!!!!!!

Fifty

Cmdr. Solrak said:
It wasn't 3....it was 6

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I've got to use that line next time I beat someone. I'm shocked that you remember exactly how many unique plays that game. That's pretty funny.

Ramirez

Well your comments speak for themselves,but whatever,you win I pulled from the league,I'm better of not arguing about this stupid shit,especially when I know Im not in the wrong.

Fifty said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I've got to use that line next time I beat someone. I'm shocked that you remember exactly how many unique plays that game. That's pretty funny.

I didn't...it was meant to be funny...and it worked! :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Mrbob said:
Is Rex considered out right now? I wondered why big daddy Quinn was in the game! :lol

With the new rosters, you have to sub in currently injured guys to the top of the depth chart. I guess Solrak didn't know that... o_O

Ramirez said:
Well your comments speak for themselves,but whatever,you win I pulled from the league,I'm better of not arguing about this stupid shit,especially when I know Im not in the wrong.

That's the type of shit that I don't want...I don't want you to drop. My fear now is that whoever my opponent is, they will think that I am a 'cheese' player. I think that I'm not...but if anyone that has played me thinks that I'm Krafting it up with my D-Line, please let me know now.

Ramirez

I didn't drop just because of you,if there's no rule on what I feel is extremely cheap,then more than likely Im gonna play one or more people who do the same thing,and I just don't even feel like it,especially when I don't even like the game that much to begin with.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cmdr. Solrak said:
Is there a way of setting it so that way you won't have to do it everytime you play a game?

Nope :(

I didn't know the Jets Punter was also the kicker until it was too late.

hey dudes, i said no rules to start and we'll play it by ear.

i dont understand what solrak did. did he spread the D-line and THEN move the DE over even more? or just spread?

either way, now that QB scrambling isn't banned (and QB's still have decent speed even w/ the update), why not just scramble into that spot where he speed rushes? i played solrak and he used the DE on me also, but i gashed the fuck out of him up the middle and i had a pretty good day passing as well.

infact, on closer inspection, solrak had 0 sacks against me.

Ramirez

Well like I said,I dunno what he did different,but 8 sacks is fucking ridiculous not matter how you cut it.

I play Safety all game,I'd appreciate it if some of you would try to learn,its not that fuckin hard.

Ramirez

LoL,if I get picked fine,making an INT while playing Safety at least takes SKILL,I could give the controller to someone whose never played the game before and they could do the DLINE shit.

Fifty

I always play LB and safety in Madden, but since I'm a big Kerney fan, I used the D line for most of the last game. I'm not a big fan of people who only use the d line in games, as I believe it takes less skill.....and most importantly, there's less of a risk if you screw up. Making a mistake when I play SS just kills me, but the satisfaction when I make a good play is the best.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cmon guys, every piece of cheese can be defeated. Fifty sacked me twice in the first drive, but ended up with only four all game. Adjust your guys at the line of scrimmage or call plays from formations that will give you extra blockers. I also went with plays that developed a lot faster and avoided play action.

As I had said, playing the line does take less skill, but as I had outlined in another topic, it's just not practical to play as a CB covering a WR, a safety not in zone, or an LB covering a TE/RB.

But yeah, Fifty and I tried to play it as cleanly as possible. Vick is an actual threat to run so seeing him run it wasn't a shock after the first time. But I'll correct Fifty and say that there was one time that I noticed Strahan blow buy a guy that didn't even try to block. If I see it happen again, I'm just gonna pull back. I'd rather not win with cheese.

Fifty

Wellington said:
But yeah, Fifty and I tried to play it as cleanly as possible. Vick is an actual threat to run so seeing him run it wasn't a shock after the first time. But I'll correct Fifty and say that there was one time that I noticed Strahan blow buy a guy that didn't even try to block. If I see it happen again, I'm just gonna pull back. I'd rather not win with cheese.

Great post, the entire thing. 100% true. I'm lucky in that I have a mobile QB, I have an easier time (hopefully) scrambling away from the linemen if they get through, glitch or not.

hgplayer1

Cloudy said:
The Colts beat by Dalls? o_O Hg might be a force if his guys can stay healthy this season :lol

I dunno most things just worked well for me in that game. it was all about symmetry. one TD in each quarter, 26 passes 25 rushes, 167 passing 168 rushing, 14 pts off 2 TOs. I got lucky with some INTs of my own to stop some drives but my offense really clicked. I started Drew Henson and made some depth chart changes and set my auto sub to 65 so I dont know if that had anything to do with it. might have been the roster update might have been the EQ. I really didnt change my playcalling style from the other league though but I guess we'll see later in the season. feels go to start with a win.

GG Bob.

Mrbob

Yeah, GG man. The game was a bit frustrating for me though as I kept on overthrowing open receivers. :lol :( I'm used to Grossman at QB, and he doesn't throw nearly as hard as Manning. For Grossman to get a throw with halfway decent velocity you had to hold down the pass button. Well since I am so used to throwing with Grossman I was doing the same thing with Manning and kept on overshooting my receivers. It would have been OK if I had done it a couple times but I kept on overshooting them. :lol Oh well, thems the breaks.

I'm still trying to figure out how that pass hit your safety in the 4th quarter! :lol The one where I had harrision open in the middle right at the goal line. But for some reason Manning threw it right at your safety! :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Whoever is Philly, you want to play tonight after Smackdown or wait til the weekend?

Cloudy

Banned
0-16, here I come! :D

edit: Fifty, you can't just quit cos you're down by 2 TDs. Come the fuck on, dude. I got blown out too but I kept fighting (gg Az)....

Fifty

Cloudy said:
edit: Fifty, you can't just quit cos you're down by 2 TDs. Come the fuck on, dude. I got blown out too but I kept fighting (gg Az)....

That wasn't my reason for quitting. I'll play him again and spot him 2 TDs if it makes a difference.

Cloudy

Banned
Then what was your reason for quitting? And if you were up 14-0 would you still have quit if the same stuff happened? No offense but that's crap, dude. There are no rules this season so you can't say it's anything he did.

Why should Bob have to waste his time playing you again? Then get "fake" stats by you spotting him tds. Just leave it as it is and try to handle losing better from now on. Yes, the game will "screw" you from time to time but it happens to everyone. I was beat so bad yesterday, it seemed like it wasn't an EQ game (like my guys had no chance from the start :lol) but you suck it up and hope you do better next week.... -_-

PS: FMT, the higher rushing stats from the EQ test league are due to 6 minute quarters...

Top Bottom