• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gran Turismo HD Concept Thread

gogogow

I downloaded all the different versions of GTHD, versions 1.1, 1.2, 2.0

None of them had bloom when I played, only in replay mode.

WTF is wrong??

FightyF

Banned
Y'know I've come to realize that I've yet to get 1.2!

I was always trying to break the Top 10 with the first car (not tuned)...but never made it past the Top 15. I wonder how the times are like now...I'd probably kill myself after seeing them. :p

Deepblue

Banned
Why are the shadows in GTHD so dark? Other than that it looks fantastic, but that breaks the realism for me. It looks like a contrast adjusted movie.

Deepblue

Banned
Ranger X said:
It's amplified because of the cam that took the shots.
FACT: Cam shots, especially when exposure is not adjusted appropriately for the screen, make the game look better than it really is. That doesn't make too much of a difference here, however, because it already looks incredibly good.

You can read up on how to adjust your camera for "true" shots.

The shadows look great

2db2niu.jpg

sugaki

I live my life one quarter-mile at a time
That MX-5 wireframe isn't necessarily what the final, in-game wireframe will be. It could be just the raw model that they're working off of.

Deepblue said:
FACT: Cam shots, especially when exposure is not adjusted appropriately for the screen, make the game look better than it really is. That doesn't make too much of a difference here, however, because it already looks incredibly good.

You can read up on how to adjust your camera for "true" shots.

:lol Your f-ing hilarious. I thought everyones beens saying "screen shots don't do a game justice this gen" WTF man seriously. A digital camera shot makes the game look better than it actually is?

:lol :lol :lol

Anyways............ Awesome pics:D

sugaki said:
That MX-5 wireframe isn't necessarily what the final, in-game wireframe will be. It could be just the raw model that they're working off of.
That model is in the game, try to find polygon edges on it, that are half as apparent as in other racing games.

BlazeDSM

PS360 said:
It's amazing how many times I've seen these pictures...especially because I took them :D

Have plenty more. Where did you get these ones? I've posted them in a ton of forums including PS3forums, TXB, and here I think too...just curious.

Yes, revel in the beauty that is the 46" Bravia XBR3 + GT:HD in 1080p.

It is, the GT pics are insanely nice. I would love to play this beast on my HD TV.

Nozi

Banned
InterMoniker said:
:lol Your f-ing hilarious. I thought everyones beens saying "screen shots don't do a game justice this gen" WTF man seriously. A digital camera shot makes the game look better than it actually is?

:lol :lol :lol

Anyways............ Awesome pics:D

What he's saying is true, not relating to GT:HD but 'photos of a TV screen' add lighting bloom, anti-aliasing and numerous other artefacts which make the image look better than it does normally, usually you'll see more contrast, light leaks and a softening of the image which takes away from the digital look. It's the same for any game.

Nozi said:
What he's saying is true, not relating to GT:HD but 'photos of a TV screen' add lighting bloom, anti-aliasing and numerous other artefacts which make the image look better than it does normally, usually you'll see more contrast, light leaks and a softening of the image which takes away from the digital look. It's the same for any game.

Yup, pretty much. I'd hate to play any game with the "look" of an offscreen shot, but they do give the impression that the game looks better than it does.

That being said, GT:HD looks freaking rediculous.

Ree

Banned
So uhm, I was playing around with drifting mode yesterday with my G25, never having drifted in a sim(ish) game, ever. I somehow got to tenth place on the first car, reverse stage, and 5th place on the third car with like 5500 and 8000 points each... is this good? o_O

Check it out, Ree81. The replays show off my awesome skills too. XD

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Ree said:
So uhm, I was playing around with drifting mode yesterday with my G25, never having drifted in a sim(ish) game, ever. I somehow got to tenth place on the first car, reverse stage, and 5th place on the third car with like 5500 and 8000 points each... is this good? o_O

Check it out, Ree81. The replays show off my awesome skills too. XD
Hmm...what exact cars are they? I don't remember the order. My current highest is 11900 in the 05 lancer evo, but still not high enough to rank. :( Most of the other cars I can get about 8-10k in.

The wheel certainly helped improve my scores. Before my highest was around 8k with the controller. And it was with luck as I only got it a few times. But with the wheel I can consistently get 8K+.

Ploid 3.0

Why do I suck so much with drifting. At first I was trying to slam my car so that it goes into turns sideways like on those drift competition events on tv. Then I found It's safer, and I get more points if i'm not as perpendicular to the road. Just need smoke and gas.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Practice with the 05 lancer evo, it's gotta be the easiest car to control in drifting imo. Don't use the hand break. Just use break and gas. Or if your in MT down shift before a turn.

Ree

Banned
Huh, must be because people are too lazy to re-do their record runs every week then. The high scores I saw were areound 11000-16000, but the runner ups were usually several thousand points below the top scorer. Oh well, keep on practicing. :)

Oh, and I don't know the cars. The first one is the double colored one? Err, I'll get back to you on the names.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Ree said:
Huh, must be because people are too lazy to re-do their record runs every week then. The high scores I saw were areound 11000-16000, but the runner ups were usually several thousand points below the top scorer. Oh well, keep on practicing. :)

Oh, and I don't know the cars. The first one is the double colored one? Err, I'll get back to you on the names.

Featured Automobiles (Year, Manufacturer, Model)

-- 1995 Suzuki Cappucino
-- 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster
-- 2004 Honda Integra TYPE R
-- 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
-- 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
-- 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR
-- 2005 Lotus Elise 111R
-- 1994 Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Vspec II
-- 1995 Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car
-- 2006 Ferrari 599

Cappucino I assume then. Not bad, I can only get like 5-6k in that car. Not the greatest drifting care due to the speed. I'll look for your replays. Gonna get a few laps in right now, I'll try to get ranked so you can see my skills at work (or lack there of). :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I just ranked 8 with the celica @ 11061 points. I can't get in the top 5 to save my life. :/
Bad_Boy is my PS ID if you want to see the replay, when ever it updates my rank on there (reverse drift track).

I saw your acura rsx replay (Ree81), not bad. :D

Ree

Banned
Hey thanks. :) I'm expecting a friend any minute now, we're gonna play some driftoooo (that's the coffee)! Anyway, what's your PSN?

looks like Playstation fans are itching with anticipation as the Forza 2 nears it's release. No racing sim for you guys until mid 2008 :p

Continue playing the AWESOME demo! Love GT!!

Ranger X

Doom_Bringer said:
looks like Playstation fans are itching with anticipation as the Forza 2 nears it's release. No racing sim for you guys until mid 2008 :p

Continue playing the dmeo :lol

We'll be cool with the next Colin and GTR in 2007. tks.

Ranger X

Doom_Bringer said:
Colin PS3 is scheduled to be released in October and GTR is 360 and PC only....

Simbin said like 2 weeks ago they will be making a PS3 version. Sorry for this news.

And why don't you go play your 360 right now? We are at peace here without you.

Madman

Doom_Bringer said:

Continue playing the dmeo :lol

F1 could hold me over, but it's not needed. I can wait.

Pimpwerx

Nozi said:
Not all cameras are created equal. My Canon A80 doesn't lie when taking screenshots. Lighting bloom? WTF? Cameras have exposure settings, that's all. You can adjust that as you see fit. But no camera adds bloom or AA for that matter. The AA would come from a low-resolution camera losing data and then further compressing it. Enough megapixels and you're not losing anything. Again, my A80 doesn't lose pixel data from my tv. Then again, I don't have an HDTV. But again, it's down to the camera and the person taking the pics. I've seen off-screen pics look worse than the real thing just as it might sometimes look better than the real thing. But it's not some natural byproduct of off-screen camera use so much as it a result of the person and camera involved in taking the picture. PEACE.

Ranger X

Doom Bringer impressed by dramatic camera angles!!

Hint for you: the lighting isn't any different in the replays since Gran Turismo the first.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doom are you saying the lighting in replay is different from replay? :lol
Funny considering both of those shots are replay mode. Notice the motion blur.

And you still haven't answered my question from the previous page. :(

Pimpwerx

Doom_Bringer said:
yeah for replay mode!
The only difference is the build. How do I know? Compare the shadow map resolution of the red Lotus to those of similar replay shots taken by users on this forum. It seems they've fixed the aliasing issues. You're clueless...as usual. PEACE.

Top Bottom