• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gran Turismo HD Concept Thread

Apex

Doom_Bringer said:
yeah for replay mode!
2sb08rl.jpg

Ploid 3.0

This drifting thing is blowing my mind! I'm getting better and it's friggin fun. So can this be done in GT4? I'd probably do it just for the fun of drifting around tracks. GT:HD will be getting a lot more play out of me now. When I get good enough to feel I might rank, I'll download the updated version. That's the only way I can rank right (GT:HD 1.2 or whatever the new one is)?

Steroyd

Ploid 3.0 said:
This drifting thing is blowing my mind! I'm getting better and it's friggin fun. So can this be done in GT4? I'd probably do it just for the fun of drifting around tracks. GT:HD will be getting a lot more play out of me now. When I get good enough to feel I might rank, I'll download the updated version. That's the only way I can rank right (GT:HD 1.2 or whatever the new one is)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE8F7qEsbbA

Yes you can drift in GT4.

And after looking at these youtube GT4 drift clips i wouldn't be surprised if this is where Polyphony got the idea from.

Ranger X

Ploid 3.0 said:

You can but it's harder and you'll need to mess up with the settings for many cars. GTHD has been tweaked a bit in favor of drifting.

Drifting in GT has always been awesome. I remember playing GT1, getting high spec car just so I could win races by drifting around. Seeing Hd Drift videos on gametrailers got me all hard. Not only does it look photorealistic, it also behaves just like it should. It's like watching live tansmision of F599 drifting around the track at high speeds, boner total.

Ree

Banned
*Cries* You know the flabby piece of skin you have in between your thumb and index finger? It's gone. :(

On the plus side I got 10800 points on the reverse drifting course with the 2004 Honda Integra TYPE R! :D :D :D

Ugh, I wanted to try and beat some of Bad Boys records, but I fear I'll get blisters if I play anymore today. :lol

Steroyd said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE8F7qEsbbA

Yes you can drift in GT4.

And after looking at these youtube GT4 drift clips i wouldn't be surprised if this is where Polyphony got the idea from.
I'm gonna play GT4 right now :)
Sepuluar reminds me of Slayer or Mettalica
I was getting into drifting a while ago.
Ynos Yrros said:
Drifting in GT has always been awesome. I remember playing GT1, getting high spec car just so I could win races by drifting around. Seeing Hd Drift videos on gametrailers got me all hard. Not only does it look photorealistic, it also behaves just like it should. It's like watching live tansmision of F599 drifting around the track at high speeds, boner total.
Yup you could drift in GT o.g. loco :p

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
MickeyKnox said:
thats awesome thanks. :D
wish I knew what they were saying though.

Apex said:
http://i15.tinypic.com/42x1t77.jpg[IMG]

G25 :D[/QUOTE]
I wonder why they have the g25 in that video, but he didn't have it when he was racing (looks like they moved the wheel to the side on the chair and put in the g25 :D). I really hope they include H-pattern shifting in GT5.

[QUOTE=snack]Can someone point me in the direction of some good videos for learning how to drift? I'd greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
I wish I knew some videos. I basically just learned by practicing, and looking at replays for the speeds I should be moving at and when I should turn, etc.

Pimpwerx

What exactly is the purpose of the clutch pedal on these accessories? Without feedback, that has to be the most worthless component on the device. It reminds me of the horribly forgettable clutch on RR arcade. PEACE.

tha_con

Banned
Looks like someone's been studying pictures:

GTHD_using_3SPEs.jpg

The smaller shot is the Edge Demo. So, apparently, GT5 will use Edge, and the top bars are some sort of performance indicator?

The Edge Demo has 8 Bars, this leads me to believe it represents the 6 SPE's + 2 PPE Threads. By that assumption, GT: HD (or GT5) is currently running off of 2 SPE's and 2 PPE Threads. That leaves quite a bit of room to spare for some other things, and the "load" doesn't "look" to heavy on those bars. Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come!

Rody

One video says "passage to GRAN TURISMO 5", whatever that means. It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I hope they change the tire sound and add skid marks. They could also improve the smoke.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Looks awesome like the GTHD you know. I'm putting the video on my laptop. I'll try to take some screens but my laptop doesn't like large 720p videos, but I'll try. Seems to be more jaggies in the video than I'm used to seeing in-game, maybe due to it being captured at 720p and I play at 1080p. I dunno. Downloaded pretty fast too, about 2-3 minutes.

Give me a few minutes for the screens.

tha_con said:
Looks like someone's been studying pictures:

GTHD_using_3SPEs.jpg

The smaller shot is the Edge Demo. So, apparently, GT5 will use Edge, and the top bars are some sort of performance indicator?

The Edge Demo has 8 Bars, this leads me to believe it represents the 6 SPE's + 2 PPE Threads. By that assumption, GT: HD (or GT5) is currently running off of 2 SPE's and 2 PPE Threads. That leaves quite a bit of room to spare for some other things, and the "load" doesn't "look" to heavy on those bars. Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come!

good catch! BUt I think you are pulling the SPU usage outta ur butt.

gogogow

Bad_Boy said:
Looks awesome like the GTHD you know. I'm putting the video on my laptop. I'll try to take some screens but my laptop doesn't like large 720p videos, but I'll try. Seems to be more jaggies in the video than I'm used to seeing in-game, maybe due to it being captured at 720p and I play at 1080p. I dunno. Downloaded pretty fast too, about 2-3 minutes.

Give me a few minutes for the screens.
yeah, but you can only spot the jaggies during the car selection screen. During the replay it's difficult to see the jaggies, if any at all. The lighting on the car is amazing.

Ranger X

Bad Boy, your pics are really good (well, at least for their size).

How do you take them? You're outputting your PS3 in your PC and you have a damn nice capture card?

Top Bottom