• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP) Import thread of Convoluted Nonsense

MechaX said:
Despite the bullshit, that's actually... a decent explanation to things. Seems like BBS won't be the MGS4 of the series in terms of story after all.

I agree.
I think the whole
Xehanort = Terra body w/ Master Xehanort's heart
thing makes sense. As well as the explained origin of Lingering Sentiment from KH2 FM+.

While the overall story of the series has many wtf convoluted twists and turns, I still found it easy to follow and not be completely mindwarped just playing all the games. The only thing I'm really concerned with at this point is
why does Ventus look like Roxas, what happens to Ven and Aqua that causes them to be gone from the rest of the series, and how did Xemnas get Aqua's armor in KH2 FM+
. I will just wait for the US release to answer the rest of those questions as I'm satisfied with what I've found out already and the gameplay looks fantastic enough to justify a purchase.

MechaX said:
WWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAA- *Head explodes*

If what I've read is correct
Vanitas is some kind of being made from Ven’s extracted darkness. This explains why everyone is saying "Vanitas = Black hair, gold eyed Sora" since both Ven and Roxas look like a blond haired Sora

kman3000

Regulus Tera said:
Okay, so (spoilers for Terra's story):
Master Xehanort uses Kingdom Hearts somehow to get inside of Terra's body (no double entendre intended) to obtain more power or some shit. Terra becomes a soul trapped in an armour and defeats Terranort. Terranort then becomes unconscious and somehow ends up in Radiant Garden with amnesia, only remembering his real name (Xehanort). Terra becomes dormant and doesn't wake up until Sora finds him as the Lingering Sentiment of Final Mix +

That post needs to be updated.
Fuck..... Kingdom Hearts can no longer use the word "plot" to describe this shit.:lol

DR2K

Banned
The only series I read the spoilers ahead of actually playing is KH, because I know I won't get it either way, lol. It rally is total nonsense. Oh well I'm going to finish the DS one soon enough.

Swag

Kingdom Hearts question / possible spoiler:

So is Kingdom Hearts essentially a limitless energy / desire granter or something? WTF do people actually do once they get a hold of this thing?

With the Terra spoilers I think I understand the whole
(Master)Xenahort/Xenmas/Ansem identity stuff
. That just leaves whatever the fuck is going on with Sora/Roxas/Ven?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I like this thread because I can read the spoilers and still have no idea what's going on.

One thing ive noticed, and i dunno if its just the guy playing it, but the camera keeps rotating and rotating and rotating around in battle when he's locked on to an enemy, it makes me feel really sick when im watching

Rpgmonkey

Regulus Tera said:
Master Xehanort uses Kingdom Hearts somehow to get inside of Terra's body (no double entendre intended) to obtain more power or some shit. Terra becomes a soul trapped in an armour and defeats Terranort. Terranort then becomes unconscious and somehow ends up in Radiant Garden with amnesia, only remembering his real name (Xehanort). Terra becomes dormant and doesn't wake up until Sora finds him as the Lingering Sentiment of Final Mix +

So Duck was right?

... :/

Vamphuntr

Regulus Tera said:

:lol :lol :lol

Can nonsense become more convulted? Never underestimate Nomura.

Drkirby said:
Kingdom Hearts is a plot device.

Kingdom Hearts is Nomura's Deus Ex Machina.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bel Marduk said:
You know the whole heart/soul/body thing in FMA reminded me of KH.

I just want to see Vanitas' face and that's it with spoilers.
Apparently his face is Sora with black hair.

Btw, apparently MX
uses Kingdom Hearts to get in Terra's body or something? Dude, I have no idea what KH is anymore. It's apparently the "heart of all worlds" but WTF does that mean and how does it have all these random uses. I dun geddit.
Kingdom Hearts is a plot device.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
So are the things in spoiler tags pretty close to what everyone has been theorizing for a while?

I don't want to read them if there really are going to be some worthwhile surprises in store.

Swag

Catalix said:
So are the things in spoiler tags pretty close to what everyone has been theorizing for a while?

I don't want to read them if there really are going to be some worthwhile surprises in store.
They are surprises in the sense that you'll be surprised how much more silly / crazy the plot has become. But if you intend on being surpised by how the game plays out then I'd avoid them.

They are pretty accurate though to some of the recent theories

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Sebulon3k said:
They are surprises in the sense that you'll be surprised how much more silly / crazy the plot has become. But if you intend on being surpised by how the game plays out then I'd avoid them.

They are pretty accurate though to some of the recent theories
Alright cool. If that's the case *deep breath* I'm going in!

Bel Marduk said:
You know the whole heart/soul/body thing in FMA reminded me of KH.

I just want to see Vanitas' face and that's it with spoilers.
Apparently his face is Sora with black hair.

Btw, apparently MX
uses Kingdom Hearts to get in Terra's body or something? Dude, I have no idea what KH is anymore. It's apparently the "heart of all worlds" but WTF does that mean and how does it have all these random uses. I dun geddit.

Called it!

...Almost.

Swag

BlazingDarkness said:
Sooo, secret ending
'Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts' I wonder what that means
Was that all they showed or was there a movie attached to it a la KH2 final mix?

How many people do we have running around who
have faces identical to other people but are in fact different people?

Sebulon3k said:
Was that all they showed or was there a movie attached to it a la KH2 final mix?
there's a ten minute ingame cutscene, showing... lots of characters, and one hooded character - various text pops up, with the 'Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts' being the last

Styles

Regulus Tera said:

I'm speechless. How does Nomura come up with these stories... it just sounds so bull-shitty.

Swag

BlazingDarkness said:
there's a ten minute ingame cutscene, showing... lots of characters, and one hooded character - various text pops up, with the 'Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts' being the last
Maybe reconnect as in everything coming together. Kindom Hearts 3 confirmed.

Actually I have no clue if that's right, I just really want it to happen before May 2010 or I'll have to buy a PS3 of my own.

Sebulon3k said:
Maybe reconnect as in everything coming together. Kindom Hearts 3 confirmed.

Actually I have no clue if that's right, I just really want it to happen before May 2010 or I'll have to buy a PS3 of my own.
There's absolutely no doubt there's another KH coming up, dunno if it's KH3 though.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Just saw the Secret Ending
and have to give a big Eff You to Nojima and Nomura for this royal clusterfuck.

Even thought there's no audio, seems like whatever the next game alludes to is going to be another prequel/inter-quel type thing.

Good thing I don't follow this series, though

Surgeon Rocket said:
Just saw the Secret Ending
and have to give a big Eff You to Nojima and Nomura for this royal clusterfuck.

Even thought there's no audio, seems like whatever the next game alludes to is going to be another prequel/inter-quel type thing.

Good thing I don't follow this series, though
I felt like i was being shown a revelation, but i don't quite know what :lol
I dont wanna know any of the details though,more fun when i play itt

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
BlazingDarkness said:
I felt like i was being shown a revelation, but i don't quite know what :lol
I dont wanna know any of the details though,more fun when i play itt
Haha, felt the same about the series at some point and then, as someone pointed out earlier, I realized I probably wouldn't get it even if I knew what was going on.

I don't know why, even though I don't generally regard the story in Kingdom Hearts as good or great, I still find it interesting enough to want to follow.

It's like a woman

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So is the secret ending really secret? Something that refers to a new KH game? Or is it just something that wraps up the BBS story?

Swag

Kingsora said:
So is the secret ending really secret? Something that refers to a new KH game? Or is it just something that wraps up the BBS story?
Pure speculation at this point, but
It most probably hints at a new KH game

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Sebulon3k said:
Pure speculation at this point, but
It most probably hints at a new KH game
Ow so nobody has seen it yet, I thought it would already be on the internet considering someone already finished Terra's story more than 12 hours ago :)

Swag

Kingsora said:
Ow so nobody has seen it yet, I thought it would already be on the internet considering someone already finished Terra's story more than 12 hours ago :)
I was browsing the KH Insider forums and apparently it's up / was up on one of the streams, and someone earlier in the thread posted the details.

duckroll

Kingsora said:

Err, it's been out for a while. It's a 10 min video showing....... stuff.... and.... other stuff..... and it ends with "Reconnect. KINGDOM HEARTS" before showing some.... other stuff. Lulz.

Top Bottom