• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

brentech

@Jabee I could play now if you're around. After 9 est I'll be unavailable to start a game for a bit, and back around 1030 give or take.

Greg

most frustrating game of the season by far

huge holes up the middle, no pressure on Luck and easy outs even with zone, not a single space in the run game, and shit throws by Bortles

that 4th down conversion was the nail for me - fuckin brutal

gg fam

JABEE

GG Brent. Crazy high-scoring.

Never blocked and returned an extra point.

I kept going to Ted Ginn Jr in the slot, because he was faster than the slot CB in man coverage.

I had no answer for your run game and intermediate pass game. You picked me apart.

I’m kicking myself for making that throw at the end. I should have ate it and fought to live another down.

Greg

and that juke system they changed is the worst thing ever

instead of actually being able to control anything, they go into an RNG match where you're locked into an animation

LukeSmith

most frustrating game of the season by far

huge holes up the middle, no pressure on Luck and easy outs even with zone, not a single space in the run game, and shit throws by Bortles

that 4th down conversion was the nail for me - fuckin brutal

gg fam

gg, the 3 sacks that luck shook off were BS

Greg

I was fine with that, actually

the time it took the defenders to react to the scramble was what got me - I understand if it was man, but damn

brentech

I kept going to Ted Ginn Jr in the slot, because he was faster than the slot CB in man coverage.

I had no answer for your run game and intermediate pass game. You picked me apart.

I’m kicking myself for making that throw at the end. I should have ate it and fought to live another down.

Yeah, I had no answer to Ted Ginn's speed. Safeties over the top always seemed go outside and never stay on top of everyone.
One might tell me to learn to cover the same pass play when used that many times, but man I get so triggered (i hate that fucking word) when someone uses the same exact pass play that many times. I probably tried 4 different types of defenses against it and it always gained. Verts out of Shotgun Trio wasn't cutting me deep, but it was consistent and used often in the first half. I was having an aneurysm about it.
--I don't think anyone other than me cares about variety play calling when it comes to passing, so whatever. Just my own personal hell.

Regardless, you ultimately played a really solid game and had me on the ropes. I thought the last drive you were going to take it, but I decided to show a defense I hadn't used all game on the final pick.
Games was a barn burner, defense did not show up like it did last week. Neither of us got a pass rush.

Yeah, I had no answer to Ted Ginn's speed. Safeties over the top always seemed go outside and never stay on top of everyone.
One might tell me to learn to cover the same pass play when used that many times, but man I get so triggered (i hate that fucking word) when someone uses the same exact pass play that many times. I probably tried 4 different types of defenses against it and it always gained. Verts out of Shotgun Trio wasn't cutting me deep, but it was consistent and used often in the first half. I was having an aneurysm about it.
--I don't think anyone other than me cares about variety play calling when it comes to passing, so whatever. Just my own personal hell.

Regardless, you ultimately played a really solid game and had me on the ropes. I thought the last drive you were going to take it, but I decided to show a defense I hadn't used all game on the final pick.
Games was a barn burner, defense did not show up like it did last week. Neither of us got a pass rush.

I try to not call the same pass play twice in a game.

On AP I'm noticing a lack of DL pressure. reducing pass blocking might help

brentech

I try to not call the same pass play twice in a game.

On AP I'm noticing a lack of DL pressure. reducing pass blocking might help
I try not to, but sometimes I might use a couple different passes twice. I think I avoided doubling up that game.

I dunno if that's the right thing to do. I had 9 sacks in the prior game. Just this game, I got nothing.
edit: Also, Daddy leagues reporting games on Discord as week 6, but it's week 7.
Code:
Daddyleagues
Neogaf Redskins VS Eagles Week 6
Redskins 15 - Eagles 24

based on my 2 game sample size, the trench battles seem to be completely one sided in AP. Either the DLine is gonna have a field day or they ain’t doin shit.

On the very last INT I think your in route over the middle was wide open too for about 8 yards

DCX

DCX
The pass rush seems nerfed. IDK why I find it harder to run the ball on AP vs AM. Makes no sense :/

DCX

Greg

yeah, running is hard now for no reason - I thought run game seemed really balanced on AM, and with the difficulty of the passing game actually made it a solid option

defenders seem slow to react to everything now and it's actually stupid not to throw every single down

DCX

DCX
yeah, running is hard now for no reason - I thought run game seemed really balanced on AM, and with the difficulty of the passing game actually made it a solid option

defenders seem slow to react to everything now and it's actually stupid not to throw every single down
Exactly!

So artificial.
Jesus EA! Fix your shit! :(

DCX

brentech

I don’t know that running is any harder or easier on either mode. I have had up and down games in both.
My 200yd game came in AM though. That’s kind of absurd.
I think sim mode is more effective in AllPro though. So the effects of players or units being great is amplified.

Greg

feels like on AP the game is a bit more dictated by player stats, and AM everyone is so cracked out that the gap between players is narrowed

as it stands though, I see no reason to run the ball with my current team's setup unless we're trying to pretend to care about balance

Top Bottom