• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 PS2 Tournament I: It's so hard.. to say goodbye.. to yeste.. LD!

Now that league daddy is finished (goodbye... old friend!), we must run tournaments from here on in! I may or may not use EA's tournament setup (it is kinda crappy and unstable...), but either way we must rumble! Sign up here if you want to play. There will be 1 of 2 types of tournaments depending on the amount of players:

* If we have only 8 or 16 players

- this is an easy, standard tournament.

* If we have 12 players

- i will setup 2 conferences, and randomly select 4 names out of a hat which will have "byes". The remaining teams will be matched up against one another.

For the first tournament, we will be using standard rosters. In the future I will update the rosters and have spawn games to play tournaments with new draft picks and so on. But, for now, pick your teams! First come first serve! (p.s. i will be picking the niners once i have vernon davis on my team and bitch peterson OFF my team)

1. FMT - Dolphins
2. Coldblooded - Bengals
3. MrBob - 49ers (you are officially on my shitlist buddy)
4. DMczaf - Bucs
5. Hito - Panthers
6. lonestar - seahawks
7. birdbomb - falcons
8. miguel - packers
9. bluemax - chargers
10. rors - raiders
11. Ninja - redskins
12. wellington - Giants
13. matrix - colts
14. archaix - steelers
15. archaix jr. - ?
16. andokuky - broncos

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Urge To Pick the Eagles is high. But its time for a change up!

As of now.... Bengals

Rorschach

Raiders! Too bad, I would have owned the league so bad..

[edit] Just making clear, yes I'm picking the Raiders. And yes, I would have owned the league. You're all just scared! (don't see how 15 peeps wasn't enough :()

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BirdBomb said:
hmm...are falcons still banned? if not, i want them. if they are...seahawks
Hey, if it weren't for the fact that Lonestar was going to play I'd have picked the Seahawks. They're reserved for him unless he doesn't want them. ;)

like Terrel Owens said to J-Gar after he dropped the soap during a post-game shower: I'M IN!

gimme the redskins.

the only "potential" problem: Im gonna be out of town all this weekend, from Saturday to Tuesday.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
the only "potential" problem: Im gonna be out of town all this weekend, from Saturday to Tuesday.

You are going to miss the post-Backlash Raw thread?! What if HBK whips it out!? WHAT IF HE WHIPS IT OUT!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Colts cause I suck.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
heh, this whole topic was made after I went to sleep last night. Thanks for thinking of me, guys!

Though, I'm saddened a wee bit that it won't be a season :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is this a standard 1 and done tourney if you lose? No sense in experimenting with a new team if that's the case.

Either way, I am taking my least hated division rival, the Cowboys.

the brackets are about to go up. here is the procedure for playing:

* 5 minute quarters
* Difficulty: All-Pro
* Fair Play: OFF
* Rules: http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=1307
* We are not running the tournaments through EA's official "tournament" generator cause it sucks, nor are we entering it into league daddy (cause the site will expire soon ;)) Just report your scores here in the thread.
* I promise you I am simply picking names out of a hat to determine the matchups. I haven't even picked them yet (as I am typing this) but will in a matter of seconds (I'm posting them as i pick them). If you get an unfavorable matchup, don't blame me, blame fate.
* Play will begin immediately after I post the matchups in this thread (which will be in a matter of minutes). There will be 3 days between rounds, so you have until Thursday to play round 1. Enjoy!
* The matchups are below:

1. Seahawks @ Packers
2. Patriots @ Broncos
3. Bengals @ Colts
4. Redskins @ Falcons
5. Chargers @ Steelers
6. Dolphins @ 49ers (LOL! Dude I swear to god i didn't set this shit up)
7. Panthers @ Buccaneers
8. Cowboys @ Archaix's Brother!

Rorschach

shockeyshocked1.gif

PS: is it too late to change my mind on a team? :p

no, the teams must be unique.

p.s. i plan on having more than just 1 tournament, so don't feel like you have to pick a super team as if you wont get another shot ;)

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
:lol :lol Come on, I've played 1 game since I've gotten the PS2 version, you are expected to win!
He probably thought that was Hito (the guy that always beats him :D).

[edit] DAMN! The Pats suck on O compared to the awesomness that is the Raiders. Oh well, all I need is an awesome-o Defense...which the Raiders lack :'(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fucking A Rudi Johnson against the Colts soft D,I'm done! :(

Ummm CB can you play after 24 tonight? Like 10 pm eastern time or 10:30 ?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
Fucking A Rudi Johnson against the Colts soft D,I'm done! :(

Ummm CB can you play after 24 tonight? Like 10 pm eastern time or 10:30 ?

Yeah that should be good

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Yeah that should be good

Before I go on I'll post here after 24 is over,since my aim is acting up.

BirdBomb

Banned
"Ninja", when do you want to play? Leave your AIM and a time so we can get it done, or make contact easier.

No sneaky smoke, throwing stars, swords, or 2-toes shoes in football biyatch! you're mine!

oltlaljevan3ninjas.gif

Matrix

Cb,Im' going online in 5 mins ok?

Matrix

Whooo that was not fun!

I get burned by a 100 yard kick off return td cause his guy gets caught in a gang pile and still manages to get out of it.

I throw an int near the end but I could have sworn there was PI on it,but no call,yet they call CB for a PI at the end of the game when he didnt touch me.

GG CB,I'm officially done with Madden till 07,I dont like the ps2 version at all.

I get 4 ints,2 user ints and still manage to lose cause teams always get one or two huge plays on me a game,like that f-ing kick off td.

ps- Ill take one thing out of this game besides user ints,Rudi didnt hurt me.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Well, at least with manning you don't have to use R2 at all since his cone covers the entire field....

True,still I dont like this version,it just plays different to me or maybe I'm just so used to the xbox version I will never fill comfortable with this one.

BirdBomb said:
"Ninja", when do you want to play? Leave your AIM and a time so we can get it done, or make contact easier.

No sneaky smoke, throwing stars, swords, or 2-toes shoes in football biyatch! you're mine!

oltlaljevan3ninjas.gif

check yer PM

Top Bottom