• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 PS2 Tournament I: It's so hard.. to say goodbye.. to yeste.. LD!

Miguel

blank.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, in only my 2nd game of PS2 Madden, I cam back from 18 or so points down, to win 38-28. On the shoulders of a Seattle Legend....J. Jurevicious. Let it never be forgotten that he had 223 yards of recieving yards, nor shall it be forgotten that 145 of those yards...were after the catch.

Oh yeahs, Alexander with 18 carries for 132 yards.

And Farvra, you ask? He inexplicably decided to pass. ONLY.

Lonestar

Nice game Ando. I still have some PS2 control problems, and the game was mildy lagging. If only I could have one of those INT's back. 9-7, and at least I held you out of the end zone, with the 3 FG's.

Andokuky

Banned
9-7 in a sloppy ass game.

God I hope Denver trades Lelie's ass off. Over the middle open dropped. Over the middle open bounces off his hands into a DB's hands. In the endzone supposed to be a short comeback he runs 10 yards into the endzone and then keeps going out of bounds leaving Herndon or whoever that was open for the pick. GG

Tatum Jesus Bell 135 yds

Andokuky

Banned
I was holding Alexander in check pretty well until you busted a few big runs out of the 3 WR set but I wasn't going to change my defense. Did you purposely not score with 4 minutes left in the 4th? Killing that clock down gave me the game :lol

Lonestar

well, you could say I don't want to play the Falcons. I figure you and your brother could just flip a coin to choose who wins ;P

That damn spin move is cheese, I'm calling it for next year!!!!!

Oh, and that was my 3rd game on the PS2, after a 3-4 month layoff from Xbox. Not too bad, imo.

Andokuky

Banned
Broncos 42 Falcons 35

Vick 260yds passing 1TD 2INTs 80yds running (70 on one designed bootleg for a TD)

Tatum Jesus Bell 194yds rushing 3 TD's

I should be good to go tomorrow afternoon if you're around DM.

Andokuky

Banned
I'm home today until about 5:30CST if you're free to play. I think we play first week of the MLB06 league too. I get off work at about 12:30am CST tonight if you're up late.

Andokuky

Banned
24-17 Broncos

Tatum Jesus Bell 105yds rushing

GG, 2 defenisve TD's for me and one for you made the difference in the game

tourney done! congrats broncos, you are champion!

on an unrelated note :)D ), if we have any future leagues/tournaments, switching to the wide receiver for any reason is banned completely, whether you are trying to break up an int or not. there have been too many instances of people complaining about manual catching (not just complaining about one game or one person, this is in general), and since there is no way to know for sure, i'm going to say that in the future if your opponent so much as switches to a WR/RB/TE during a pass play, the game is over at that point and the person using manual catching is done. strict but if you have problems with that pm me or IM me, we can discuss it :)

Andokuky

Banned
:lol

I switch to the offensive player right as the ball gets there. Please tell me how that is cheese. I don't manually move my player whatsoever, I switch right before the ball is there because it gives me a better shot at catching it. I fail to see how this gives me an advantage in any way whatsoever as my offensive player is already in a spot to catch the ball or already in the air and the defender is already committed to whatever they are going to do so again, where is the cheese?

I had people going for it on 4th and 8 in the first half not even across their 40 and coming out in goalline formation on their own 41 on 4th and 2 to run for a first down, squib kicks etc in this tournament alone and I never said shit :lol

I switch right before the ball is there because it gives me a better shot at catching it.

if you do nothing with the receiver, how does it give you a better chance to catch it? afterall, the play is "set in motion", and your guy is already committed to what he is going to do. not being condescending, i really dont understand how it could give you a better shot unless you were controlling the receiver doing something.

anyways, the game is over. i only posted that for future reference!

Andokuky

Banned
Manual catches are always more reliable than the CPU catching it. So long as I am not running around like a moron messing up the AI I see no problem.

i thought everyone understood controlling the receiver for any purpose besides breaking up an int was banned. but i blame myself for not clarifying that. i suppose i will be more specific if we have more tourneys/another league. no harm no foul at this point, however

Lonestar

I'm not sure about this, just want to know, but, is Manual control of the CB on say a long bomb pass allowed? To be able to sprint button while the CPU WR goes along, seems kinda "blah"

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BirdBomb said:
i don't think you're allowed to talk...

:D

Oh, I am allowed to talk, but im the kind of person who will let things go. I rather not argue about shit in the past that ive gotten over. I dont wanna get into more drama

Mig: Your just ashamed of your Texans Drafting your BOY Super Mario!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cool, so now I will only have to contend with two cheeses from MrBob in the future (Scrub TEs being amazing and high passes). One fixed out of three problems ain't bad!

:D

last thing im going to say on the subject: at no point in any game for any reason should you be controlling the receiver (until after the ball is in your possession). no exceptions.

Top Bottom