• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Wellington said:
RIIIIIGHT. A likely story!

Another true story is my 86-0 record against you!

angle.jpg

hgplayer1

I control the LBs too when Im on D and one of the most annoying things about it is when I call a play where the LB I want to control is supposed to play zone and I pick him and as everyone is lining up he scoots up to the LOS to show blitz. this happens a lot and is very annoying. Im not sure what the logic is but it sucks when I dont notice it and the ball is snapped quickly and I get sucked onto a O lineman when Im supposed to be covering the middle of the field.

gg Matrix. :/

I just can't keep composure in the pocket. I keep scrambling back and back....I think my games would be better if I just stayed at the o-line, sack or not. :(

I'm also really pissed at the Redskins D playbook. I lost 3-4 formation....and got 4-3 Under instead. :( Unless I'm missing some magic play in that formation, my run D is really gonna be shit this year.

Oh well, at least I had that miraculous kick return TD. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG's guys....Im getting better using the cone,except against the insane Eagles :(

Konex....good luck this season dude :lol

"Oh well, at least I had that miraculous kick return TD."

I wept when you did that :(

Fifty

1 2 3 4 OT F
matrixadw 0 0 0 0 0 0
Che Guevara 21 0 9 0 0 30

Statistics matrixadw Che Guevara
Rushing attempts for 13 21
Rushing yards for 52 211
Passing attempts for 13 6
Passing yards for 0 18

I was on pace to set all kinds of records. Damn you mercy!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG's Fifty,but that last game got on my nerves.I picked the Broncos playbook and good god does it suck for me,I couldnt play for shit that last game.I do have to say I hate the fact that one game I look like im getting better with the cone and then the next game I take like 5 steps back...you still have your strength with Lewis and your D,but my best part of my game from last year is having to be started over from scratch...I feel so used :(

You were so on that last game,fucking reading everything right and was it my imagination or is shading working for you now cause you're starting to pick off some of my corner posts...what did you have,like 4 or 5 ints? :(

To Vision Cone,

I love you one minute and then the next I want to take a giant size Ncaa poop on you.

Matrix

Fifty said:
1 2 3 4 OT F
matrixadw 0 0 0 0 0 0
Che Guevara 21 0 9 0 0 30

Statistics matrixadw Che Guevara
Rushing attempts for 13 21
Rushing yards for 52 211
Passing attempts for 13 6
Passing yards for 0 18

I was on pace to set all kinds of records. Damn you mercy!!!

Nothing like kicking dirt in my face when I'm down,I'll get my revenge...VISION CONE PRACTICE HERE I COME!

Fifty

Yeah shading is working. I pretty much just tried to stop the old money posts with it. I think it only got me one INT. I wanted that last game to go on forever :( I was doing everything right and it seemed you were doing everything wrong....so of course I liked it and you didn't ;) Anyway, good games. To make this post seem less like a pm I'll post some impressions

-Bad PI calls can happen when the DB or safety is 'pressing L" and doing a high jump animation...even if it's not directly in the line of the pass if he hits a reciever doing it they can call it. oh well, it was only once....so it's not a giant issue (edit, I just realized in the NFL they'd call that too....nevermind)

-I really like manually moving the vision cone with the right stick. AFC North players seem to be drawn toward that

- In our second (of 3) games, Suggs (now playing DE) had 5 sacks. He's so freaking fast...he's not that strong but if he can beat his man it's just instant results

- Jamal Lewis and I are getting married. Samari Rolle will be the best man.

me%20and%20Jamal%20Lewis.jpg

Matrix

"I really like manually moving the vision cone with the right stick. AFC North players seem to be drawn toward that"

Thats what I'm doing and sometimes I get in a groove with it,but for the love of god my O-line sucks ass and when Im just a little off its hard as hell to get anything off quick enough against teams with great D's...ex.Ravens,Eagles.I mean I expect to not throw that great against those teams,cause well they're good,but in last years version I would have never gone 0/18 with Carr and it seemed I got better protection.

Btw my new most hated player is Jamal,that first TD you had in the 3rd game was some bizzaro Espn shit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I got a false start trying to hot route a receiver. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Maybe I'll beat Matrix this year. Maybe.

Seahawks defense looks to be worse than last year though :(

AND NO RICEMAN.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Why do I get a false start EVERY time I call the same play in hurry up offense?

Calling your play too quickly most likely.

"Maybe I'll beat Matrix this year. Maybe."

With having to use the cone,your chances are much better than maybe.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
quick question...

there are no options for online leagues in the online menu... are we certain that there will be online leagues for us?? I know that premium pass started in sept last year, but I dont even see an option for it...

I guess we might have to run the league as we did NCAA... but I prefer the Madden format from last year... correct me if I am wrong...

Also what is that Fatasy option that i cant access...

Fifty

The Madden leagues were so good last year, I can't even imagine having to play using the inferior NCAA system :( I forget what we went to menu-wise last year, but they've gotta have something

The fantasy option takes you to your fantasy team. I was able to access it, even though I had no players because the draft hasn't happened (august 28th) maybe it was just down for a bit.

Silent Death

lemme get one or two licks
Cloudy said:
Why do I get a false start EVERY time I call the same play in hurry up offense?

Yeah I noticed that too. I had a guy call a couple of hurry up plays and everytime he would get a false start.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So the Fantasy thing is for a Fantasy Football league? Or is that the "online league" that we're all waiting on?

Matrix

If we dont get "official" online leagues like last year I'll destroy my copy of madden 06 and go buy 05 again :p ....Ok I wont,but id want to.

Also I cant see FMT's style of league working out with the amount of people we have so far wanting to play,MVP and NCAA didnt work out so well :( NCAA cause it sucked ass and MVP cause,well I'm not sure why.I can see tons of people just quitting cause of the cone.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Did 05 have a option in the menu for league? if it did i guess i never noticed it. thats why i didnt pay any attention to why there was not one on 06

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
this will really suck if there is no online league... i dont like the whole play all your games back to back and report the score,it takes away from the league feeling... i heard there is a site that you can make leagues up in http://leaguedaddy.com... if it comes down to it...

may take a little work, but Looks hot....

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Did 05 have a option in the menu for league? if it did i guess i never noticed it. thats why i didnt pay any attention to why there was not one on 06

I believe it did,someone who still has a copy of 05 should go online and check it out.

Online leagues last year didn't even start until late Sept, right? I assume they'll be rolling out the update patch for the ESPN sponsorship soon, to get us to sign up for Premium Pass. If tournaments are already in there and function the same as they did last year, I'd expect the online leagues to at least be the same (and hopefully without the playoffs glitch).

As far as the cone goes, while I find manual scanning to be very hard, it isn't that hard to "snap to" a receiver, nor is it impossible to complete passes to receivers not in the cone. Just this morning I was playing against FredEx KC (who I think is a gaffer? if you're out there say hello) and I completed a screen pass to Thrash on the left side of the field without having him under the cone (which was on Moss on the right). And this is with Ramsey, of all QBs. So anyone that doesn't like the cone now shouldn't bother joining the league--it's a part of the game now, and each of us is at the same disadvantage, and we're all still slugging it out.

Slo

Screw making your own leagues. I relied HEAVILY on the stats reporting from last year to prepare for my game against other gafers, as well as to do self evaluation.

Do I really run on 1st down 70% of the time? Oh shit!

CB3

hmmm.... looking at the madden boards over at EAsports.com its looking pretty dark for leagues. If there is none im gonna send a flurry of e-mails to EA saying very bad things :)

CB3

Matrix said:
I believe it did,someone who still has a copy of 05 should go online and check it out.

I do but im in the middle of getting dish network installed in my house so it might take a while before i can check.

Edit: WTF looking at that leaguedaddy page you have to pay to use it? bullshit

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i guess they figured we ahd no options (espn) so fuck it... although I still believe they arent that evil...

Matrix

I think DJ is right,I think we will be seeing some sorta download patch or something for league play come September *gets pitchfork ready just in case*

hgplayer1

in 05 there was no menu item that ever said Online Leagues. you went to Game Modes then to Online Events. Online Events had all your tournaments that you were signed in to. You had to sign up for a league through the website and it would show up in your events when you went online with the game.

for 06 you have Game Modes again in the menu but there is no Online Events. I guess it would be under tournaments because that brings you to My Events which looks the same as 05. if you go to Lobby under Game Modes there is a EA Sports Nation lobby which is labeled ESPN in the list. not sure what signifigance that particular lobby is gonna have but its there.

from what I see they could do it the exact same way it was set up last year though Im surprised there wasnt an actual section for Leagues. its actually kind of discouraging that they didnt make it crystal clear via a menu selection that there would be leagues.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I wouldn't be too worried about the leagues just yet. EA pretty much drags their feet with everything online. I figured it might be different this year, but this is pretty much regular EA activity.

Matrix

hgplayer1 said:
in 05 there was no menu item that ever said Online Leagues. you went to Game Modes then to Online Events. Online Events had all your tournaments that you were signed in to. You had to sign up for a league through the website and it would show up in your events when you went online with the game.

for 06 you have Game Modes again in the menu but there is no Online Events. I guess it would be under tournaments because that brings you to My Events which looks the same as 05. if you go to Lobby under Game Modes there is a EA Sports Nation lobby which is labeled ESPN in the list. not sure what signifigance that particular lobby is gonna have but its there.

from what I see they could do it the exact same way it was set up last year though Im surprised there wasnt an actual section for Leagues. its actually kind of discouraging that they didnt make it crystal clear via a menu selection that there would be leagues.

Yea thats it,thanks for clearing that up,I forgot how it was last season.I still dont see why EA cant just put the word "LEAGUE" or a league section in the menu,doesnt take a rocket scientist.

Fifty

Malley's a great player, but they really are a much better team this year than the one he won with last year. With the improved blocking his #1 OL finally can play like one, and now that team is a defensive threat as well. You can joke about the gunther factor all day, but the fact is the talent is there this year and it wasn't last year.

Matrix

Whoa I beat Dm,so far he's the best ive seen at using the Vision cone,but it seems they took away the Bucs running game :D and gave the Texans one.

Matrix

WTF I just noticed Dm was banned,he cant respond to us Ram :p

Matrix

Its official I suck mucho ass in this game right now.

Ramirez

Wow,banned for bumping a thread,sounds about like something sporks would do ;)

And I just gave FMT a little dose of whats to come for all of you this year! :p

GG frenchie.

DCX

DCX
....i have no words for how crappy i played that game FMT...i mean i can't kick worth shit!! Great game...although it felt like you was holding out on me ;)

DCX

gg's friends

ramirez man that safety + kick return td was bs! freaking stupid ass ball... how the fuck could that shit bounce at the 2 and just sit still! impossibable!

dcx, wish i could say i took it easy on you chum, but i did not! thats how i play... i dont blow people out too often. i just always get lucky in the end :D

p.s. YOUR kicking sucked!? i missed 3 fucking fg's! i need to get my fg kicking straight before league

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dcx, wish i could say i took it easy on you chum, but i did not! thats how i play... i dont blow people out too often. i just always get lucky in the end :D

p.s. YOUR kicking sucked!? i missed 3 fucking fg's! i need to get my fg kicking straight before league
Dude, i started the game giving you the ball at the 40 :lol I screwed up like 2x kickoffs and 2x field goalds including the game tying FG that i worked so hard to get down the field on..i must admit, it was one of my better passing games you just witnessed...and by far one of my worst rushing games...so any tips? I need alot of help, i had my mic on was hoping to get some tips and advice, you had a great run stopping D...made great adjustments, you had very good drives just could punch it in the end zone, it's like when you to the 40-30 yrd mark you just stoped :lol

DCX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom