• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm the official fucking choke artist of Madden 06.

Ck,get me that tag,make it happen.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
Yea,bout time the hit stick gave me something in return :lol

I figured you had the FG nailed at the end tho :p

I had very bad night all together. Maybe tomorrow will be better?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
thats the scouting zone where you put in a user name and it shows all those things on the menu.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
BigZep said:
you guys allow user-catching right?

Yea,why would anyone want to the cpu to catch their passes.

Ramirez

Yea,why would anyone want to the cpu to catch their passes.

?

I've never noticed anyone in the league do manual catching on every play,or at all really.It can be really cheesy with some routes...

Matrix

Ramirez said:
?

I've never noticed anyone in the league do manual catching on every play,or at all really.It can be really cheesy with some routes...

What routes is it cheesy on? Also what is considered a user catch in this game? I mean if I throw to my WR/HB/TE and I dont press Y they hardly ever catch the ball,I must be confused cause I press Y and I always considered that being user related.I could be 100% wrong,I just really started playing madden last year.I mean when I see Fifty on D getting user ints,he says its cause he presses Y.

Matrix

Fifty see my above post,I dont understand the whole manual catch system in the game 100%.

edit - Bigzep throw out what I said,cause I guess I have no idea wtf I'm talking about.

Ramirez

I'm talking about throwing like a bomb,then taking control of your WR and like purposely placing the ball where you could come back to it and make the cpu D turn stupid and get an easy catch out of it,it could also lead to alot of BS PI calls,I say no excessive amount of manually controlled WRs,if your WR was open to begin with then he will catch it,most people do it when they make a stupid pass into double coverage and just try to bail themselves out.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
I'm talking about throwing like a bomb,then taking control of your WR and like purposely placing the ball where you could come back to it and make the cpu D turn stupid and get an easy catch out of it,it could also lead to alot of BS PI calls,I say no excessive amount of manually controlled WRs,if your WR was open to begin with then he will catch it,most people do it when they make a stupid pass into double coverage and just try to bail themselves out.

Ahhh ok cause I dont do that,thats fucking cheap.

Fifty

Matrix said:
.I mean when I see Fifty on D getting user ints,he says its cause he presses Y.

I assumed that if you pressed Y when not controlling someone, unlike ESPN, nothing would happen. A user INT is an INT when the user is controlling the player who makes the INT...if only for a second. User catches are when someone switches to the WR and manually makes the catch by pressing Y along with moving in position to make the ctach.

edit: I know "high level" madden players catch manually with WRs...but then again, they're doing that to exploit the game, as you saw in the championships with the fatass who used the falcons strafe catching most plays. I think the way we (everyone I've seen at GA) play is more legit.

Matrix

Thanks for clearing this up for me.Damn if thats the case I really would like to know how you and Ram are so damn fast at switching players on the fly,its disturbs me how many a game you seem to be getting now on D Fifty,I mean you were good last year at it,I dont know if the cone is making my passes pure shit,but you average like 3 user ints a game against me *weeps*

CB3

Did the madden servers just go down? i was playing and in the middle of the game with no lag it said i lost connection and when i tried to get back on it said EA servers were not up or somthing like that. im gonna be PISSED if i get a loss for that.

CB3

I would play you guys right now but my DSL is acting very unstable right now disconecting alot. i found out the hard way it happened twice today in madden. i called SBC and chewed their ass out and now im getting their double speed service for free :). though whenever it does this it never lasts for long so i should be good by tomorrow

newsguy

Holy shit! The above posts about user catching just made me realize that I don't play human competition nearly enough. I've controlled my receivers since my Snes days of Madden. I don't do it to be cheap, but there are lots of passes that the CPU drops that I can catch myself. I really thought that's how everyone played, I mean, they even have WR catching drills in the training camp mode. Anyway, I'll have to adjust to this for the league because It's like second nature for me to switch to the receiver after I throw the ball (unless it's in the flats).

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
newsguy said:
Holy shit! The above posts about user catching just made me realize that I don't play human competition nearly enough. I've controlled my receivers since my Snes days of Madden. I don't do it to be cheap, but there are lots of passes that the CPU drops that I can catch myself. I really thought that's how everyone played, I mean, they even have WR catching drills in the training camp mode. Anyway, I'll have to adjust to this for the league because It's like second nature for me to switch to the receiver after I throw the ball (unless it's in the flats).

Im the exact same way....I hope were able to do it to an extent. The only time I dont do it is when the route is really short.

Well, to lay it all out now, i will user catch...its part of my game, the same way I user int when i control the safety.

hgplayer1

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The only thing about user catches is that it opens up the game to some big big fuckin' cheese that I've seen, and I showed MrBob. So please don't use it for BS play.

hgplayer1

by the way I should be playing online tonight. about to get off work and Ill be loggin in soon unless something unexpected comes up. add me if you dont already have me on your list. gamertag is hgplayer1

i dont care about having manual catches in certain circumstances. but if you throw into double/triple coverage , and purposely take control of the WR to do that cheesy jetpack catch shit, that is bullshit and is banned

Cloudy

Banned
I was trying to play the game like 2K (select the WR as the ball comes in with B and tap Y to catch) but I kept dropping passes so I just tap Y now...

gg dskillz, I was sweating bullets enduring Reliant Stadium's booing for running down the clock at the end of the game. I still can't believe I made that 50 yard FG to take the final lead. o_O

hgplayer1

it seems like Im not seeing people to be online when Im online in Madden. like Ill check EA messenger and I dont see people but if I look on my MSN messener it shows lots of people in Madden.

newsguy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont care about having manual catches in certain circumstances. but if you throw into double/triple coverage , and purposely take control of the WR to do that cheesy jetpack catch shit, that is bullshit and is banned

In my case, I'm so used to it that I use it for any circumstance (and I tend to throw into double coverage lol). For the league I'm better off not controlling the receivers at all. BTW, when are we going to have a post with everyone's Gamertag/AIM names. I only have the ones for those who played NCAA, but I've seen many new people in this thread.

guys i know it can't always be controlled, but please dont throw high passes all day long. a few times here and there i understand, but if you are marching up and down the field pulling that crap that is unacceptable.

p.s. luckily no one i've played from the league does that a lot

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i know it can't always be controlled, but please dont throw high passes all day long. a few times here and there i understand, but if you are marching up and down the field pulling that crap that is unacceptable.

p.s. luckily no one i've played from the league does that a lot

Just for clarification, what's the difference between high and deep passes? For example, When I want to throw deep, I hold up on the L stick. Is that correct? How do you throw high?

hgplayer1

wow my guys wouldnt catch shit this last game I just played. there were like 4 passes I just couldnt understand what happened. not that my offense was running great or anything but those drops really killed me. gg dskillz

then the game before that went a little like this: I open the game with a drive that lasts the entire 1st quarter and I punch it in to take a 7-0 lead. a flea flicker and a safety (Im a dumbass) later and I lose 9-7.

Fifty

I'm sorry you don't know how to double recievers CP....but when I see Steve Smith in single coverage with no safety around (the one you were often controlling) and throw deep, that's not cheese. You didn't accept my mercy because you said you'll make me wait because of the cheese. If I saw you double him ONCE, and still I got those 3 long TDs, then maybe I'd be wary...but as it stands you're just a pissy loser

let the proclamation be heard: bigzep... defeated! 14-0 in the 2nd quarter and he got dc'ed. fear the niners D BOYEEEEEEEE!!!!

p.s. he runs a lot of 4/5-wide sets w/ the rams. perhaps in previous maddens this was effective... but no longer

CB3

ColdBlooded33 said:
BigZep got FMTowned!

But ive been owned by my ISP disconnecting me today twice so im not one to say anything.

Edit: Meant to Edit not quote, my bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom