• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Whats funny is im having so much trouble even getting throws off...I would die for some cheese! :p :( I can throw the ball deep in this game,but its worthless,how the heck do you even do that lob?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, I'm just starting to get the hang of it, and to have it be taken out, at least before the 1st season, would suck.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
You suck with or without the cone, so stop your bitching!

And the only time ive seen fumbles during returns is when someone is dumb enough to try to return with guys right in their face. I'm not calling YOU dumb, but I'm just saying!

Konex has a point with the fumbles,ive seen him fumble the ball a ton and no one has been in right in his face and its starting to happen to me.

im not saying it's being taken off. i think we should go with it for season 1 and see if its so bad. i just have a bad feeling the high pass is going to come up in some pressure situations

Cloudy

Banned
Hell, I'd have won my tourney game against JayFro if I didn't fumble the first frikken kickoff return of the game for a TD. I wasn't even trying to do anything special. It's retarded...

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
Konex has a point with the fumbles,ive seen him fumble the ball a ton and no one has been in right in his face and its starting to happen to me.

He fumbled I believe on the opening kickoff against me, and it cost him 7 points to start the game. I don't even think I used the hit stick but his dude coughed up the ball, kind of a freak thing I think. I've only played two games of 06' online so I'm not sure how much of a freak occurance it really is. The passing game is tough, especially for some of us who haven't played a ton of Madden and such but I think we should stick with the cone for season one and see how it all plays out.

My only gripe so far is that it's really tough to defend against the blitz, you just don't have much time to get the ball off.

Fifty

Matrix said:
Whats funny is im having so much trouble even getting throws off...I would die for some cheese! :p :( I can throw the ball deep in this game,but its worthless,how the heck do you even do that lob?

It's not cheese.....but speaking ofa lob, I haven't seen you ever lob a streak pass downfield. (A WR is going straight up on a route, ideally in one on one, and you lightly tap up and the passing button) Most of my passes like that are shot down, but I'm surprised I never see you try them...always posts and slants it seems.

Ramirez

I dunno,I felt my INTs were pretty much my fault,I'm pretty sure 3 of them came in the redzone where I forced passes in all kinds of coverage...

Your main problem Matrix is that you don't move the cone hardly at all :p I've never gotten that many user pics in a game,but I just knew that you were prolly gonna try and throw it to the person you had the cone on at the beginning of the play...

Matrix

JayFro said:
He fumbled I believe on the opening kickoff against me, and it cost him 7 points to start the game. I don't even think I used the hit stick but his dude coughed up the ball, kind of a freak thing I think. I've only played two games of 06' online so I'm not sure how much of a freak occurance it really is. The passing game is tough, especially for some of us who haven't played a ton of Madden and such but I think we should stick with the cone for season one and see how it all plays out.

My only gripe so far is that it's really tough to defend against the blitz, you just don't have much time to get the ball off.

Ive seen him fumble like that atleast 3 times and ive done it about 5 times in the last 10 games or so,I know its cost me atleast 2 games.I even made a comment earlier in the thread about it,a couple pages back.As for the blitz,if you're playing with a average or below team its near impossible to stop the blitz even with hotblocking and slide protection.If I do get the chance to throw even if I know who I want to throw to or even if I can somehow swing the cone around quick enough to get it to my 2nd option,Im sacked.

The passing game isnt just tuff for new guys,trust me cause I'm not new to the series and I consider myself a decent passer.

Matrix

Ram,it doesnt matter if I move the cone or not,I move it vs fifty all the time and I'm picked off.

Fifty,the lob isnt cheese? Then why is fmt making a deal about it?

Fifty

I'm talking about throwing ahead of a streaking WR..they work like they did last year I think....It's usually shorter passes with a TE (who does an incredible jump) that seem to be close to cheese.

Fifty

Well no one (besides you) has complained about the speed of WRs, and that game against you had no special animations, just regular catches (in coverage) Dude....if you're still bitter, whatever, but I just haven't seen that result in...results, as often as TE catches. Get over it already. We've all seen tons of crap. Steve smith catching 3 TDs isn't the end of the world.

Matrix

Fifty lets try that game without the cone now.

Ramirez

Roofles,I just played Fifty,and nothing BS about his game...the Ravens D is impossible to pass on,but ah what can I do about that.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im not saying it's being taken off. i think we should go with it for season 1 and see if its so bad. i just have a bad feeling the high pass is going to come up in some pressure situations

One of the problems is when pressure comes from the outside my first reaction is to step up in the pocket and get rid of the ball, but by stepping up in the pocket I am pushing up which is how the leap catch works. I have done it many times by that way but only one time was it a lob pass, against DM I got hit and the ball just floated in the air. Normally it happens on my low passes over the middle.

Slo

What's this jump pass shit that everyone is pissed about? I usually don't throw to the tight end, but I don't want to be accused of cheese if I do.

Can someone explain please? Are lobs illegal? :lol

Matrix

1 loss away from 30,whoooooooo 15-30 here I come...GO TEXANS!

Fifty

Slo said:
What's this jump pass shit that everyone is pissed about? I usually don't throw to the tight end, but I don't want to be accused of cheese if I do.

Nothing's illegal

Matrix

Slo said:

I think defense should be illegal!

I must be lucky cause despite what everyone is saying,no one here has played cheesy against me or done lob passes.I too would like to know whats illegal,FMT explains it one way and Fifty explains it to me another way *brain spasm*

Matrix

Anyone who has issues with the cone or doesnt want it for league play in season 2 is shit out of luck I think,I saw no options online to take off the cone in an unranked game >_<

Cloudy

Banned
I know you're all sick of hearing me cry about cone but this is my last comment on it :p

I'm pretty much forced to commit to one guy way too early and just hope I don't get picked off. Hell, that's probably safer than trying to switch to the better option and getting sacked for a 10 yd loss cos the only way you get enough time to pass is in PA or dropping back forever >_<

In every football game I've played till now, when I call a play I have 2 guys in mind. My main guy and the backup in case shit happens. Maybe I'm just not a good enough videogame player but in this game, 90% of the time, I can't switch to the other WR in time o_O

Anyone who has issues with the cone or doesnt want it for league play in season 2 is shit out of luck I think,I saw no options online to take off the cone in an unranked game >_<

I'm pretty sure you can adjust it in league play but it's crazy how EA won't let me play a random game online with no crappy cone -_-

Lonestar

Yay for Hasselback's Non Retarded Cone!

It's all about the short, quick pass routes. You can only wait so long for a play to develope.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I still don't think the high passes have been that much of an issue. Let's face it, a lot of the time the TE or the WR has position in front of, or ahead of the man defending him. Just because the pass comes in high and he makes the jumping catch doesn't mean he would not have made the catch anyway.

Whatever, at this point I'd probably be twice as effective without the cone than I am with it now, so whatever you guys decide is fine by me. But, I do want the resolution of this issue as passes to my TE constitute a large portion of the offense on my team, seeing as he is one of the two playmakers on the roster. I'm not a cheeseball, and I'd hate to be accused of being one.

Last night I completed a long pass to my TE on a streak PA pass. He had a man on his right, so if I threw it on his left side it would have been a completion. I threw it to his left and accidently threw it high, but he went up and got it, the defender was still out of position on his left side. Should I be called a cheeser for this? I vote no. :(

DJ_Tet

Banned
I still haven't seen, or know, how to differentiate from a long pass to a high pass. Is it soley dependant on the route? If I run a curl, and pass UP to send the curl deep, would that result in a high pass?

I've seen a handful, but I haven't been able to throw one consistantly. If it's going to be cheese, I need to know how to do it, so I won't do it (if that makes sense).

Cloudy

Banned
I was trying jumping passes to Rogers and Pollard against Matrix and they seem to work best on the up and out routes with man coverage.

I dunno if it's cheese but I lob it so the ball gets there before both players and go for it with the WR. I usually got a chunk of extra yards cos Matrix was so stunned by the catch he forgot to tackle :lol Not sure how well it'd work if he was doubling those guys though (that's what you get for doubling Williams :p)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If anyone gets good enough to consistantly throw high passes all game then we'll worry about it. It's gonna happen from time to time fellows, I push up with almost every pass out of habit. I still do it now and I haven't seen my WR catch a single jetpack catch yet. I'm not worried.

I'm more worried about keeping good blocking in so I can get some time to see the field.

Andokuky

Banned
Are rules written anywhere? I know anything really cheap is pretty much banned but I heard about stuff I wouldn't have thought of like manually blitzing with a LB or DB being banned. Anything else that isn't common sense?

the only "rule" so far is no manual blitzing with the cb's/lb's.

im debating on the TE issue but it's not all up to me. for instance, why should some scrub bears LB be able to deflect a pass to a superior eric johnson JUST because i lead him instead of throwing it high? shouldn't the defense pay for being out of position? the answer is yes, but anytime i have played the bucs/eagles/bears and i have my TE open by 5 yards, somehow the LB makes up ground to make the diving catch, whereas if i throw high he would catch it (as he should). so i dont know, like i said play some more games and let me know what you guys think

you can't take control of a linebacker or secondary player and rush the quarterback from the start of the play

p.s. dcx, your tournament opponent is online in XBL. i suggest you play!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can't take control of a linebacker or secondary player and rush the quarterback from the start of the play

p.s. dcx, your tournament opponent is online in XBL. i suggest you play!
After i eat my meal i will play my game, thx.

DCX

Matrix

DJ_Tet said:
edit: Move along ladies, nothing here.

I saw that,fmt is your mommy!

alright ladies, now that EA has fucked us over and said no online leagues until "the holiday season", we have to switch to plan B. i'm open to suggestions, but right now it appears that we're going to have to go with Leaguedaddy.com. it's $29.99 for a 3 month subscription with various features. i don't mind paying for it myself, but if a few people chipped in a couple bucks that would help (dont feel obligated though, its going to get paid for either way)

if anyone else has any ideas let me know. otherwise i will keep you updated with whats going to happen

Cloudy

Banned
I think you should set up a Paypal donation thingy and everyone would chip in. It would be like a few bucks per person...

Cloudy

Banned
It's $30 for 3 months (unlimited seasons) and EA's will be up after that. Would people really cry about < $1? (if we had 32 players). Plus maybe the "investment" would cause less deadbeats? :lol

Personally, I'm not against paying so just lemme know...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think the real problem is this:

Will everyone maintain their current levels of motivation and actually complete the season? Last year if someone didn't show up one week we just didn't give a crap and keep it moving, but only because we had so many devoted players. A 32 man league can't work. I am afraid. :(

well guys one thing that is 100% mandatory no compromise is that you would be required to write down your individual player stats in detail.

if this doesn't sit right with you perhaps you should stick to tournaments

Matrix

This sucks ass anyway you look at it :(

Cloudy

Banned
I remember being in the Segasearch.com NFL2K1 league. We wrote down stats and it was all done via boards/email (reporting game stats) and HTML (league stats/standings). Leaguedaddy shouldn't be a problem. At least you know the dialup won't crap out on you halfway through the game :lol

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
alright ladies, now that EA has fucked us over and said no online leagues until "the holiday season", we have to switch to plan B. i'm open to suggestions, but right now it appears that we're going to have to go with Leaguedaddy.com. it's $29.99 for a 3 month subscription with various features. i don't mind paying for it myself, but if a few people chipped in a couple bucks that would help (dont feel obligated though, its going to get paid for either way)

if anyone else has any ideas let me know. otherwise i will keep you updated with whats going to happen

link?

Matrix

Like Ck said this is not going to work at all with 32 teams,some people wont want to take the time to write down stats and you know we couldnt even complete the NCAA or MVP leagues.

In leaguedaddy do we have deadlines? Good thing about the EA league is the 3 day deadline.

Lonestar

Think I'd be up for this league possibility, and would chip in some if needed. $39 one time? Or each person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom