• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dude I have no idea why I did well against you and fucking slide protection doesnt work against fucking D-line spread,its such bs.DCX could spread his line all day and I would use hotblocking and slide protection and the amount of pressure the Falcons put on the Texans was unreal.

We lost connection,he was going to win,fucking EA servers.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Dude I have no idea why I did well against you and fucking slide protection doesnt work against fucking D-line spread,its such bs.DCX could spread his line all day and I would use hotblocking and slide protection and the amount of pressure the Falcons put on the Texans was unreal.

We lost connection,he was going to win,fucking EA servers.
I have lost sooooo many games becuase i lose connection to the DEVIl that is the EA Servers. I wouldn't have the record i have if it wasn't for that...gg Matrix...sorry about, what i guess could be called " Vick Cheese", I will try hard not to use him much if i play you again.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:

DCX

Yea for your td to make it 14-6,do you know how easy it is to line up in 5 wide and run around with Vick against the Texans? Its pretty damn easy even when I spy the Qb,hes too damn fast.

You most likely would have won even without the Vick td,cause I cant get a handle on this game,but shit I would love for Carr to have that speed :(

i have a sneaking suspicion spread d-line is going to be observed closer from now on, cause i am having a hell of a time blocking it w/ slide protection AND hot rout blocking combined :lol

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have a sneaking suspicion spread d-line is going to be observed closer from now on, cause i am having a hell of a time blocking it w/ slide protection AND hot rout blocking combined :lol

The Texans line cant stop it at all even combined too,I love how the word slide protection comes up when you do it,cocktease!

DCX

DCX
Does it do anything anyway? I use it when i think i might need, and i get pressured just as much and i don't see the O-Line doing anything different..

DCX

Matrix

As far as I know it does jackshit,but I'm using the Texans who have no O-line anyway,I wouldnt be able to tell :p

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
As far as I know it does jackshit,but I'm using the Texans who have no O-line anyway,I wouldnt be able to tell :p
FYI your RB is quick! The spins were killing me...

DCX

Matrix

Last year he was slow as hell,this year all I can do is run cause they upped his speed and made counters too hard to stop,thats mostly what I use.Last years Madden without the cone I tore up D's with my passing and I couldnt run worth a damn,its the complete opposite now.Worse change for me is the fact they made my O-line even worse than last year *sigh*

Andokuky

Banned
Sliding protection works for me. But it messes up if the defense adjusts, which is realistic I guess. Like say a guy slides his line right and blitzes with the RE after moving him even further right so the next play I slide my protection right. Well, maybe this time he still manually puts his guy way outside but doesn't slide the rest of his line. Well now he is blocked out but the 2 guys on the left can get in pretty easily. So now I just wait until the defense appears to be set before I adjust the protection and it works pretty good.

Finally finished a game online with a passing percentage over 50 just now.

:lol @ Fifty

He IMs me saying I have to IM him within 2 days or I'll be removed from the EA fantasy league for some odd reason. That was Sunday night I believe. He hasn't been on IM since. Someone is holding a grudge.

Matrix

Cerebral Palsy said:
:lol @ Fifty

He IMs me saying I have to IM him within 2 days or I'll be removed from the EA fantasy league for some odd reason. That was Sunday night I believe. He hasn't been on IM since. Someone is holding a grudge.

edit- I take that back I havent seen him on aim since Sunday but I havent logged on since then,but he does work and could be busy.

Why dont you just pm and ask him? Maybe he's holding a grudge cause you kept taking shots at the way he plays.Ive been beat like 20 something times by fifty this year and they all have been legit and last year we must have played over 100 times and he was 100% legit in those too.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:
My madden coach
b0400004.jpg

I'm as conservative as they come!

I dunno Fifty, we both have conservative coaches this year:

newt_gingrich.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AHHHH, I didn't make it back in time to read what was written. SPOILSPORTS, ALL of YOUS.

Matrix

I saw the drama!

What's sad is my drama this year is with the game itself,not an opponent :(

Fifty

Cerebral Palsy said:
NO DRAMA FOR YOUS

I pretty much insulted Fifty in every way possible, and then edited my post to look like the good guy.

Neither of our posts were that bad. We shouldn't have edited hem! I still hate you. I hate all of you douchebags. Stop looking at me that way. I'm serious!

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I told you all the cone was evil :(

You also thought Madden sucked last year when it didnt,the cone is evil,but I didnt need you to tell me that,the 100,000,000 ints I have thrown have shown me that :p

I really like '06. If Tiburon did nothing but fix the few problems for '07, and maybe make the passing cone controls less clunky, it could be the ultimate Madden. Of course that will never happen though.

Fifty

Or at least give us the freaking option of trying the game online (unranked, sure) without the passing cone, to see if we like it better. Not that I'm complaining that much...madden has been kind to me. Matrix, I still think you should use the Rams btw!

Matrix

Fifty said:
Or at least give us the freaking option of trying the game online (unranked, sure) without the passing cone, to see if we like it better. Not that I'm complaining that much...madden has been kind to me. Matrix, I still think you should use the Rams btw!

I'll think about,maybe I'll test them out against you in an unranked game.... for fun :p

I wouldnt even have that big an issue with the cone if my opponent couldnt see the damn thing.

Fifty

I don't see why that's such a bad thing. I'm the only person who plays CB...covering a WR before the throw, and I don't change that based on where the cone is. I just follow my guy. Now I understand people switching midplay and going for the INT after the throw can hurt us all, but I don't think that seeing the cone affects that. I think the cone makes everyone a much more traditional QB (staying in the pocket, doing quick reads and checks) but I'm not sure how much of an issue the D seeing it really is, since as I said, most damage is done by a quick player switch AFTER the throw.

Matrix

Thats because the cone is so hard to control when you have pressure on you,you end up throwing a shitty pass and get picked off too easy in this game.I only have one play that works againt you and thats a throw to the TE,tell me if something isnt up there.I'm not the greatest Madden player and never claimed to be,but can you actually honestly think that if their was no cone you would be picking me off 7 times a game,cause you never did that last year.Also I was able to throw against you last year cause hotblocking actually worked and I was able to stay in the pocket a little bit.

Fifty

I agree. I just meant that having the player see where the cone is isn't as much of a factor as the cone being there in the first place. I still understand how hard it can be to pass.

Matrix

Playing the Ravens is hell too cause Lewis is a beast,so I have to commit to the run and then your O-line rocks so you can fool me bad with PA passes....ugh waaaa :(

Its not just the Ravens,I dont know what the deal is,but you seem to always have to time get throws off...got a secret tip? I'm doing everything to give myself more time.I run like crazy hoping that might open up my passing game,but its worthless.

Lonestar

The only pass routes I don't like are the tricky ones (WR options), Stop&Go, Screens and outroutes. I've always had problems with those. Streaks are hard to hit this time around, but I can go with any post, curl, in&Outs, and In Routes.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I would like the cone a hell of alot more if we didnt have to hold that R trigger, I think that they might as well just make it a double tap to pass, press the button once to move the cone and the second time for the throw, it would make things a little easier.... I cant stand the pumpfakes that occur holding that damn r trigger.....

oh also EA and the fucking Vision cone has broke my Xbox game system, it powers on and all , but nothing shows up on my screen and the disc tray will not eject.. so i guess i have to get a new xbox...

PS the vision cone didnt do it, i just wanted to fit in with the cone bashing...

Matrix

Fiftys HB throws better than Carr :|

Fifty

Wrong! Jamal has not attempted a pass...Curtis Martin on the other hand, is 1-1 with a TD against you, Matrix ;)

Matrix

Fifty said:
Wrong! Jamal has not attempted a pass...Curtis Martin on the other hand, is 1-1 with a TD against you, Matrix ;)

oOPS,but you have done it twice to me,who was the other back?

Rorschach

The funny part is I'm doing better at passing with the cone this year than I did without the cone last year. :(
The only thing I hate is the black and white buttons. Fuck those buttons and thank heavens they will be done away with next gen.

Lonestar

GD White Black Buttons, Racially motivated CRAPBUTTONS. I blame them on my Loss to Ror last night. That and the pact Ror made with Satan.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
I don't see why that's such a bad thing. I'm the only person who plays CB...covering a WR before the throw, and I don't change that based on where the cone is. I just follow my guy. Now I understand people switching midplay and going for the INT after the throw can hurt us all, but I don't think that seeing the cone affects that. I think the cone makes everyone a much more traditional QB (staying in the pocket, doing quick reads and checks) but I'm not sure how much of an issue the D seeing it really is, since as I said, most damage is done by a quick player switch AFTER the throw.

I agree completely. I haven't gotten any INT's because I was watching the cone. I got them because I switched quickly and got a jump on the pass.
I have thrown a couple of INT's because someone else was watching the cone but that's my fault for just leaving it on one WR the whole play. It can definelty be used that way. But if you look off the pass you want then you are fine really.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Id be ok with that, the only ptoblem is that it seems like its the only way to stop someone in a goal line situation where they do a QB sneak everytime.

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
how many of you would have a problem with the defensive line spread being banned? i think it's cheesy as hell even with the slide protection

Not me! It's ridiculous how fast the DEs destroy my PA :lol

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
how many of you would have a problem with the defensive line spread being banned? i think it's cheesy as hell even with the slide protection

Ban it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom