• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was going to wait until the game was actually out, but this will give us a decent headstart and it can't hurt. this is probably going to be a long first post so please read carefully. first off, observe the following facts:

* Pick your teams here. If there is any conflict (i.e. 2 people want the same team) i will give it to the person who posted first in the interest thread, or to whoever posted first here, or if you want to man-up and play for it then be my guest!

* I know it goes without saying, but i have to say it anyways: This is a sim league, and it should be played as such. Don't be a douche and go for it on every 4th down or run any cheese plays (god knows what they are this year since most of us haven't played). Bottom line is have respect for your fellow GAF pals.

* Please have AIM. It makes everything so much easier as far as setting up games, getting into contact with people and staying in the loop. Please post your AIM nickname and try to be on at least periodically so your opponent knows what's going on

* The scheduling will is also to be determined,

I'm not sure how the schedules will work because EA is keeping quiet about their online league features. more news to come as it happens.

please post your AIM name, and the team that you want here. Remember, if you want to change your team once the game comes out (but before we start the season) that will be fine assuming no one else wants the team you want. Enjoy ladies!

i think i know which team most of you want, and who signed up first in the other threads. if i am wrong, please correct me, but just know that the people who were there last year and are hardcore fans are probably going to get their team.

1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. matrix - texans
4. ramirez - steelers
5. fifty - ravens
6. ck - giants
7. mrbob - bears
8. malleymal - chiefs
9. slo - vikings
10. truelize - falcons
11. dj demon - redskins
12. guileless - saints
13. dskillz - Jaguars (?)
14. coldblooded - Cardinals
15. lambtron - ?
16. andokuky - ?
17. gunstar - Eagles
18. newsguy - Dolphins
19. moose - ?
20. musashi - Lions (?)
21. dsal - ?
22. azyuma - Packers
23. cubanb - ?
24. konex - Broncos (?)
25. drey - ?
26. cerebral palsy - chargers
27. icedragon7 - panthers
28. dcx - bills
29. shadowredz - Raiders
30. rorscharch - ?
31. hgplayer1 - cowboys
32. lonestar - seachickens ?

Fifty

Ready to Rolle

16597391.jpg

re: aim name...If you're in the league, you'll have my name. I'm not posting it on the forums for everyone to see. Once things become clear, and you're in the league for sure, you'll have it.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Maybe you can give us some preseason odds on winning the Super Bowl just like the real NFL. :D Man, Aug. 9th can't get here soon enough.

AZ Greg

GAF - AZYUMA86
Gamertag - AZ Greg
AIM - YuMaGrEg1986
Team - Packers (If other two people don't play, or don' want the team) or Cardinals.

Slo

AZYUMA86 said:
GAF - AZYUMA86
Gamertag - AZ Greg
AIM - YuMaGrEg1986
Team - Packers (If other two people don't play, or don' want the team) or Cardinals.

Fuck you, cheesehead. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As mentioned above, I call my boys the GMEN. GO GIANTS.

I got something in store for you dudes. I won't say what it is, but I fully expect to do real well at least in season 1. :D

Slo

Wellington said:

I got something in store for you dudes. I won't say what it is, but I fully expect to do real well at least in season 1. :D

In that case, I'd like the honor to be the first of the season to call cheese. CHEESER!

Fifty

I hope you two get into an argument in the league thread once it starts. Nothing beats an argument between Kornheiser and Wilbon :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I hope you two get into an argument in the league thread once it starts. Nothing beats an argument between Kornheiser and Wilbon :p

:lol

I was just kidding by the way, I don't have anything in store for anyone. :(

I was hoping I could get a chopper from Battlefield 2 into the game somehow and mow your teams down. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I called Cards not packers. I know you dont want me to destroy your 49ers twice FMT but your gonna have to deal with that :)

AIM: TheColdOne33

Edit: Forgot gamertag

XBL: ColdBlooded33

Rorschach

If you guys decide to let me in, I think my team choice is obvious, but you guys just added #29! >:|

practically everyone had my aim, but I'll give it to the individuals (don't want to post it here yet)

r0rschach is my live handle

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Also, Icedragon7's internet has been out for a week and will be back on monday (fuck Sbc internet) So on behalf of him he wants either the raiders or panthers.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cerebral Palsy said:
I want the Chargers. They're the least dirty AFC West team. I'm taking the division. Malleymal am cry.

:lol

NFLF-Priest_Holmes_113003.jpg

030907kc-holmes.jpg

oh he's coming to mop the floor with you.....

Winslow_Nov20.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:

You must be going to go the FMT route and get an Action Replay.

Oh, and yes I am going with the Panthers.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
August 9th can't come soon enough. After playing a couple of games of NCAA I am very ready for Madden.

Aren't any of you worried that we have a game reviewer amongst us now. I bet he'll wind up having the game at the start of August and he'll have put like 50 games in.

Fear Wellie. :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Guess I can't play versus CK until he reviews the game. Don't want to damage the outcome.

"Pluses: Graphics and Control and John Madden's Bloomin Onions.
Minus: Needs a TV that won't implode upon kicking the ever-loving shit out of it."

EDIT: I also noticed I'm not on the BIG LIST, why not? Too afraid of my Kicking Krew???

Fifty

Yeah.......plus even if a miracle happened and we went from 12 reliable people to 32, it'd be a bitch to schedule. Whatever....it's there because FMT has to give everyone a chance as of now. We'll be back to 12-14 soon ;p

Who knows how many we'll end up with. At least I can count on Malleymal sticking around for the pain that is about to be unleashed upon him. And in the end that is all that really matters.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cerebral Palsy said:
Who knows how many we'll end up with. At least I can count on Malleymal sticking around for the pain that is about to be unleashed upon him. And in the end that is all that really matters.

:lol :lol :lol

a woman scorned....

this will be such a great season.... but you better not lose focus of the other season we have. I put you in my division for a reason boy......

Fifty

Cerebral Palsy said:

You weren't in the league last year were you? Either that or you quit after one season. Wasn't it because you hated the game? I remember Malley winning a superbowl ;p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
You weren't in the league last year were you? Either that or you quit after one season. Wasn't it because you hated the game? I remember Malley winning a superbowl ;p

Only because I half hearted played him. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ME, but I had something else to do.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Lonestar said:
Only because I half hearted played him. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ME, but I had something else to do.

Fifty is a smart man, listen to him CP for your own good.... and as for Lonestar I dont think you were on my radar that season, I blew through FMT, DM, and CK for that title...

Malleymal said:
Fifty is a smart man, listen to him CP for your own good.... and as for Lonestar I dont think you were on my radar that season, I blew through FMT, DM, and CK for that title...

Blah blah blah. Lets play NCAA. I need a division win.

DCX

DCX
I'm a Falcon fan, but alas i won't be using them this year...i guess i'll take the Bills if availible...or Jets.

AIM name: DreamcastKC

DCX

everyone who doesn't have a team up there, post who you want

and if you dont post in the next week or so im going to have to take your name off the list. no flakes can interrupt madden!

Rorschach

Bah this sucks...my team gets a superstar and I'm no longer able to choose it when before it was just me and Wasabi...and when Wasabi wasn't around it was just me.

Since I'm not teh hardkore enough for the Raiders, I'll take the Pats?

If they're not allowed, I'll take the chargers, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom