• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah and if anyone wants to give me a shout on AIM to talk football or play some mvp online my screen name is irish icon 22.

hey i've been reading this thread and i think i understand how this league works, but i don't understand how i can get in. is it only going to be a 12-16 person league where only the vets get in?

i want to play with the panthers (huge panthers fan, always play w/ them in madden no matter what) but i don't have ncaa 2005 or even madden 2004 anymore and i mostly post at the maddenmania boards, but i promise i'm dying to play in a solid league (madden mania ones are a joke).

i don't have aim but i've browsed these boards for about a year now so i'll be around....could you put me down for the panthers at least? i'll definitely play in whatever tournaments you guys set up at the beginning, i mean madden is the only game i play besides mvp baseball.

oh yeah and if anyone wants to give me a shout on AIM to talk football or play some mvp online my screen name is irish icon 22.

-_-

im not going to put anyone else down. it's not just "veterans" that will join the league, but here is what is going to happen with a lot of people (follow me here):

August 9th:

"Wow! Madden is out! I love madden! Whats this?? A GAF LEAGUE!? sweet! i'd love to join!"

August 15th:

"Sorry about not posting for a few days. I was chillin on my uncles yacht. Did i miss any games? Who do i play next?"

August 25th:

"I was on XBL but didn't see my opponent! huh? no i didn't post here but i looked for him on XBL!"

September 6th:

"Hey guys i have to leave the league. school is starting and i had to get a part time job. im really sorry, but it sounded so carefree and non-time consuming in august. adios :("
---------

so, we'll see once madden is out who we will let in

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Irish: We welcome all who want to play, but we are hardcore ballers. We went through four seasons and a few tournaments last year. We'll tolerate just about everything under the sun in the league as long as you A) Follow the rules and B) Play all your games. Nothing is worse than a division rival getting free wins and moving up in the standings because they play the guy who quit the league.

That said... you are more than welcome.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
Nothing is worse than a division rival getting free wins and moving up in the standings because they play the guy who quit the league.

Yeah, I remember THOSE occasions :/

i just downloaded it. i use msn messanger for work but thats it. i dont care, you dont have to put me on the list, i just want the panthers.

like i said, i'll be around and also playing w/ some friends from MM all year long. i don't really play anything else.

does the league have a dedicated website or is it all done through EA's site? I know last year it could be a little unreliable, and if people didn't show like Wellington said theyd get ties or free wins.

hgplayer1

damn Ive been playing 05 to kinda get back into the swing for the upcoming release so Im doing a franchise on all-madden and I gotta say its kinda retarded. just about any time I call a run play the d audibles into an all safties up all out blitz. Im still using the cowboys so some of the blocking problems are still there. I guess I should try a different team to see if the run blocking is any better. I cant seem to pass over the top of DBs and safties at all. was this a common problem for passing in general? also I think about 85% of my punts are kicks are going out of bounds. i hate the kicking game. it should be a little more forgiving considering how easily the CPU makes kicks.

Rorschach

Irish Icon said:
i just downloaded it. i use msn messanger for work but thats it. i dont care, you dont have to put me on the list, i just want the panthers.

like i said, i'll be around and also playing w/ some friends from MM all year long. i don't really play anything else.

does the league have a dedicated website or is it all done through EA's site? I know last year it could be a little unreliable, and if people didn't show like Wellington said theyd get ties or free wins.
No one would get free wins by mistake. The reason they would get free wins is because a few players decided to just stop playing. Whenever the games with those people were scheduled, the opponent would get the win by default. The game makes it a tie by default, but the league manager can change scores at any time, so wrongful scores were never a problem (which I don't think happened in the first place unless there was a disconnect in the game). We kept some stat spreadsheets on our own (thanks, Lone! ;b) in addition to the ones on the site and an end of the year wrapup. EA could change a lot of things for this year's madden, so it's not 100% clear how everything is going to be done yet.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ooh, thanks Ror, you reminded me, I have to reinstall Office back onto my computer! Now, to find the disk....

Slo

It's like an allstar team! Jesus just give me the trophy now!

201615.jpg

s012-WisconsinD-1104n-2.jpg

180824.jpg

sharper1209.jpg

patWilliams.jpg

5754.jpg

NHarrisOak_184x250.jpg

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

remember to be ready to participate in the 1st tournament the first week the game is out guys. if you can't make it to the tournament it will be hard to trust you for the league (except regs)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think I went something like 4-12 in season 1, explaining my suckitude. I step up when it counts though ladies! Everytime I make the playoffs I get to the superbowl!

I hope we have good seasons this year.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
id be down with doing a tourny the week madden comes out to show i can play. my computer decided to blow a power supply last week so i havent been on anything exept AIM with my phone. but ill be ready for any one come the 9th. im already pumped.

i took off work the same week that madden comes out, so I will be around for a bunch of games, so tournaments, leagues, whatever.... be ready to get tired of me.... whoopin yo ass...

everyone blames my dominance w/ ucla on drew (rb). well guess what? that was only the tip of the iceberg. i am going to run it right up your guys' ass w/ barlow and gore, just like i did last year. then what will you blame it on? :D

Ramirez

I would've had a few SBs if I didn't always have to play FMT to get there,I don't play good against him for whatever reason,heh.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I dont worry about FMT in Madden playoff games... i got him on lock... I turn his moochball into poochball when it counts...

Slo

Dear Dr. Mooch,

Let's say I've got a friend who's favorite team doesn't have a bonafied tailback or a genuine #1 receiver. The QB has little-girl hands, and the kicker is a cast off from Chicago. This team also has a problem with collapsing after week 8 and can't play when the temperature is below 65 degrees. Things look bleak. Would it be a bad strategy to more the 260 lb. QB to weak side linebacker and just offer to play defense for all 60 minutes?

Thank you for your time,

Slo

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dear Slo,

I think you and I both know that the game of football is 30% after the snap playmaking and 70% before the snap playcalling and adjustments at the LOS. You have seen teams far worse than yours go on long winning streaks and even win a championship or two based on clever playcalling and being able to read defenses at the LOS. By the same token, defense is even more dependent on positioning and playcalling than offense is, as you well know. I hope this helps friend.

Thanks for writing in,

-Dr. Mooch's Assistant, Dr. Cooch.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, are the RedSkins still available? I see a maybe next to the name and wanna know about an update for that...

Unlike guys that have school, i'll be in college but my schedule is very flexible so i will be very very realiable. So if there is room i would love to pick the redskins. thanks.

EDIT

Also, do you guys play by any certain rules? I use the FS in all my games, and people claim thats cheating...so please let me know.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Well, can i get an update for available teams?

I'd appreciate it.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
ok, im gonna roll wit the Cardinals...

Just to let you guys know...if you thought Ed Reed was a ball hawk...wait till you see me. :)

Adrien Wilson will be the tops in int's.

hgplayer1

so whats everybodys strategy to get madden ASAP this year? how much are you getting for NCAA? Im gonna try to go trade it in tomorrow.

gamestop will give you $30 towards madden if you trade in ncaa

gamerush will give you $35 for ncaa outright

gamerush has a trade any 2 games in, get any preorder for $29.99 (plus you get the credit for the trade-ins, basically you can add $10 per game you trade in to the value you already get)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt,whens this tourney begin? I'm not sure I can get my copy till wed or thurs.

im going to test it out exactly as if it were a league "week". 3 days to get signed in, then a 24 hour turnaround between rounds. that should test who is really up to the task!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
k, i was wondering about that too because i'm picking up my wife from her mother's house in philadelphia next monday and will be back on thursday, so i'll need that time to be able to sign in.

be easy

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
seriously , I want a couple tournaments before we start the season... we got a lot of interest... I want to see who the frauds are... I know you are out there.... Big Zep - Rep your set punk, why should i trust that you are going to give us a full season??? All jokes aside, I am not in the mood for Bog Flakes this time around...

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Malleymal said:
seriously , I want a couple tournaments before we start the season... we got a lot of interest... I want to see who the frauds are... I know you are out there.... Big Zep - Rep your set punk, why should i trust that you are going to give us a full season??? All jokes aside, I am not in the mood for Bog Flakes this time around...

I dont expect you guys to trust me yet...that would be dumb. Guess you'll have to see come aug 9th-whenever. Just to let you know, i rep philly/nj...Steelers Fan.

FuckTheEagles.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
My NCAA sold for 35 bucks,hooray :D

So did mine :)

I was tempted to take a poop on it before I traded it in.

Mrbob

Gamecrazy just sent me a Madden 06 coupon in the mail. Perhaps others will get it.

The coupon gives you another 20 percent bonus to your trade ins as long as it goes to Madden 06.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
BigZep said:
I dont expect you guys to trust me yet...that would be dumb. Guess you'll have to see come aug 9th-whenever. Just to let you know, i rep philly/nj...Steelers Fan.

FuckTheEagles.

Let him in, so I can crush him!!

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
I just want you guys to be ready for my onslaught...im going undefeated, and beating whatever chump won last year.

*doing this outta fun, but still the truth*

and i found the rules, and there not bad...im still gonna fuck everyone up, especially people who are eagles fans :)

Barnimal

Banned
"and i found the rules, and there not bad...im still gonna fuck everyone up, especially people who are eagles fans :)"/

Strong words for a junior member. EAGLES BIZNATCH!

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Eagles | Owens Brushes off Douglas
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:01:10 -0700

Ashley Fox, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens was kneeling away from the fray, quiet and alone at practice Tuesday, August 2, when DE Hugh Douglas approached him. Douglas essentially extended his hand to Owens. Owens hardly looked at Douglas as he got up and walked away, leaving the brushed-off Douglas less than happy. "I was just trying to be nice," Douglas said later, after LB Jeremiah Trotter calmed him down, told him to give Owens some time, and promised to talk to the disgruntled wide receiver. "He's in a situation where he's trying to get something done, so he's probably a little upset.

:) Good T.O keep it up.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
America truly is the land of the free. Our deals suck ass.

Try Blockbuster man. I'm checking there today. They give sweet trade-ins. I traded in MVP 2005 for $18 last week. That's pretty good for a 3 or 4 month old sports title.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
So if we've got vacation coming up in August should we bother signing on for this season? How long do the seasons usually last and how long of a vacation would be a problem?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigZep said:
I just want you guys to be ready for my onslaught...im going undefeated, and beating whatever chump won last year.

*doing this outta fun, but still the truth*

and i found the rules, and there not bad...im still gonna fuck everyone up, especially people who are eagles fans :)

I want the schedule gods to make my first season game against BigZep. Not only will I punk you, I will punk you with the Giants, one of the worst teams in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom