• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Holy Shit...I just noticed nobody has taken the Rams. If he can, may bigzep call dibs on them? With me behind the offense, they are gonna be unstoppable.

Slo

Remember, this is a sim league. That means Leonard "Jagermeister" Little must never run in a straight line without falling over, and following every game Mike Martz must hold a press conference to blame the loss on Chris Chandler.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Well, at least i'll have the best Saftey in the NFC West.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Im sorry, he is not better than Aneas Williams yet.

The Rams are dirty, and should be banned from our league.

Malleymal said:
and are you guys prepared for the revamed... new and IMPROVED! Gunther Factor??!!??!? i think not...

^^^ OH LOOK AT ME I GET THE CHIEFS IN SEASON 1. I'M SO SPECIAL BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Malley is a huge fraud. It's the truth. The power of the Gunther Factor will never allow itself to flourish while in the hands of such a despicable being.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
the way we cant co exist is Disgusting CP.... I dethroned FMT from his championship reign... I brought the Chiefs from the depths of hell from which you left them when you had control of them and brought them to the promised land... The numbers dont lie friend, and neither does this big fat rock that I have on my finger from season 3 BOY!!
ChiefsRingFixed.gif
The Gunther Factor ran wild like hulkamania last year and this year its only going to get worse!!!!, so what ya gonna do brother!!!!!

Moochball=being incredibly lucky >.>

"you get lucky all the time fmt!"

did you ever think it wasn't luck? when does luck become a trend? cause i have a trend of beating your ass, and it's not going to stop w/ madden 2006 :D

Holy Shit...I just noticed nobody has taken the Rams. If he can, may bigzep call dibs on them? With me behind the offense, they are gonna be unstoppable.

no one called dibs on the rams cause i didn't allow anyone else besides the base players to "join" the league. all in due time my friend... the tournament post is about to be made, and it wont be a fluff tournament either. there will be interesting things regarding season 1 team selections :D

p.s. if you keep referring to yourself in the first person, fmt will have to ban you from the league

Ramirez

Well,after reading Wellie's post in the IGN thread,looks like the Steelers will be running on that ass,ESPN style! :lol

after playing the steelers a few times i've concluded you're going to do the same thing with them that you did in madden 05 against me on the ground: absolutely nothing. truck sticks effectiveness was overhyped, it can't save you anymore.

but good news: moochball still works and i have already torn people up on the ground online... even the people who bring 2 safeties up in the box :D

Slo

Don't worry, there's plenty of newer and lesser skilled players in the league. There are a half dozen or so elite players, and then there's everybody else. You'll probably be able to be competitive against guys like me, but if you get stuck as the fouth guy in a division with FMT, DMCzaf, etc....you might as well quit now. :lol

P.S. The elitist dudes HATE to lose to average joes!

come on you guys know i have always been fair about the division layouts. there is no way i would put a new guy in a division that has 3 other awesome players. and also who's to say the new guy wont be awesome? look at what malleymal did his first season.

anyways, if we end up with 32 people then you guys will already know the division layouts :lol

DCX

DCX
Slo said:
Don't worry, there's plenty of newer and lesser skilled players in the league. There are a half dozen or so elite players, and then there's everybody else. You'll probably be able to be competitive against guys like me, but if you get stuck as the fouth guy in a division with FMT, DMCzaf, etc....you might as well quit now. :lol

P.S. The elitist dudes HATE to lose to average joes!
I just need to get some games in before the season starts...i just need to get a feel for the game...

DCX

AcePlace

Yo,

Hey there. Ive hung around these forums for quite a while, but never bothered to sign up. After seeing some leagues pop up from here my interest was peaked.
I would be interested in joining the league. I noticed right now you have no free positions, but if anyone proves incompetent, I'd be more than glad to take their spot. I have no preferance for any team, so I'll take whomever Im given.
I will be getting the game tommorow at midnight. In the meantime I'll get myself an aim account.
I'll post more info concerning myself once I have the game in hand.

--Mike

Slo

AcePlace said:
Yo,

Hey there. Ive hung around these forums for quite a while, but never bothered to sign up. After seeing some leagues pop up from here my interest was peaked.
I would be interested in joining the league. I noticed right now you have no free positions, but if anyone proves incompetent, I'd be more than glad to take their spot. I have no preferance for any team, so I'll take whomever Im given.
I will be getting the game tommorow at midnight. In the meantime I'll get myself an aim account.
I'll post more info concerning myself once I have the game in hand.

--Mike

You hear that all you whinning bastards? Go ahead and quit if you feel like you're getting cheesed. WE DON'T NEED YOU, WE'VE GOT SCABS!

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=58317&page=1

take a look ramirez. you lose!

ace there are spots open. read the first post in this http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=58203&page=1 thread. then post in that thread with the team you want to use for the tourney.

i can't stress it enough guys: i don't care what the reason is, if you don't play in that tournament you can't play in season 1. i am pretty skeptical about a 32 man league (which is what we're approaching) so if i come off as an asshole about it i apologize. but nothing can kill a game like quitters.

so if for ANY reason you think you will miss significant time in the league, please dont join. do a favor to your pals here @ ga and yourself.

as you are receiving your copies in the next few days, please pay close attention to the vision cone. i want input as far as whether you would prefer to have it on or off.

i would personally prefer to have it on, but im telling you guys right now you're going to have a hell of a time with it. i've played the game 2 days straight and i am still having difficulty. the learning curve is very steep (it CAN be done) and im afraid that a lot of people in the league wont put in the necessary practice time to be competitive with it. the last thing i want is 4 or 5 guys raping everyone in the league because they put a lot of time in w/ the vision cone and no one else can master it. but let me know!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont see how using the vision cone is hard. after playing 1 game at E3 i was pretty much set. i say use cone.

I dont see how using the vision cone is hard. after playing 1 game at E3 i was pretty much set. i say use cone.

wait until you see some of the defensive schemes people come up with against you online. its one thing to play the cpu or play some dude in an eb for 5 mins, but when the league starts there is no mercy... and i will be busting out all the tricks and schemes :D

CB3

Funny how your talking about kurt being a bad QB. I dont even have to say anything about the depth at QB for the niners. Your WR's cant even bail Alex out.

Ramirez said:
It would be pretty fucking lame if we didn't use the cone,it will actually take some skill to pass now *gasp*

Yeah, if you aren't using Brady, Manning, Favre etc.

I definitely think we should use the vision cone, but I have the feeling lesser QBs are going to be at a MAJOR disadvantage passing against the blitz. I want to believe you FMT. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I want to play with the vision cone first before i decide, I am sure that i wont care, but if this feature will put some people at a disadvantage I say turn it off so that the lesser qb's have a chance.... nothing is worse than whooping some ass to the point that its boring...

Ramirez

Why not just ban Manning/Favre/Brady?I'm pretty sure they are the only QBs that have the massive cone,maybe McNabb...

guys there SHOULD be a disadvantage to using the 49ers or the cardinals or whoever. it's not like it's IMPOSSIBLE to pass.

but please before you take a hard lined stance on the for or against passing cone, play with it and test it out for yourself

DJ_Tet

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys there SHOULD be a disadvantage to using the 49ers or the cardinals or whoever. it's not like it's IMPOSSIBLE to pass.

but please before you take a hard lined stance on the for or against passing cone, play with it and test it out for yourself

Exactly. Might as well turn team EQ on if we're banning the top five QBs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
IGN has all the cones.

Guess what about the cones? Size doesn't freakin' matter. Cone moves quickly enough with the 'snap-to' to negate any complaints.

Doesn't matter though, Eli will carve you fuckers up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

ck brings up a great point. guys understand this: no matter what passing system we use the lower rated QB's are going to be at a disadvantage. i'm not complaining that my meter is too small, i dont care about that. my qb's have small accuracy and no arm, that isn't going to improve for me without the cone :(

CB3

Wellington said:
IGN has all the cones.

Guess what about the cones? Size doesn't freakin' matter. Cone moves quickly enough with the 'snap-to' to negate any complaints.

Doesn't matter though, Eli will carve you fuckers up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

qb-vision-cones-20050719033520446-000.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

newsguy

It's dumb to ask this 4 hours before midnight launch, but is the field THAT dark? I love my football, but I'm a bit of a graphics whore as well, and I would hate for the cone to be the only point on the screen that actually has vivid colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom