• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just to be sure and just in case, My work schedule is from 3pm -11pm West Coast time Friday - Tuesday. Days off obviously Wednesday and Thursday. Will I still be able to participate in this league?
I still have the mornings and my days off to play.
So yeah let me know if I can or can't.
AIM - Babyboy818717

I want the schedule gods to make my first season game against BigZep. Not only will I punk you, I will punk you with the Giants, one of the worst teams in the game.

you wanted it you got it sister

So if we've got vacation coming up in August should we bother signing on for this season? How long do the seasons usually last and how long of a vacation would be a problem?

that i can't answer yet because i don't know when the EA official leagues will be available to us. they have kept quiet on the whole situation. if they are available in august, you should wait for season 2 cause you will need to be around to play.

Ok just to be sure and just in case, My work schedule is from 3pm -11pm West Coast time Friday - Tuesday. Days off obviously Wednesday and Thursday. Will I still be able to participate in this league?

that is iffy. i know i would be able to play my games against you, but others in the league may have a hard time. i could probably work around it schedule-wise, but i need some input from others in the league

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
iceDragon7 said:
I still have the mornings and my days off to play.
So yeah let me know if I can or can't.
AIM - Babyboy818717

No Problem with that. Ill enjoy running J.J down the throat of the Panther D.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Wellington said:
I want the schedule gods to make my first season game against BigZep. Not only will I punk you, I will punk you with the Giants, one of the worst teams in the game.

:)

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Wellington, you have no idea what your getting into. I mean, going against the Giants?!

I could beat them with the shitty 49er's. Im gonna hurt your madden self-esteem after our first game.

CB3

BigZep said:
Wellington, you have no idea what your getting into. I mean, going against the Giants?!

I could beat them with the shitty 49er's. Im gonna hurt your madden self-esteem after our first game.

Wow. I think im gonna have to take him on right after you Wellington. Pretty cocky but that just makes things more interesting :)

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
You're right man. :( What am I thinking, now I have to play you in the first game. :(

No need for the sarcasm boss... Im just gonna set an example by fuckin you up.

And dont worry, i have a communicator set (thanks to Circuit City's $10 Rainbow Six), so like what any other brotha would do, im gonna stay quiet during, and say good game after.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Im going to throw deep bombs on you all day with the Texans Bigzep...you will fear the long ball when I get done with you!

damn bigzep, you are setting a huge target on yourself. it's nice to be confident and enthusiastic, but even i don't talk THAT much shit, especially after not playing someone yet!

I could beat them with the shitty 49er's.

karma.jpg

it's coming friend... you'll see

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i want to play this big zep guy, but i dont want to hurt him so bad that he quits the league... Let me get him at the end

that's right zep, we play straight up.

no going for it on 4th down all the time, no double safety bluff blitz, no manual cb/lb blitzing, no spreading the DE off the line and manual blitzing, basically no garbage

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
I feel you on playing straight up....i do that with all EA games me and my boys play (MVP- using relievers not starting pitchers in the later innings, NBA Live.. well that shit is broken already).

I can tell i have you guys on your toes, because i havent played anyone yet, and im starting a buzz. And like i said before, i've read the rules and i absolutely agree with them. Only one i have a problem with is spreading out the D-lineman, but i can get passed that.

So guys, calm down, there is such a thing called confidence. I dont cheese at all, i dont go for 4th downs (unless needed). Who would feel better with themselves after they knew they cheated? Please give me more credit than that. Guess We'll see in a week.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Im sure you guys think im some jerk, but im actually chilled back (guess you'll hear that when we play)...i wont be talkin this shit during the games...not my style. Trust me, you guys are gonna respect me and the way i play by the time this is all over.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
D-Line spread is allowed this year. Slide protection gets rid of the problems it introduced.

Zep: Realize that a lot of us are extremely hardcore players. All well and good that you want to be competitive, but you won't see competition like this anywhere else. I used to think I was the best among my boys, but playing online with some of these guys was eye opening.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
So, if im using the FS (which i do 99% of the time on defense) can i blitz if the play calls for it?

there is no manual blitzing, whether the play calls for it or not. this is because the AI blocking is not set on "turbo" so you can pretty easily get past blockers without trouble

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is no manual blitzing, whether the play calls for it or not. this is because the AI blocking is not set on "turbo" so you can pretty easily get past blockers without trouble

Understood.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
is this guy a character??? junior member?? its your call guys.. I dont know, i feel this is bog playing a cruel joke..

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Character my ass.... I guess you'll be another victim of mine. You think this is some joke, but seriously, im gonna make you play the hardest you've ever had too.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
BigZep said:
Character my ass.... I guess you'll be another victim of mine. You think this is some joke, but seriously, im gonna make you play the hardest you've ever had too.

We can careless about losing to you, we are worried that once you start out 0-4 you will just quit and leave the league.

CB3

BigZep said:

YOUR GONNA MAKE US PLAY HARD? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fifty

Without drama the Madden league is just another online sports league! The drama is what makes the competition so intense ;)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
if you are half as good as you think you are, this could be a little bit of fun...

also FMT, make sure that this guy doesnt play any of the preseason playoff contenders late in teh season because nothing is worse than a tight playoff race ruined by one person getting a free win because BOGzep splits...

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Malleymal said:
if you are half as good as you think you are, this could be a little bit of fun...

also FMT, make sure that this guy doesnt play any of the preseason playoff contenders late in teh season because nothing is worse than a tight playoff race ruined by one person getting a free win because BOGzep splits...

...............I dont know if im reading the correctly...but it doesnt matter because you could'nt beat me on my worse day.

CB3

BigZep said:

...............I dont know if im reading the correctly...but it doesnt matter because you could'nt beat me on my worse day.

Im not sure why your trying to act all bad ass and intimidate everyone. Your a Unproven player just lke me. I think im good but im not going around saying how i kick ass. i may have been messing with FMT because i know he loves the 9ers and with me being the cards and in the same division i was just having a little fun. instead of making your self look hard your making yourself out to be an egotistical asshole and its just gonna be that more funny when you finish the season as 6-10

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
ColdBlooded33 said:
Im not sure why your trying to act all bad ass and intimidate everyone. Your a Unproven player just lke me. I think im good but im not going around saying how i kick ass. i may have been messing with FMT because i know he loves the 9ers and with me being the cards and in the same division i was just having a little fun. instead of making your self look hard your making yourself out to be an egotistical asshole and its just gonna be that more funny when you finish the season as 6-10

Too bad i already stated what you said when i was talkin to Wellington. Calm down kid, this is all fun. Re-read your post and see how defensive your sound. I'm not the one cursing, and calling people names.

Anyway, im done with this thread till next tuesday after my 2-a-day practices.

relax fellas it's all in good fun

bigzep you might be an awesome player, who knows, but there are 32 "awesome" players that are ready to play as well, and not everyone is going to make the playoffs. there is such a thin line between winning and losing amongst the top players here that it can at times be very discouraging when you look back at your season and ask what could have been. lots of close games between the top people. the great players are the players who will still play their games when they're 2-10 and have absolutely no shot at making the playoffs. those are the kind of people we want. and let me reiterate the following:

* You are going to lose games
* You are going to lose games under questionable (in your opinion) circumstances
* You will feel as though you have been cheesed
* You will call bullshit on a lot of stuff
* You will say to yourself "i'm never playing this fucking game again" on a weekly basis after losing
* If you win, people will accuse you of being dirty
* If you win consistently, you must be abusing a cheat or money play
* You will be out of the playoff race at the midway point in the season, thus you will be playing for pride (and of course season 2 draft seeding!)
* Your opponents defenders play incredibly, but yours suck
* Your opponents WR's catch everything, while your WR's drop everything
* Your offensive line doesn't block
* Your defensive line gets no pressure
* You are being picked apart by a superior passing offense

and so on. if you are prepared to deal with the above and not flake on us, then welcome to the league, but honestly ladies, keep all of the above in mind before you commit to the league.

also, on an unrelated note, im going to request that everyone please go through the tutorials on the madden disk before you start playing in the league. EA's instruction books are fucking garbage, but their tutorials on the vision cone as well as other stuff is great.

i'm not trying to be an asshole about it, but i like competitive games. playing 45-0 games is no fun for me. i understand if you just have a "domino effect" game where one thing goes wrong and everything comes tumbling down. but competitive games on a weekly basis would be great, and the only way to stay competitive is to know all the tools you have at your disposal and how to use them

Rorschach

BigZep said:
Too bad i already stated what you said when i was talkin to Wellington. Calm down kid, this is all fun. Re-read your post and see how defensive your sound. I'm not the one cursing, and calling people names.
Cursing? "Shitty 49ers" "Gonna fuck you up" - check

calling people names? "Kid" "Chump" "victim" - check

Just sayin' :p

don't come down too hard on bigzep, he is just psyched for the league. let your play do the talking...

as long as he's around to play the games and plays legit he can jibber jabber as much as he likes :D

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Rorschach said:
Cursing? "Shitty 49ers" "Gonna fuck you up" - check

calling people names? "Kid" "Chump" "victim" - check

Just sayin' :p

damn, looks like i gotta make 1 more post.

So your telling me that my post(s) (which i stated i was kidding) is the same as "ColdBlooded's"?

I guess I have to put a smilie after every post then.

But like i said, be easy, im here for the long haul.

Rorschach

BigZep said:
damn, looks like i gotta make 1 more post.

So your telling me that my post(s) (which i stated i was kidding) are the same as "ColdBlooded's"?

I guess I have to put a smilie after every post then.

But like i said, be easy, im here for the long haul.
When did I say they were the same? PS: I also think the 49ers suck.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Matrix said:
Im going to throw deep bombs on you all day with the Texans Bigzep...you will fear the long ball when I get done with you!

Yea, if your using the Texans than i might have a problem...not so worried about Gaffney, but that other speed demon from "TEH U". I would probably manually stick him the whole game.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
FrenchMovieTheme said:
relax fellas it's all in good fun

bigzep you might be an awesome player, who knows, but there are 32 "awesome" players that are ready to play as well, and not everyone is going to make the playoffs. there is such a thin line between winning and losing amongst the top players here that it can at times be very discouraging when you look back at your season and ask what could have been. lots of close games between the top people. the great players are the players who will still play their games when they're 2-10 and have absolutely no shot at making the playoffs. those are the kind of people we want. and let me reiterate the following:

also, on an unrelated note, im going to request that everyone please go through the tutorials on the madden disk before you start playing in the league. EA's instruction books are fucking garbage, but their tutorials on the vision cone as well as other stuff is great.

i'm not trying to be an asshole about it, but i like competitive games. playing 45-0 games is no fun for me. i understand if you just have a "domino effect" game where one thing goes wrong and everything comes tumbling down. but competitive games on a weekly basis would be great, and the only way to stay competitive is to know all the tools you have at your disposal and how to use them

Well, since i know you've been in the league..how bout you shoot me over some "player tendencies"? :) make my preperation a lot easier.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm hit and miss when it comes to down to it all. If I practice up, and find a playbook that I like, AND Alexander doesn't fall down from a strong breeze, I'll be just fine. I think.

Well, since i know you've been in the league..how bout you shoot me over some "player tendencies"? make my preperation a lot easier.

look up "moochball". if you can stop it you can beat me. the trick is that it can't be "stopped"!

I have FMT's number. I hate to do it Alex, but I gotta =/

why have you forsaken alex? all he wanted to do is win... and love

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigZep said:
Well, since i know you've been in the league..how bout you shoot me over some "player tendencies"? :) make my preperation a lot easier.

Well....

*opens Madden 2005 folder* :D

My biggest asset going into this year. :lol

I'll gladly give you my "How to lose to DM" strat.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Well....

*opens Madden 2005 folder* :D

My biggest asset going into this year. :lol

I'll gladly give you my "How to lose to DM" strat.

:lol :lol

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Damn...MovieFrenchTheme is that good? I knew what he meant when he said "moochball" earlier but i didnt know that shit would be so sucsessful in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom