• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rors im sorry dude :(

i asked shadow if he's interested in any other team besides the raiders and he said the eagles (which are already taken). we'll see what happens as the release approaches. i wish i could say if there is any contention amongst teams then you have to play for it, but then i'd have to play shadow for the 49ers and i can't risk not using them!

Rorschach

SIGH...maybe next time, then. I wish my interweb hadn't gone down the week that the sign ups happened. It just won't feel the same without black and silver.

here are the players who i know for a fact 100% sure are reliable and will play:

1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. matrix - texans
4. fifty - ravens
5. ck - giants
6. mrbob - bears
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. slo - vikings
9. truelize - falcons
10. guileless - saints
11. dskillz - Jaguars
12. gunstar - Eagles
13. newsguy - Dolphins
14. cerebral palsy - chargers
15. shadowredz - Raiders
16. rorscharch - ?
17. hgplayer1 - cowboys
18. lonestar - seachickens
------------

if you aren't on this list don't take offense, we just haven't seen you involved in any madden leagues, so how are we to know whether you're a malleymal (great player, dependable) or a bog (cornflake)? time will tell that

Giants road to the 2006 championship begins August 9th. Sorry friends, game over!

sp_49ers03.jpg

sorry ck, i can't let that happen.

I swear, I will not be a flake/quitter

its your funeral dude. the colts are cursed @ ga. even the best players are unable to win with them.

and if you flake or dont play your games or miss the majority of them i swear we'll run a successful NBA 2k6 league without you just to spite you

Cloudy

Banned
:lol

On second thoughts, I'll go with the Lions. Depth at QB and a STACKED at WR. Can you say trade options? :D

you wish! alex is the new steve young/joe montana/jgar rolled into one!

p.s. i will give you Rat or ken dorsey for jgar. thats all you get (hell take them both if you want)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ck if any of the Madden vets lose to Konex once,you better somehow make each one of us pay with a horrible tag.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
I'll be playing for real this year >_<

LOL you better practice a lot :p

Fifty

Cloudy said:

On second thoughts, I'll go with the Lions. Depth at QB and a STACKED at WR. Can you say trade options? :D

:( For a second I thought you were becoming a real sports fan and showing some home town spirit.

Matrix

Fifty said:
:( For a second I thought you were becoming a real sports fan and showing some home town spirit.

:lol You can never think that with Konex.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
"This is bullshit! I throw straight at LBs and at triple coverage deep and I get INTs! WTF IS THIS SHIT! Help me NFL2K!"

Matrix

Kotex said:
You got jokes :)

And you got banned...what else is new :lol

hgplayer1

hey how about we do a tournament or two as soon as possible before we actually start the league? maybe 8 people get together one night or afternoon and play the tourney out that day?

the plan wasn't for the league to start august 9th for a variety of reasons.

1. we dont know if EA will even have the leagues up at that time
2. even if they do, the odds that 12-32 people (however many we have) will sign into the league on day one are impossible
3. it will weed out the people who aren't serious about playing in the league. hey, if we never see you on AIM or on the boards guess what? you're not going to be in the league

and so on

infact a great idea would be to hold a tournament the week of maddens release, and those who "dont make it" to actually play in the tournament shouldn't be invited to the league, cause those are the type of time constraints you will have in league play.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
"18. lonestar - seachickens "

Must have made an impact last season, I'm the only one using a Parody Team this year!!! WOOOOO!

1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. matrix - texans
4. fifty - ravens
5. ck - giants
6. mrbob - bears
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. slo - vikings
9. truelize - falcons
10. guileless - saints
11. dskillz - Jaguars
12. gunstar - Eagles
13. newsguy - Dolphins
15. shadowredz - Redskins (maybe..)
16. rorscharch - Raiders (maybe..)
17. hgplayer1 - cowboys
19. ramirez - steelers
20. drey - colts

newsguy

So FMT, since NCAA was my first GAF league, I was wondering how the Madden league works. If EA has the leagues available from launch, will we have a structured schedule? Like I gotta play CK this week, Gstaff next week, etc. Or will it be like NCAA where we just play all of our games before a specific date?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, last season, the league produced by EA, had an actual scheduele, and a time allowed to play those games. You couldn't play ahead, you had to wait 2-3 days before going on to the next week. Makes the season pretty long.

Don't know how the new game will end up, if it's set up the same or not.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
newsguy said:
So FMT, since NCAA was my first GAF league, I was wondering how the Madden league works. If EA has the leagues available from launch, will we have a structured schedule? Like I gotta play CK this week, Gstaff next week, etc. Or will it be like NCAA where we just play all of our games before a specific date?

Yeah it will be structure through a page on EAsports and such. Stats are tracked, records and schedule is there. Last year we gave three days to get your game in.
3 days = 1 football week.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
w00t! 12 more days! as well 12 more days until i never touch ncaa 2006 again!

AZ Greg

I still want in as the Packers. I gave my AIM earlier in the thread if you wanted to contact me about anything. I'll be reliable :)

newsguy

Truelize said:
Yeah it will be structure through a page on EAsports and such. Stats are tracked, records and schedule is there. Last year we gave three days to get your game in.
3 days = 1 football week.

That's cool. 3 days is more than enough to get 1 game in.

Snookie

I'm interested in playing the Lions if no one has claimed them yet or people want to play for them.

AIM = OGMattK

Andokuky

Banned
I'm interested if there are spots open. I've been in many leagues since the days of NFL2K1 on DC. I'm not sure what teams are taken, there are a few lists in this thread with different teams and some qith question marks next to the names but anyways, if Denver is available I'd love to have them. If not anyone else is fine.

1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. matrix - texans
4. fifty - ravens
5. ck - giants
6. mrbob - bears
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. slo - vikings
9. truelize - falcons
10. guileless - saints
11. dskillz - Jaguars
12. gunstar - Eagles
13. newsguy - Dolphins
15. shadowredz - Redskins (maybe..)
16. rorscharch - Raiders (maybe..)
17. hgplayer1 - cowboys
19. ramirez - steelers
20. drey - colts

that is what i have so far. all of those players above i feel are legit players or that they have shown in the past that they can be reliable. i'm not going to add any people to the list until a few days after maddens release. like i said above, we'll get a quick tourney going, and the people who can make and play in a tournament on short notice are the kind of people we want in the league. dependable people who are around at least occassionally on AIM or on the boards.

we all have lives and jobs and school and whatever else, and if those things are too overwhelming for you to compete in an online videogame league no one is going to look down on you. but if you commit to the league and then flake out later you are likely a jackass

hey i've been reading this thread and i think i understand how this league works, but i don't understand how i can get in. is it only going to be a 12-16 person league where only the vets get in?

i want to play with the panthers (huge panthers fan, always play w/ them in madden no matter what) but i don't have ncaa 2005 or even madden 2004 anymore and i mostly post at the maddenmania boards, but i promise i'm dying to play in a solid league (madden mania ones are a joke).

i don't have aim but i've browsed these boards for about a year now so i'll be around....could you put me down for the panthers at least? i'll definitely play in whatever tournaments you guys set up at the beginning, i mean madden is the only game i play besides mvp baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom