• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
one payment (not per user)

the leaguedaddy version would be run exactly as EA's. if you go look @ the demo on their site you will see how this is accomplished (there is a set schedule, standings/stats/schedule pages etc)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
now that EA has fucked us over and said no online leagues until "the holiday season",

doh-1.jpg

wtf

yea leaguedaddy.com is serious..

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the leaguedaddy version would be run exactly as EA's. if you go look @ the demo on their site you will see how this is accomplished (there is a set schedule, standings/stats/schedule pages etc)

That looks good. Obviously the biggest hurdle EVERYONE would have to be on board with is manually entering in stats...Even after a tough loss. It's a fucking pain in the ass that EA sucks so much at getting leagues together. ESPN had a shitty game, but at least they did an A+ job with their league. Here we are in year 2 and EA is dropping the ball more than ever.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt,what about people *like me* that dont want to open up a paypall account for $1 ? :\

:lol I'll snail mail you the dollar if we do leaguedaddy.

i really dont give a crap about the money, it's not mandatory that you donate any. thirty bucks isn't going to put me out on the streets. what IS mandatory is that you report complete (and when i say complete, i mean 100% complete) game stats. i want people who have enough time and are dedicated enough to take the action necessary in that regard

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Oh Id have no problem doing that,I'll cry after losses when im typing my stats in,thats about it.

i assume i can enter the stats by team/game, and have the website place them in the correct spot. that is the info i need before i commit to the website. we'll know in the next few days

Matrix

hgplayer1 said:
um ok Ill ask again. where did you see that EA isnt doing leagues until the holidays?

Dm found the info,he posted it in the official madden thread thats stickied in the gaming-forum.You would have to ask him,maybe he got it from Ea's forums or Maddennation.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Dm found the info,he posted it in the official madden thread thats stickied in the gaming-forum.You would have to ask him,maybe he got it from Ea's forums or Maddennation.

Nathan (who works for EA Online, not the one who posts on GAF and works on Madden 360) posted it on EA's forum. I guess Tiburon is not working on the online leagues again, its EA's D-team :\

Ramirez

I really don't think I would be down to write down individual stats and stuff,it gets very lame after about two times of doing it :p People wouldn't do it last year,so what makes you think they will this year? :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ramirez said:
I really don't think I would be down to write down individual stats and stuff,it gets very lame after about two times of doing it :p People wouldn't do it last year,so what makes you think they will this year? :lol

Didn't you lose to True?

Ramirez

Im not really surprised I lost,I'm only like 6-6,it's pretty obvious no one is as good as they were last year,I gave up too many big plays,and instead of kicking the easy FG and sending it to OT,I chose to pass,threw a pick *shrug* :p

If we could remove the awful precision passing system then I assure you 99% of my problems would be resolved ;)

Matrix

If they got rid of the cone,fuck I might actually win a few against people or actually throw a ball for more than 5 yards.I feel like im restricted in playing fmt style of football.I also hate the fact that the other player online can see the cone.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
If they got rid of the cone,fuck I might actually win a few against people or actually throw a ball for more than 5 yards.I feel like im restricted in playing fmt style of football.I also hate the fact that the other player online can see the cone.

Nothing wrong with moochball*. Though I do agree that it is BS that the other player online can see the cone.

*Moochball has been my style of play anyway. :p

Lonestar

Haha, I thought the Tourny WAS the league (at this point, HOLIDAY R BUST)

TRUE, MATCHUP OF THE CENTURY , Our Rivalry is upon us ONCE AGAIN.

Ramirez

Fifty you play so conservatively it's hard for you not to win :lol You had me bored out of my mind in our game last night :p

Matrix

Wellington said:
Nothing wrong with moochball*. Though I do agree that it is BS that the other player online can see the cone.

*Moochball has been my style of play anyway. :p

Its not my style,I know it wins games for certain people but its not my thing :) The cone being seen by the other player just leads to far too many ints.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Moochball is all I have too really. At least this year I can usually get 2 or 3 yards even when I run right into a defender.
I find the cone kinda odd. When I'm playing defense I don't really see the point in chasing it. I'm still just trying to stay matched up to my assigned man. And when the ball is thrown I'm just trying to switch in time to react. I don't want to get faked out a ton with the cone so I just ignore it.
Same as it goes without saying that most people will not pass to the reciever the cone starts on. At least 8 out of 10 times I'm guessing. So it's keep pressure on the QB and try to stay near everyone. Which is just like last year.

Cloudy

Banned
Man, cone is total bs. What am I supposed to do when someone just camps in my vision cone and picks me off all day? And I thought it sucked before :(

Lonestar

I've had to learn, Unlock the WR before the play, let the cone in the middle, but remember you're primaries button and hold R.

Snap over to him and throw IMMEDIATLELELY.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Its not my style,I know it wins games for certain people but its not my thing :) The cone being seen by the other player just leads to far too many ints.

I agree. You are absolutely required to look off, which sucks when you already complain of not enough time to throw.

gg FMT, goddamn DDE again. :mad: Fucking shoddy Microsoft hardware.

I probably couldn't have come back to equalize/win from being down 6 anyway, I couldn't get any runs going, you manually controlled a lineman that seemed to move faster than Portis every time. ;(

Matrix

I cant stand the Texans,they have no o-line,I fumble too much and throw ints in my sleep,Carr is garbage in this game.

Im trying a new team for ths first time...Im getting sick of getting beat cause of my team and the f-ing cone.

Once someone ints,they have no speed to catch up :lol

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Matrix said:
I cant stand the Texans,they have no o-line,I fumble too much and throw ints in my sleep,Carr is garbage in this game.

Im trying a new team for ths first time...Im getting sick of getting beat cause of my team and the f-ing cone.

Once someone ints,they have no speed to catch up :lol

Go for it, we all know you are true Texans fan so it is no big deal.

DCX

DCX
GG Matrix. One of my best games i've played. I'm on a 3 games winning streak! Won't last, but i'm loving Madden again :p

DCX

Matrix

Count me out of leaguedaddy,I cant deal with the cone any longer right now and I feel it makes this game into one bs int fest.I'll play for sure once the real EA leagues come around,maybe by then I'll have mastered the cone,but as of now I cant stand playing the game,even when I do sometimes win I hate the way Ive won,ask Konex.

Maybe I just need a break,but anyone who was strong on D from last year has a huge ass advantage by being able to read off the cone.I simply cant beat Fifty this year,hes a great player,but he didnt destroy me every game in 05 and I had a many great throwing games against the Ravens and other teams last year.This year the cone makes it a joke of random luck when I do complete a pass or I magically for a moment have time in the pocket.I love getting my ass whopped by people who have never even picked up Madden before,its ironic that the one thing I did have an advantage in is now my greatest weakness :lol

i know its not gunstars fault but man am i sick of playing the eagles defense. somehow they can blitz CB's, safeties, lb's whatever, and still have everyone covered. and even if someone is open, somehow one of their players skies out of nowhere to get a pick or knockdown. their offense isn't very difficult to stop, but when you have to give up 10 points or less just to stay in the game that is a difficult thing to do

p.s. the line spread is still pretty cheesy even with the offensive line shifts :(

Gunstar77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i know its not gunstars fault but man am i sick of playing the eagles defense. somehow they can blitz CB's, safeties, lb's whatever, and still have everyone covered. and even if someone is open, somehow one of their players skies out of nowhere to get a pick or knockdown. their offense isn't very difficult to stop, but when you have to give up 10 points or less just to stay in the game that is a difficult thing to do

p.s. the line spread is still pretty cheesy even with the offensive line shifts :(

I hear you but Mr.Bob not only beat me but crushed me 37 to 0 with THE BEARS. On top of that ShadowRed has 2 victories against me with the Skins. Here is the only hint I will give you, the way you beat the Eagles in Madden is the way teams beat them in real life.

PS. Eagles eat scrambling QBs for lunch!

i understand i have to run the ball but jesus christ you would think with a team like the vikings i would have SOME time. i had even less time with the vikings than i did with the 49ers :lol

dont worry, when the league starts moochball will return...

Gunstar77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i understand i have to run the ball but jesus christ you would think with a team like the vikings i would have SOME time. i had even less time with the vikings than i did with the 49ers :lol

dont worry, when the league starts moochball will return...

Pocket Passers do better against the Eagles.

Why don't we just cut to the chase, Pats vs Eagles!

Matrix

I love when someone lines up in 5 wide and runs with Vick,so fun.Also when its 3rd and long and they need a first,its so fun.

:lol

matrix i dont know why you hate the texans so much. you did really well against me. unless you are a power passing team (vikings, chiefs, etc) you must run first and run often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom