• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG's Fifty,I really cant get a damn handle on the cone even after Fmt gave me that tip.I just am too slow to react to throwing the ball and that leads to me being sacked a ton cause I cant get the pass off.

Fifty

Were you using slide protection? Because of the fact that it's now stoppable, I was spreading my line on every obvious passing down (3rd and long). Make sure you're doing that.

Fifty said:
I'm sorry you don't know how to double recievers CP....but when I see Steve Smith in single coverage with no safety around (the one you were often controlling) and throw deep, that's not cheese. You didn't accept my mercy because you said you'll make me wait because of the cheese. If I saw you double him ONCE, and still I got those 3 long TDs, then maybe I'd be wary...but as it stands you're just a pissy loser

I doubled him a lot after the first bomb. Am I supposed to double him every single play? And big whoop that'll do. He blows away all of my DBs speed. And that last bomb Smith was in TRIPLE FUCKING COVERAGE. Don't give me that shit. That is the last time I play you outside of the league. I might be a pissy loser, but at least I don't resort to that bullshit.

If that kind of play is accepted in the league you can remove me now.

Rorschach

I think I'm finally getting used to the cone, but I would like to test it against live players. If you guys see me on, don't hesitate to challenge me. ;b

Fifty

Cerebral Palsy said:
I doubled him a lot after the first bomb. Am I supposed to double him every single play? And big whoop that'll do. He blows away all of my DBs speed. And that last bomb Smith was in TRIPLE FUCKING COVERAGE. Don't give me that shit. That is the last time I play you outside of the league. I might be a pissy loser, but at least I don't resort to that bullshit.

If that kind of play is accepted in the league you can remove me now.

That kind of play was a deep pass. You can remove yourself from the league now. Ask anyone I play if I rely on cheese plays to win. I used the Raiders early on and watched as every lob to Moss deep was stopped. It can and is often stopped. It wasn't even a jump ball (what some people complain about) whenever I saw you using the safety you were at least a couple steps behind Smith, and he never seemed to be bumped or doubled. I got 3 long bombs, if that's what it takes for you to snap then you'll deal with far worse fates during the course of the season.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
That kind of play was a deep pass. You can remove yourself from the league now. Ask anyone I play if I rely on cheese plays to win. It wasn't even a jump ball (what some people complain about) whenever I saw you using the safety you were at least a couple steps behind Smith, and he never seemed to be bumped or doubled. I got 3 long bombs, if that's what it takes for you to snap then you'll deal with far worse fates during the course of the season.
Yeah take me for example, and poor Cloudy :lol No man should ever lose how he lost...

DCX

Wolfram & Hart said:
Originally Posted by FrenchMovieTheme:
guys i know it can't always be controlled, but please dont throw high passes all day long. a few times here and there i understand, but if you are marching up and down the field pulling that crap that is unacceptable.

p.s. luckily no one i've played from the league does that a lot

Just for clarification, what's the difference between high and deep passes? For example, When I want to throw deep, I hold up on the L stick. Is that correct? How do you throw high?

? Anyone?

Fifty

I think it depends on the route. If I see someone breaking free on a streaks play, I'll tap up on the left stick as I pass and it will result in a pass ahead of him, while if I press the same thing on a slant to my TE it will result in a ball thrown slightly above him. That's not the official word, just what I've encountered.

Fifty said:
That kind of play was a deep pass. You can remove yourself from the league now. Ask anyone I play if I rely on cheese plays to win. I used the Raiders early on and watched as every lob to Moss deep was stopped. It can and is often stopped. It wasn't even a jump ball (what some people complain about) whenever I saw you using the safety you were at least a couple steps behind Smith, and he never seemed to be bumped or doubled. I got 3 long bombs, if that's what it takes for you to snap then you'll deal with far worse fates during the course of the season.

Like I said, FMT can remove me now If I have to put up with people throwing for 300 yards to one receiver because my DBs' speed doesn't match them.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Fifty, you never answered me :( you feel like playin another game?

Fifty

Cerebral Palsy said:
Like I said, FMT can remove me now If I have to put up with people throwing for 300 yards to one receiver because my DBs' speed doesn't match them.

It can be stopped. Malley has beat me many times when I've tried going deep, and FMT crushed me when I tried using Moss (fastest WR in the game) against his average cornerbacks. The catches might have been frustrating, but I'm not going to turn down a pass that I think can be completed. If we rule that there are unstoppable plays, of course I won't attempt them but I thought those (maybe not the last) were just good play calls. Anyway, while I don't want you to quit, it's true that you'll encouter worse losses in the league so it's probably best that you don't trouble yourself with that.

zep: Sorry....I'm about to go to sleep now, and I had just signed off xbl when I read your message....I'll cheese you later.

Fifty said:
Anyway, while I don't want you to quit, it's true that you'll encouter worse losses in the league so it's probably best that you don't trouble yourself with that.

Yeah, I'm just mad because I lost. That must be it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Were you using slide protection? Because of the fact that it's now stoppable, I was spreading my line on every obvious passing down (3rd and long). Make sure you're doing that.

I was using slide protection about 70% of the time.Its not just that,you have seen me just stand in place with Carr like im waiting to be sacked,its like I have a delay when pressing the button,I just cant get the ball out of my hands quick enough.

I mean at this point I feel I can run my O pretty well,except against you and the fluke glitch bizzare game I had with Mr.Booby,im really worried about my sorry ass D,time to practice that.

Edit- GG Gunstar,felt good to finally face you without the Eagles :p Seems the Bengals cant stop the run at all in this game,I feel for whoever has to use them in league play.

hgplayer1

drama already? nice :lol

i dont have a problem with the deep balls. i do think some defenses cover them more effectively than others so some people are gonna have a hard time stopping them but if you got a one on one go for it.

Ramirez

I swear the Steelers D has a bug that doesn't allow a cpu controlled player to INT a pass,I've EASILY dropped over 30 INTS in my 10 games played,I throw alot of picks because of stupid passes,but it gets annoying when I don't get the same benefit when the opposite person throws a pass right into my defender's chest -_-

And roofles@the drama :lol

Matrix

Ramirez said:
I swear the Steelers D has a bug that doesn't allow a cpu controlled player to INT a pass,I've EASILY dropped over 30 INTS in my 10 games played,I throw alot of picks because of stupid passes,but it gets annoying when I don't get the same benefit when the opposite person throws a pass right into my defender's chest -_-

And roofles@the drama :lol

:lol Well then the Texans have that bug too :(

Btw playing random people online is horrid,first two games the people quit on me,one guy quit after I went up 3-0 and int'd his pass,wtf.The third game I played the guy kept doing some onside kick bs glitch thing,so I quit on him,I never quit,but I'm done playing people outside this forum.I know people here say dont play,but when no one from here is on and you're bored you would think you could find some honest people to play >_<

guys, chill the F out. cp you're not going to be dropped from the league. you just had a bad game. i've been burnt like that many time amongst various receivers because i played bump 1 on 1 or left them one on one with a CB who was inferior. to protect against the deep pass just play off on him, but have the LOLB play that middle zone to protect against the slant.

you guys just had a bad game. relax, compose yourself and enjoy the game.

Silent Death

lemme get one or two licks
I'm not sure if I'm wanted here after the last post FMT made to me in the cone no cone thread, but anyways I would just like to let everyone know that I just played a guy who seemed to have found a pretty cheap glitch in the game. He would call a play, then when my D line would set up, he would I guess pull the triggers to get the screen pull out so I couldn't audible or move my D then snap the ball and throw a long pass. He got me 3 times with this always on 3 and short as I would set up for the run, then move a couple of him players to see if I was in zone or man, then the screen would pull out and I couldn't do anything until after the snap. I think the same glitch was in ESPN last year as well. The guys name was Ginobli(sp).

Matrix

I'm the only cheeser!

CP you need to get to know your Madden players,Fifty plays straight up and I say that even after he's whooped my ass atleast 10 times this year and plenty of times last year.

Btw I should be the one fighting with someone first,EA took my passing skillz away and now you two took away the first fight from me :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix: You haven't figured out the long ball for this game yet??? I've been praying to the EA gods for 6 months that they would take that away from you. Maybe it's worked. :D

Matrix

Truelize said:
Matrix: You haven't figured out the long ball for this game yet??? I've been praying to the EA gods for 6 months that they would take that away from you. Maybe it's worked. :D

90% of the time AJ is double teamed and the rest of my WR's are douches and drop balls.It all really boils down to the fact I suck arse with the cone despite hours of practice,also it seems that hotblocking wasnt working for me cause I was trying to use last years controller scheme like the manual said to....I was wondering why I was getting sacked so much and why I couldnt get my HB/TE to block when I wanted them too,cause EA typed up the wrong shit and I was too stupid to figure that out.You cant expect to pass long without decent protection which I havent gotten so far playing with the Texans.

I'm having a lot of issues dealing with the black and white buttons too using the cone,which is hurting my passing game,short and deep.

In the long run it doesnt matter,cause if I dont start playing better D it wont matter how good my O is.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Matrix said:
Edit- GG Gunstar,felt good to finally face you without the Eagles :p Seems the Bengals cant stop the run at all in this game,I feel for whoever has to use them in league play.

Trust me I be having trouble with that one run formation with Eagles too. I played some dude that use the Saints and he killed me with the same run. I must not being using the correct D.

newsguy

Matrix said:
I'm having a lot of issues dealing with the black and white buttons too using the cone,which is hurting my passing game,short and deep.

I'm the same way. With Feeley as my QB I have to throw in the flats, and the black and white buttons are so small I sometimes hit the wrong one. This is one reason I can't wait for the X360 contoller that has the black and white buttons on the triggers. It will literally shave seconds off the time it takes me to get rid of the ball.

Ramirez

I also can't figure out why everyone is making the top running team in the NFL look like creampuffs when I try to run >_<

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I gave up on the "S" controller Wednesday and moved back to the Duke. Much easier now. The Duke has it's bad points too though. Sometimes I wind up hitting more than one face button at a time.

I'm really looking forward to play with everyone for the next 9 months. I think once we all get the hang of it, this is gonna be a great game for GAF.

Matrix

They made the f-ing Texans worse in this game than last years version,fucking disgusting.Only thing they improved in is running,my CB's cant INT shit in this game,I drop point blank passes,I fumble like crazy,hotblocking and spreading does jack shit cause my O-line is pathetic and with having to fiddle around with the fucking cone all someone has to do is blitz me and im fucked because I cant throw screens quick enough cause my hands cant find the stupid black and white buttons.Double team AJ all game and no one else can catch the ball,but I do randomly catch one or two with my TE but thats about it.My team sucks at tackling even more this year than last,my team has no speed to catch anyone once someone breaks away,Carr is a pussy and runs like a girl....I <3 this team.

Gg's Fifty.

Fifty

Hey now....I never doubled AJ! ;) I know what you mean though. you had some very bad luck. You should either change your offense (I don't know how, just change it!) or switch to a new team...even if you don't switch, just trying a different offense might give you ideas. Oh, and I'm sorry you end up facing me....it's not exactly resulting in nice offensive numbers ;p

Matrix

I didnt say you doubled AJ all the time,I meant thats all someone has to do and ive played plenty of games now were people have done that,takes away my only guy that can catch the ball this year :\

I know shit is up with my team when the first game I play against you I fumble on the kickoff.

Fifty my aim seems to be down.

Matrix

Whoooo lost another game to some random guy,tied 20-20 I stop his drive in OT and he punts,I have plenty of room to run and I take off...first guy hits Moses and not with the hitstick,I fumble the ball and he picks up and kicks a FG for the win...WTF is this bs.

Matrix

The Texans O-line is pathetic,last year hotblocking for me worked and this year it doesnt,if this was league play with injury on Carr would be on life support.

welcome to my world matrix :(

when i was playing w/ the vikes earlier today i said to myself wait a minute... i have... time to throw? wtf... this isn't the madden 2006 i know!

seriously though it is tough to win with sub-par teams this year. i'm not using it as an excuse cause i will still dominate the fuck out of the league, but it is definitely more challenging

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Mr. Bob has 50 sacks in 10 games and uses the Bears,I find that disgusting. :p

Yea I think atleast 20 of those sacks were in the one game I played against him :p

Fmt,ive been tempted to try out a new team just to see whats its like to have time in the pocket,but Im so f-ing hard headed and loyal to the Texans.

Gunstar77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
welcome to my world matrix :(

when i was playing w/ the vikes earlier today i said to myself wait a minute... i have... time to throw? wtf... this isn't the madden 2006 i know!

seriously though it is tough to win with sub-par teams this year. i'm not using it as an excuse cause i will still dominate the fuck out of the league, but it is definitely more challenging

We could break the leagues into 2 leagues that way no one will have to use the really bad teams. At the end the 2 winners of their leagues plays each other for the Super Bowl.

Gunstar77

Matrix said:
Fmt,ive been tempted to try out a new team just to see whats its like to have time in the pocket,but Im so f-ing hard headed and loyal to the Texans.

I can respect that you are loyal to your team but trust me when Texans become a great team you will not want to use them then either because everyone complains that they are too good. So you see, you never get to be happy unless your team is just average.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Gunstar77 said:
I can respect that you are loyal to your team but trust me when Texans become a great team you will not want to use them then either because everyone complains that they are too good. So you see, you never get to be happy unless your team is just average.

Yup, i dont really use the eagles anymore because people complain their too good.

Matrix

Gunstar77 said:

Oh I agree 100% with you on that,Id hate if my team was ranked high cause I would feel I had a huge advantage from the start.What I dont get is why the Texans are worse off this year in the game than last year,they improved last season yet in this years version they have chosen to downgrade them,even though they're higher rated than in 05.You wouldnt believe how many kickoff/punt return fumbles I have had for no reason,I have no blocking at all this year when the Texans have actually somewhat improved their O-line in real life.Last year I could catch the ball with more than just AJ,this year if I catch a pass with someone else its complete and utter luck.I have more issues when a developer takes a team that is better in real life and for some unexplained reason makes them worse in the game the following year.

I dont really have an issue if someone is using a great team,I look for the upset in those games,I just dont like having my team who was already average/below average screwed over cause EA decided to make it harder for these teams to compete.What happened to the old saying " any given sunday anyone can win?"

Id also like to point out that the 3-4 D in this game is crap and counters work too well.

matrix do you have a mic? i think i can help you out

p.s. matrix choose the "general" defensive playbook. it gives you 3-4 and 4-3 and all the rest of the sets also

Matrix

Nah no mic,I have the old busted one still and its beyond help.Ive been buying too many other things lately and been buying my baby nephew stuff so I havent wanted to spend the cash on a mic that will breakdown on me in the long run and with 360 coming out so soon...Ive felt no need.

"matrix choose the "general" defensive playbook"

Ill try that my next game,thx.

Matrix

Fmt,I saw no choice for general D playbook :\

Also I love how everytime I catch a ball,atleast 85% of the time I get it knocked right out as soon as I catch it.

I cant take much more of this game.

guys i am hearing/seeing more and more of the BS high pass. i'm not saying it's always on purpose, but i see a lot of it in desperate situations (3rd downs, long yardage as well) and that can't be coincedental. i've done it myself a few times so i know it's not always on purpose, but if this becomes a major issue (and as much as i like the vision cone) we're going to have to go back to the old style of madden without the cone.

let me know what you guys think about this. it's one thing if it happens a few times a game, but when i see no name TE's with 6+ catches and over 100 yards because of the jump pass then i know something is wrong.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i am hearing/seeing more and more of the BS high pass. i'm not saying it's always on purpose, but i see a lot of it in desperate situations (3rd downs, long yardage as well) and that can't be coincedental. i've done it myself a few times so i know it's not always on purpose, but if this becomes a major issue (and as much as i like the vision cone) we're going to have to go back to the old style of madden without the cone.

let me know what you guys think about this. it's one thing if it happens a few times a game, but when i see no name TE's with 6+ catches and over 100 yards because of the jump pass then i know something is wrong.

Wow, i wish it would even happen to me by accident. No one on the cards seem to get open very much besides my TE, but i usually only gun it to him on little 5-10 yard plays. I say keep the cone on even though i now id do better without it.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm probably biased but I think the cone is unfair to us new Madden players who are just learning the game mechanics. I can barely pass w/o the cone but I gotta adjust to the game with it? It just feels like I can only pass in PA or by dropping back 15 yards :lol

I can't speak on the passing BS yet (cos I'm still geting raped on legit plays :lol) but what the hell is the point of even trying to return punts or kickoffs in the game when you're gonna fumble 65% of the time? Is there a way to turn fumbles down, cos it's outta control IMO -_-

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I dont even know how to do that pass,but get rid of the stupid cone.Ram and I just played,I threw 7 ints and he threw 4...wtf is this bs.Both of us never did shit like that last year,he whooped my butt *what else is new* but 11 ints all together :\ Its eaiser to int the ball then to catch it with a WR.

i like the vision cone but what im afraid of is ill be playing the chiefs or ravens or giants or WHOEVER with a good tightend and getting it lobbed on me all day. there is literally no defense for this (except maybe hitting the receiver and having him drop it, not even a triple team)

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
I'm probably biased but I think the cone is unfair to us new Madden players who are just learning the game mechanics. I can barely pass w/o the cone but I gotta adjust to the game with it? It just feels like I can only pass in PA or by dropping back 15 yards :lol

I can't speak on the passing BS yet (cos I'm still geting raped on legit plays :lol) but what the hell is the point of even trying to return punts or kickoffs in the game when you're gonna fumble 65% of the time? Is there a way to turn fumbles down, cos it's outta control IMO -_-

You suck with or without the cone, so stop your bitching!

And the only time ive seen fumbles during returns is when someone is dumb enough to try to return with guys right in their face. I'm not calling YOU dumb, but I'm just saying!

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:

Yeah being new to the Madden style of gameplay it really makes it hard not only to learn the game but to deal with the cone that kinda frustrates vets also.

DCX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom