• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys lets try NOT using the spread line D-line move and see what we get. i tried it out in practice mode and i think the success rate with it is way too high to condone using it

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Ok........I'll stop using it. Matrix, you're safe from Suggs, at least partially. No spread from 50.

I'll still get my ass kicked,but thanks :)

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Is this a sim league or what? People, sacks are a part of the NFL! When a defense has another team in 3rd and long they almost always spread the line more then they would on 1st or 2nd down! This is not a game of catch in the backyard! The problem is too many people don't know how to play offense correctly. You don't just drop back and wait for someone to get open, you have to look at the defense determine the best match up for you and trust the design of the play. There for you might have to throw to WR that might not be wide open. As far as the Eagles go, I official am done with the Eagles, I am currently trying a few teams to replace them. But even with the Eagles and the line spread, I only average 3 sacks a game, check my stats I ain't making this crap up. You guys complain about the Eagles D-Line all day but I average the 3 sacks for and 3 sacks against per game, see for yourself.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Gunstar77 is a good player, and I have had no problems playing him with the eagles... I say stick with them young gunna, when i get back online we can go at it again...

btw

my xbox died... need to get a new one... may get one tomorrow....

Is this a sim league or what? People, sacks are a part of the NFL! When a defense has another team in 3rd and long they almost always spread the line more then they would on 1st or 2nd down! This is not a game of catch in the backyard! The problem is too many people don't know how to play offense correctly. You don't just drop back and wait for someone to get open, you have to look at the defense determine the best match up for you and trust the design of the play. There for you might have to throw to WR that might not be wide open. As far as the Eagles go, I official am done with the Eagles, I am currently trying a few teams to replace them. But even with the Eagles and the line spread, I only average 3 sacks a game, check my stats I ain't making this crap up. You guys complain about the Eagles D-Line all day but I average the 3 sacks for and 3 sacks against per game, see for yourself.

this is a sim league, and you can get plenty of pressure on the QB w/o spreading the line. go test it out in practice mode, it is a bitch to stop. it's not all about the final numbers. you or whoever else may only average 3 sacks a game, but how many qb pressures? most of the damage from the spread line + all out blitz doesn't come from getting sacked, it comes from getting hit and throwing picks or missing an open man because you literally have 1 second to throw the ball. and i agree you should have to sit back and read the defense, but it isn't easy when the DE is coming around the corner at a hundred miles an hour because the te + RT can't block him for some reason.

don't quit as the eagles, that is your team dude. you have to expect people to be mad when they lose. i remember when i had T.O. on my team.... how dm would bitch... never forget my game winner with Jgar injured on the last play, 80 yard TD with no time left dm! NEVER FORGET!!!!!!!

Gunstar77

I am not concerned about getting pressure with the spread, more like containing scrambling QBs. You take away Spread line then any scrambling QB can get to the outside.

No more Eagles, thats final.

Gunstar77

Well I played my 1st night without my Eagles. The Rams are my new Madden team since they have a pass 1st and run 2nd gameplan. I went 1-1 losing to DM the 1st game and beat FMT in the 2nd game. In FMT's game I played the no spread rule as well, I can live with it for now.

Fifty

So basically you're not using the Eagles because they're too good? That's nice of you, and I'm not being sarcastic. Anyway, I like the Rams this year. I'm telling Matrix to try them out. Amazing passing game, two good RBs (at least in the game. Faulk isn't that close to Jackson in real life). Their D sucks but at least they have Leonard Little who always is in the (drunk) driver's seat.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
how many of you would have a problem with the defensive line spread being banned? i think it's cheesy as hell even with the slide protection

Yeah I'm fine with that. I don't use it much anyways. I don't seem to get much pressure without it though.
We'll see though. If it gets to the point where teams can just sit back there and take their time then I'm putting my vote to have it allowed. That happened quite a bit in 2005 and you really don't see that crap in real life much at all. If the pocket can stay put for 5 seconds a QB is laughing, but I've had it last longer than that several times in one game. So we'll see.

Gunstar can't use a different team. He's the Eagles. 4ever. Seems like he has 8 CB's out there blitzing ya all at once sometimes, but he's still gotta be the Eagles. :D

I agree with Gunstar--the d-line spread is not about blitzing, it's about QB pressure (in the form of containing scrambling). If you see me spread the d-line, 1) use slide protection, 2a) adjust your routes to anticipate a greater than normal pass rush or 2b) change your run to the inside to take advantage of the new line gap and 3) be prepared to scramble straight forward through the spread d-line(FMT did this to me well to counter my spread once or twice).

I'd like the d-line spread allowed, because I think it's no different than double/triple covering a receiver or anything else--you just have to adjust to it. More importantly, spreading the d-line isn't guaranteed pressure or a guaranteed sack--I've had my DEs knocked on their ass many times attempting a spread.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just use the Eagles, Gunstar. You can be sure as shit that when the Giants win the superbowl this year and get a huge boost in ratings that I will still use them next year. Fuck all the whiners. What's your reason for not using them, by the way? I hope you realize that the Carolina Panthers have a better defensive line, and that the Baltimore Ravens have a better overall defense than the Eagles in game. Is it TO? Randy Moss is far more dangerous in game than TO.

Personally, I do get tired of using the GMen sometimes, but it's a challenging team to use which is half the fun.

If it gets to the point where teams can just sit back there and take their time then I'm putting my vote to have it allowed. That happened quite a bit in 2005 and you really don't see that crap in real life much at all. If the pocket can stay put for 5 seconds a QB is laughing, but I've had it last longer than that several times in one game. So we'll see.

You're... using Michael Vick.

) change your run to the inside to take advantage of the new line gap

You're assuming we have audibles set to run up the middle. Would be much easier if we could just playmaker a run up the middle.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I say leave DSpread in. Not like I can get much pass rush in anyway. My defense has taken a big hit since last season, only adequate pass rusher I have is Winstrom, and I think he's been downgraded.

Only thing I have to work with is my DB's, Sharper, and my Mitts...I mean my Wits.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
You're... using Michael Vick.

I'm talking about the other teams pocket staying open for that long. We all know that Vick would be long gone at that point. :D

I too wish I had playmaker control back sometimes. Ah the good old days.

Cloudy

Banned
I am actually able to complete near 50% of my passes w/o the cone. Sacks and INTs are at normal levels too. The game is actually a bit fun now :eek:

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
I am actually able to complete near 50% of my passes w/o the cone. Sacks and INTs are at normal levels too. The game is actually a bit fun now :eek:

Against the cpu? :lol That doesnt count,I can pass all day with the cone on against the cpu.

Btw I cant stand random fuckers,Ive now quit two games cause douches pick better teams against my Texans which I dont really care about cause I can back out,but they still feel the need to manually move a linebacker off the line and come blitzing in,its such horse shit and I dont want to play a Madden game with cheap fucks.Let them play the fucking cpu,a-holes that only care about ranked wins instead of playing a realistic game of football can go straight to hell.

I swear people play this way cause they know legit people will get fed up and quit so they can play the computer and get their easy win,serves me right for playing random people.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Save your energy for games that matter against GA folk :D

Yea,but I usually only play random people when im bored and no one else is on.I have plenty of energy saved up to lose to GA folks :lol I just would think every once and awhile I could get a legit game against someone that isnt from GA.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Yea,but I usually only play random people when im bored and no one else is on.I have plenty of energy saved up to lose to GA folks :lol I just would think every once and awhile I could get a legit game against someone that isnt from GA.
Yeah i agree, i had a couple of decent well played games against people who wasn't GAF, although you can tell right off the bat how the game is going to go...and man, i hate to quit, but sometimes it's just isn't fun..

DCX

Ramirez

I would like to know why EA dicked Ben with his running speed,he showed countless times last year that he could run and manuever(sp?) his way around the pocket very well,but yet he still moves like Peyton Manning in the game -_-

Matrix

Ramirez said:
I would like to know why EA dicked Ben with his running speed,he showed countless times last year that he could run and manuever(sp?) his way around the pocket very well,but yet he still moves like Peyton Manning in the game -_-

They did the samething to Carr and hes one of the AFC'S best running QB's >_<

Matrix

Fifty,you have to be manually catching some of the deep throws you make,not the PA fake ones,but I saw once some speed burst shit on one of the WR's that got a long td pass *or maybe I'm seeing things*.Ive had plenty of single coverage long throws in games against other people and the only way you can complete them is if you take control of the WR to gain some speed,because the cpu will knock shit down all the time,even when I'm against single coverage.Its the main reason why my long game is gone,the cpu couldnt knock down shit last year on bombs and they do this year.I know I wasnt bumping that game,are my CB's that retarded,cause that might be it? :\ Also Holmes and screens are the devil.

Other than that GG I guess,Carr getting knocked out of games for me happens every other game now,they made him such a pussy.

Its also truly amazing how one minute I can pass so easily in this game and then the next I look like a complete spaz,I either throw an int or get sacked.

Fifty

I have never once this year (2006) taken control of a WR or TE to make a catch. I don't know what you saw but I swear I didn't do that. How long have you been manually moving the vision cone? It looked a bit frantic out there? I made sure not to spread my line either. I also noticed you rolled to the right almost every passing play, why was that?

There was only really one deep pass to a WR I made, and it was because you were controlling the safety and he wasn't covering the top, so I just threw it up and the pass was completed. Most of Tony's catches were in mismatches or just wide open.

edit: Screens are the devil? What do you mean? I didn't run a single screen that game ;o

Matrix

Fifty said:
I have never once this year (2006) taken control of a WR or TE to make a catch. I don't know what you saw but I swear I didn't do that. How long have you been manually moving the vision cone? It looked a bit frantic out there? I made sure not to spread my line either. I also noticed you rolled to the right almost every passing play, why was that?

There was only really one deep pass to a WR I made, and it was because you were controlling the safety and he wasn't covering my guy, so I just threw it up and the pass was completed. Most of Tony's catches were in mismatches or just wide open.

Well my Cbs are complete idiots then :( I just started manually moving it since Ram said I didnt move it much,so I guess a couple of days.I'm still trying to get used to it,when I would just pick my WR/TE/HB and have my mind 100% made up to who I was throwing to,I would get picked off like 5 or 6 times a game,atleast you only got me once and it was a stupid throw in traffic.I honestly have no idea why I rolled right so much,maybe I guess I just feel like the right side of my O-line gives me a little bit more time to get passes off :\

The only way Tony was getting wideopen was I was committing to the run early on cause of Holmes who I couldnt stop and the PA pass kept killing me,its damn automatic to good TE's.Towards the end of the game and I knew I lost,I just started picking any D out of annoyed frustration,sorry.

some random findings and notes guys:

1. EVERYONE NEEDS TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION! if you dont respond to this question, i will assume you aren't reading this thread, and therefore i will assume you have no interest in playing in our league. Answer the following:

a.) will you report game stats for your team?
b.) will you report individual player stats in detail?
c.) will you report your opponents stats if needed (player and game)?
d.) would you be more interested in writing down the stats (or typing them on the computer, whatever), or would you be more interested in the following: i setup a schedule, and each week i make "spawn games" accessible in my locker for everymatchup. for instance, if the broncos are playing the raiders, i create a spawn franchise game in week 1 of a franchise where the broncos play the raiders. you download it from me. you play your game. you upload the NEW post-game franchise record to your locker. i download that, thereby excusing you from writing down stats because i have all i need right there.

2. guys, i just figured this out a few days ago. if you want better pass protection, wait for your center to point out the blitz pickups. try it out in practice and see for yourself. i had my doubts on whether this was just a meaningless animation or gave your o-line a boost, well call me fucking crazy but it sure as hell does give your o-line a boost. to accomplish this, simply wait until the playclock hits about 15 seconds, you will notice your center point across at the defense. after this hike the ball. you will see you receive superior protection. try it out for yourself and let me know how it works out

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:

1. EVERYONE NEEDS TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION! if you dont respond to this question, i will assume you aren't reading this thread, and therefore i will assume you have no interest in playing in our league. Answer the following:

a) yes
b) yes
c) I'd rather not, but if it was a rare situation I suppose I could
d) I'll write it down...unless this is much easier for all parties. It just seems like more work for you as is

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
d.) would you be more interested in writing down the stats (or typing them on the computer, whatever), or would you be more interested in the following: i setup a schedule, and each week i make "spawn games" accessible in my locker for everymatchup. for instance, if the broncos are playing the raiders, i create a spawn franchise game in week 1 of a franchise where the broncos play the raiders. you download it from me. you play your game. you upload the NEW post-game franchise record to your locker. i download that, thereby excusing you from writing down stats because i have all i need right there.
a) yes
b) yes
c) I guess if I have to.
d) that sounds cool, but I don't know if we can make it work and wouldn't that be a hell of a lot of work for you?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:

1.Yes
2.Yes
3. if it only happened every once in a while

DCX

DCX
Yes to all, and good point on the extra proctection thing i will try that out soon and report.

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
a.) will you report game stats for your team? Yep
b.) will you report individual player stats in detail? Yep
c.) will you report your opponents stats if needed (player and game)? I'd hope they could do it themselves
d.) would you be more interested in writing down the stats (or typing them on the computer, whatever) There's no option for both players to enter stats on leaguedaddy? If not, I'd rather just type em out

PS: How detailed are leaguedaddy stats?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:

a. Yes
b. Yes if I have to. Is there anyway someone could do up a spreadsheet that I could either print out or just fill in and email it to FMT?
c. Sure if I have to.
d. I'll write them down unless this other method actually works and is easier for everyone.

yes there is konex. i can make anyone a "mod" on the site, where you can then enter numbers for any teams. but i am hesitant about having each individual player enter their own stats. i suppose i could give everyone that ability but require you to send me the end-game report on the stats so i could cross verify that those numbers are accurate...

Cloudy

Banned
i suppose i could give everyone that ability but require you to send me the end-game report on the stats so i could cross verify that those numbers are accurate...

Yeah that would be the most efficient way IMO. And if I read right, individual player stats can only be edited by that team owner so unless someone is exaggerating their stats (why?), I don't see any potential problems...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yes to everything.

I would not like to write my stats for all my players though. I'll do it, but that's going to be a pain in the balls.

Team stats will be easy. Just get them from the email that EA sends. :D

Matrix

Ughhh to play in leaguedaddy or not :\

a.) will you report game stats for your team? Yes
b.) will you report individual player stats in detail? Yes,but how many players?
c.) Hmmmm why would I have to do this? Can you give an example as to why?

Drey1082

Wellington said:
Yes to everything.

I would not like to write my stats for all my players though. I'll do it, but that's going to be a pain in the balls.

Team stats will be easy. Just get them from the email that EA sends. :D

Same with me, player stats seems like a big pain...

Fifty

I like the idea of putting faces and names to stats, rather than just having team stats. Maybe we can just limit it to certain defensive and offensive players....rather than writing down everything, including FB yardage and dime back tackles.

matrix, the only time you would need to input your opponents stats are when you are playing someone who knows they have to be somewhere. for instance, you play fifty and he says "i can play but if i stay to input stats im going to be late to an appointment, can you input mine for me?"

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix, the only time you would need to input your opponents stats are when you are playing someone who knows they have to be somewhere. for instance, you play fifty and he says "i can play but if i stay to input stats im going to be late to an appointment, can you input mine for me?"

Ok gotcha,makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom