• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2006 Xbox GAF Sign up/League Season I: Can I borrow a feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yes to all... I dont want to report ALLLLL the stats though...if we all do then I guess i will have to ... i am down..

im willing to bend on the "all stats" thing, what dont you guys want reported? i think the passing, rushing and receiving stats are a must as well as the tackles, sacks and ints. it wouldn't take THAT long. i would link you guys to the templates and all you would have to do is fill in the blanks online and submit it.

i talked to the owners @ leaguedaddy and they walked me through some stuff, it seems to be very easy. i can add any stat columns i need to (including things like "User INT's", "Hitstick Caused Fumbles" or whatever other stats we'd like).

i know it is a pain in the ass to record this stuff, but honestly it is worth the 5 minutes it takes. i think we should take advantage of the great leaguedaddy setup.

hgplayer1

a.) will you report game stats for your team?
b.) will you report individual player stats in detail?
c.) will you report your opponents stats if needed (player and game)?
d.) would you be more interested in writing down the stats (or typing them on the computer, whatever), or would you be more interested in the following: i setup a schedule, and each week i make "spawn games" accessible in my locker for everymatchup. for instance, if the broncos are playing the raiders, i create a spawn franchise game in week 1 of a franchise where the broncos play the raiders. you download it from me. you play your game. you upload the NEW post-game franchise record to your locker. i download that, thereby excusing you from writing down stats because i have all i need right there.

man it sucks so bad that EA doesnt have leagues ready. Ill do all that stuff if we go through leaguedaddy though.

DJ_Tet

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im willing to bend on the "all stats" thing, what dont you guys want reported? i think the passing, rushing and receiving stats are a must as well as the tackles, sacks and ints. it wouldn't take THAT long. i would link you guys to the templates and all you would have to do is fill in the blanks online and submit it.

i talked to the owners @ leaguedaddy and they walked me through some stuff, it seems to be very easy. i can add any stat columns i need to (including things like "User INT's", "Hitstick Caused Fumbles" or whatever other stats we'd like).

i know it is a pain in the ass to record this stuff, but honestly it is worth the 5 minutes it takes. i think we should take advantage of the great leaguedaddy setup.

I agree. If I am writing down stats after every game, might as well write them all down. You'll likely have 4-6 receivers with stats, your QB, and 2-3 running back stats. The defensive stats should be just as simple. If we're taking the time to write down any stats, might as well take the extra 5 minutes and transpose them all.

DJ_Tet said:
I agree. If I am writing down stats after every game, might as well write them all down. You'll likely have 4-6 receivers with stats, your QB, and 2-3 running back stats. The defensive stats should be just as simple. If we're taking the time to write down any stats, might as well take the extra 5 minutes and transpose them all.

I agree--but let's just hope lag, dirty disk errors and EA's general crappiness online doesn't screw up our efforts in stat recording.

Fifty

I don't think that'll be a problem. Lag hasn't been an issue with madden online in at least a couple years really. I can't wait to get out from their fraud tournaments and do something real good on our own.

Ramirez

I'll do it,but someone is gonna have to make a spreadsheet or something to make it easier,I'm telling you though,you suggested this idea last year and it was dropped abou 2 weeks in :lol

guys, there will be no need for a spreadsheet because i will link you to the game you just played/are about to play and you can enter it right then and there. it will then be uploaded to the site. i will cross reference it with your e-mail you get from EA to make sure the numbers add up

FrenchMovieTheme said:
a.) will you report game stats for your team?
b.) will you report individual player stats in detail?
c.) will you report your opponents stats if needed (player and game)?
d.) would you be more interested in writing down the stats (or typing them on the computer, whatever), or would you be more interested in the following: i setup a schedule, and each week i make "spawn games" accessible in my locker for everymatchup. for instance, if the broncos are playing the raiders, i create a spawn franchise game in week 1 of a franchise where the broncos play the raiders. you download it from me. you play your game. you upload the NEW post-game franchise record to your locker. i download that, thereby excusing you from writing down stats because i have all i need right there.

A) Yes
B) Yes
C) Yes
D) *brain explodes*

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, there will be no need for a spreadsheet because i will link you to the game you just played/are about to play and you can enter it right then and there. it will then be uploaded to the site. i will cross reference it with your e-mail you get from EA to make sure the numbers add up

My PC connection dies when I get on Live. I'd have to be in the link before I log on, type them up into the page (it'll all have to be on 1 page), log off, and wait for the connection to kick back in, and send the info. I'm still going to end up typing this up in word or excel.

hgplayer1

Slo said:
4) I don't follow you.

basically he would start a new franchise and make sure that whatever game you are supposed to be playing (Ravens vs Titans for example) would be in the week 1 schedule of his franchise mode game. he would upload it to his locker from which you and your opponent could download it and play the game. once thats done you would upload it back and he would download it and be able to see the stats for all the players from that game.

......wait, what did I just say?

Slo

I dunno, the more I think about it, the less I want to record stats. Team stats I don't have a problem with, but individual stats are going to get tedius unless you only throw to 1 or 2 WRs all night long. The overal passing/rushing/scoring stats are very valuable when prepping for a game, but I got just as much value out of situational stats, run/pass ratios, and blitz counts. We won't have any of that. I'm highly skeptical that people are actually going to spend 15 minutes recording stats of their 4/24 night with 6 INTs, when that time could better be spent writing a whiny ass post in the Online forum. Hell, last year some people weren't even getting their stats recorded automatically because they were quiting out of games in disgust.

Lonestar

Slo said:
I dunno, the more I think about it, the less I want to record stats. Team stats I don't have a problem with, but individual stats are going to get tedius unless you only throw to 1 or 2 WRs all night long. The overal passing/rushing/scoring stats are very valuable when prepping for a game, but I got just as much value out of situational stats, run/pass ratios, and blitz counts. We won't have any of that. I'm highly skeptical that people are actually going to spend 15 minutes recording stats of their 4/24 night with 6 INTs, when that time could better be spent writing a whiny ass post in the Online forum. Hell, last year some people weren't even getting their stats recorded automatically because they were quiting out of games in disgust.

Can't Leaguedaddy keep those other stats (blitz, situations, etc) I mean, We'll record individual stats, but we'll have those other stats inside the email's we get from EA. We should still have that info in the end run.

Ramirez

I wrote them down last year for like 2 games,it is EXTREMELY tedious when you do every player,I'd personally be fine with just team stats or no stats at all for that matter :p

newsguy

Ramirez said:
I wrote them down last year for like 2 games,it is EXTREMELY tedious when you do every player,I'd personally be fine with just team stats or no stats at all for that matter :p

If it's as tedious as it sounds I opt for team stats only as well. I've never done it, but like Slo said, if your tendency is to include everyone in your offense it will take much longer.

Ramirez

Well,I dunno bout y'all,but I had to write them down on a pad,THEN transfer them over to the PC because my Xbox wasn't near my PC at the time so I couldn't just look off the screen,so I was essentially doing it twice per game :lol

I know for a fact when people lose and feel like they've been cheated the last thing they'll want to do is record the stats for their fraud game :lol

Lonestar

keep a list of the #'s of you players, and fill in shorthand. It's not that difficult.

#8 8-16 185 1 1 (QB)
#37 25-156 1 0 (rb)

Well, it seems easy to me. I'd REALLY like to have player stats.

guys i think you are overexaggerating the amount of time it takes to record the stats. i did it in last years madden for the first few games of the season, it LITERALLY took me 45 seconds to do my entire team, and i am a slow writer.

there are alternatives. if you have a digital camera, take a picture of the stats and send it to me, i will input them for you. if you want me to create a template that you can print out and have by your xbox and just fill in your team stats there i can do pretty easily. maybe you only want to record your top 5 tacklers or something, thats fine

like i said i think you guys are making it seem like more work than it is. when you think about it logically, it is taking up 1-2 minutes TOPS of your time. you are technically recording stats for 15-20 players total, and thats worst case scenario (1 QB, 3 RB's, 5 WR's, TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 CB's). it really doesn't take that long

matrix just to let you know i used the texans and had all kinds of time to pass, even against blitzy mcgee (gunstar) ;) didn't stop me from making stupid throws but i digress...

i think your problem is that you don't wait for the center to point and you don't stay in the pocket. plus their D aint bad either. im not trying to gloat or anything, but i think you should reasses how you play the game. i don't think the game is the problem, i think the style of play you're trying to accomplish is

hgplayer1

I agree with FMT, the pocket is something that you must be very aware of. I think its especially important when you are in shotgun formation. if youre in shotgun dont take more than two steps back after the snap. I think once you get into the 5-7 step drop range out of shotgun formation your line really starts to release their blocks. I always have to remember to sit tight after the snap when Im in shotgun. on normal under the center formations i almost never move outside of the tackles unless its just obvious that pressure is going to come from one side and the other side will be well blocked.

Im not so sure about this center pointing business. I had wondered about it myself since last year but after reading FMTs post earlier and going into practice mode. Im not sure it makes a difference at all. plus it can take a little too long for the center to do it and with 4 minute quarters it would be pretty tough to be that patient play after play.

Fifty

Yeah, unless you have Vick or McNabb, if you depend on your passing game to win, you have to play realistically that means sticking in the pocket and not dropping back....back....back. It's something everyone should try and do, plus of course calling the right plays.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Fifty said:
Yeah, unless you have Vick or McNabb, if you depend on your passing game to win, you have to play realistically that means sticking in the pocket and not dropping back....back....back. It's something everyone should try and do, plus of course calling the right plays.

??? I don't scramble at all with McNabb and can still take apart defenses.

??? I don't scramble at all with McNabb and can still take apart defenses.

that's what he's saying. you have to stick in the pocket to be successful at qb. BUT, if you have mcnabb/vick/culpepper you CAN get outside the D and also have success.

Gunstar77

hgplayer1 said:
I agree with FMT, the pocket is something that you must be very aware of. I think its especially important when you are in shotgun formation. if youre in shotgun dont take more than two steps back after the snap. I think once you get into the 5-7 step drop range out of shotgun formation your line really starts to release their blocks. I always have to remember to sit tight after the snap when Im in shotgun. on normal under the center formations i almost never move outside of the tackles unless its just obvious that pressure is going to come from one side and the other side will be well blocked.

Im not so sure about this center pointing business. I had wondered about it myself since last year but after reading FMTs post earlier and going into practice mode. Im not sure it makes a difference at all. plus it can take a little too long for the center to do it and with 4 minute quarters it would be pretty tough to be that patient play after play.

That is what I have been saying along, you can't just drop all day when the play you called requires 3 step drop and quick release, you will mess the O-Line's timing up.

Gunstar77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that's what he's saying. you have to stick in the pocket to be successful at qb. BUT, if you have mcnabb/vick/culpepper you CAN get outside the D and also have success.

I know I could do it but I feel it is cheap and really makes the game unfair for the Defense.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Yep, that's what I'm saying. To be a good QB (this year moreso than before) you have to play realistically. The bonus of having a QB like yours is that you can be more creative and dance around a little. Dancing around with a pocket QB is suicide.

the league is going up soon guys, i paid for it and am just awaiting confirmation. please register at the site, www.leaguedaddy.com, if you are interested in the league.

if you are not going to report game or player stats perhaps an online league isn't for you. myself and others are going to be putting a lot of work into making the league a success so the least you can do is comply with the desired results of the league.

i also have issues to go over with a few new players that missed games in the tournament. not necessarily ONLY because some people missed games, but also the schedule of others may not work out. but i will be talking to you in AIM or otherwise as the league date approaches.

i expect to have the league ready to go on monday. but there are no guarantees because i dont know how quickly the process can happen until i am seeing for myself.

we have some ideas (thanks to the leaguedaddy forums) on inputting the stats (such as the winner of the game inputs the stats for both teams, thereby eliminating the sore loser anger syndrome), but that will be taken care of soon enough.

AND, just a few more facts and questions:
-------

FACTS:

* Sim league. I don't give a crap whether you are using the browns, rams, or someone in between, i don't want to see any 4-wide bullcrap everydown. im not telling you how to run your offense but that style of play is honestly no fun to play against. it's not about winning and losing and finding the glitches that guarantee you victory guys, it's about having a fun time. no one has fun playing against 4 wide all game, or playing against 9-man blitz packages every down. if you want to do those things here and there, go ahead that is just good football, but every down? no.

* we are going to be playing on all-pro difficulty, 6 minute quarters, with Fair Play turned ON. i am willing to bend on these issues if a lot of people want to play less minutes per game, or higher diffuclty or with fair play off.

* If you are disconnected, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING! normally, one person or the other gets disconnected. if you are the one who DID NOT LOSE CONNECTION, please "continue vs. CPU". quickly pause the game and record the stats to that point. THEN, play the remaining time against your opponent in a new game. i.e. lets say the game disconnects you at the beginning of the 3rd. record the stats to that point, then start a new game and play the 2 quarters or whatever is left.

if you and your opponent both want to replay the entire game from scratch, be my guest. so long as the stats are reported.

* There is going to be a strict 3-day play schedule. It would be naive and foolish of me to expect EVERY player to play EVERY game ontime EVERY week. if you miss a game or two, i understand that. we all have lives. but if you are a chronic flaker, or you dont show up at the right time causing your opponent to be off, you are going to be replaced in the league and you wont be invited to future leagues. i think we'll have a great time playing in the 20+ (or whatever we end up with) man league, but i honestly have no problem at all playing in a 12 man league. so don't be a jackass and miss a bunch of games. i am going to move the weeks ahead whether you play your game or not, then at the end of the season, you can make the game up. if you miss more than 3 games during the season i am going to consider you a flake.

* if you have any qualms about playing certain people, don't like certain people, don't have "good connections" with certain people, ANY issues you have regarding possible scheduling, please private message me. i'm not going to put new people in a hopeless situation (i.e. i'm not going to put dcx in a division with ramirez, gunstar and dm... no offense to him but that shit aint going to happen).

* Again, stat reporting is required to play in the league.
---------

PM, IM or email me w/ any questions or concerns

DJ_Tet

Banned
Registered.

I'll be curious to see how many people actually sign up for the first season. I think it will be a great time. The "winner reports stats" is a decent idea, but I really think everyone should be man enough to do this on their own.

Slo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
* if you have any qualms about playing certain people, don't like certain people, don't have "good connections" with certain people, ANY issues you have regarding possible scheduling, please private message me. i'm not going to put new people in a hopeless situation (i.e. i'm not going to put dcx in a division with ramirez, gunstar and dm... no offense to him but that shit aint going to happen).

There's only two types of people that I can't stand: Slingers and Slangers.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rushing Fumbles Tiki Barber (New York Giants): 2 (Week 17)

Fuck League Daddy.

Edit: Just read the the rules, 6 minute quarters? Why do we keep going from too short games to too long games?

I don't know if it is the case this year, but Ramirez and I always have trouble connecting. I owe him several ass-whoopings... We haven't tried it out this year, I'd like to give it a shot before ruling out being divisional rivals.

AZ Greg

OK, I'm registered at LeagueDaddy. I'm moving back to my dorm tomm. so I prob. won't be connected to the internet until tomm. night or maybe Sat. morning. So if there is anything else I need to know or do let me know.

hgplayer1

registered and I think 6 minutes can be too long in some games but Id rather have more time to make up for mistakes rather than the game be over 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter. then again the 4 minute games we've been playing have had pretty good flows to them.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer1 said:
registered and I think 6 minutes can be too long in some games but Id rather have more time to make up for mistakes rather than the game be over 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter. then again the 4 minute games we've been playing have had pretty good flows to them.

No offense intended but man I hate how long it takes for you to get plays off. :lol The one game we played against each other you had the ball from the kickoff into the second quarter. :lol

hgplayer1

Wellington said:
No offense intended but man I hate how long it takes for you to get plays off. :lol The one game we played against each other you had the ball from the kickoff into the second quarter. :lol

Id like to think I was setting the tempo and controlling the ball. other than a couple of games early on in 06 I dont think Ive been using much of the play clock at all. in 05 I was consistently running out of time on the clock.

Slo

WTF man?! It would take a lot of work to take up that much time on every play! Don't you have a certain set of plays that you like to run in each down and distance? :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I hate how you can still stop the run with the quarter D. I just played some guy who was in it the whole time and i could bearly get any yards. Plus with him in quarter passing was tuff. whats even worse is that i only lost by 1 TD.

though with the difficult passing cone i find my self running all over defences, unlike last year where my passing game was stronger. I got over 230 rushing yards on my friends the other day :)

if you guys want to play 5 min quarters let me know. i thought we played 6 min in madden 2005... am i wrong?

anyways, i have run all over the quarters defense. the only time i can't run on it is if he is blitzing multiple people from the outside. but everything up the middle i've had at least moderate success with.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i really dont know how he kept on stopping priest. im usually able to run over anyone, but i couldnt do it this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom