• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 4 GAF Xbox League Thread: Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
YOU GUYS DONT UNDERSTAND! ONLY SLO AND FIFTY DO! ARGHHHH!

*tear drop*

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Wellington said:
:lol!

Colts D can't be that bad... There've been people across the leagues that have suffered through lower rated Ds. At least with the Colts you have the third most potent offense in Madden.

tell me about it

Fifty

It's not the Colts' D. It's the Curse of the Colts. He who picks the Colts is doomed to suffer. They are a Pandora's Box ready to be opened, time and time again. They lure you in with their talent, but then cease to function and curse their owner to a season of misery and grief.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
:lol!

Colts D can't be that bad... There've been people across the leagues that have suffered through lower rated Ds. At least with the Colts you have the third most potent offense in Madden.

well...2 games against him, and I've thrown for...750-800 yards. And I was a balance team last year.

They don't have enough quality DB's to cover 3 85+ rated recievers AND a decent TE/RB/FB.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ive played better d with the Texans.

Ask Gunstar and Lonestar how well I play D with the Colts at the start of the game,ints and fumbles all over and then they just fall apart.They cant hold onto ints,they cant stop passes,double teams are useless,bumping is a waste.Ive played both those guys enough to know what they bring,both are real good players,but jesus when I have leads of 24-0 and 28-3 and then my team starts sucking,the curse is on!

Also bs on their O,I had better passing stats with the f-ing Ravens.This Colts team in Madden has no O-line and they gave Manning a pussy arm,Carr and Boller throw 5 times as far.

Wheres a rope? I need to hang myself.

Mrbob

Matrix lets switch teams. I will continue on in the league with the Colts if you don't want 'em anymore! I've never put my elite passing skills to the test with the Colts offense!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Matrix lets switch teams. I will continue on in the league with the Colts if you don't want 'em anymore! I've never put my elite passing skills to the test with the Colts offense!

How the heck can we do that? :\

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Good one last night FMT, the turnovers were ridiculous, but it was a good game regardless. The chiefs are prime and ready for their annual late season surge to the Playoffs.....

yeah that was a good game, you saved your season my friend!

the turnovers were ridiculous, but when you throw into double and triple coverage what do you expect to happen?

bitch ass Mr. Glass got hurt twice in the same game again, i wish he would have just stayed out!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
FrenchMovieTheme said:
no, he means how in the heck can they trade teams (they can't)

anyways, what a great 2 game "break" i'll have! Thanks bob and fifty!

I knew that you...you....evil comish

I was refering to our playing time...

Matrix

Whens the deadline Jobber? I can play tonight at like 11:30 pm eastern time or after,I cant play earlier than that.

friends, the end has come. with so many people having quit, it's just ridiculous. i'm not going to play madden for another 2 "season weeks" and 1 real time week because of quitters. so, what i've decided to do is advance to the playoffs now. we will have to play in exhibition, and i'll post the matchups later in this post. and by later i mean right now:

NFC Playoffs:

#1. Saints Vs. #4 Bucs
#2. Broncos Vs. #3 Chiefs

AFC Playoffs

#1. Eagles Vs. #4. Jets
#2. Falcons Vs. #3. Seahawks

lonestar, i know you said you quit, but if you could just finish a couple more games at most you would really help us out.

i also realize that 4/6 teams per conference are getting in, but it's only fair (how can i leave DM or Jobber out cause others didn't want to finish?)

anyways, please report here the results friends! the madden 2005 year end (literally, for the entire duration of madden) awards, misc stats (including all time records in league, playoff appearances, superbowl wins, etc) will be up within a month on my site (i'm still working on it)

hate to do it this way but it is tough to stay sharp when you aren't playing meaningful games for weeks at a time. lets finish strong ladies!

p.s. remember, report results here!

had to send DM on his way packing for the 2005 season! sorry friend, you didn't manage to win a championship, maybe next year (hey now you and bob have something in common!)

anyways final score was 16-13. heart of a champion ladies, heart of a champion!

ck or malley, you're next. and i owe both of you the beating of a lifetime (which you will be receiving)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Excellent, I love playing Malley even though I lost the superbowl to him. Tonight!

Thanks for advancing the league FMT, I am in full MVP baseball mode!

Lonestar

finish up some of the games on hold? (True and Jobber?) or just move onto the playoffs (True)? I'll see if I can get something in tonight.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yup straight playoff action. I might be able to play tomorrow night, but you'll have to let me know either through here or AIM an estimate for what time you can play. After Wednesday I'm gone till Monday.

Lonestar

tomorrow should be good, say 7 pm EST to 10 pm EST? Anywhere in there, I should be home.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
we may have to go tonight. I am in BK until 9 tomorrow, then its a hour and a half home.. is that ok with you tomorrow at 11?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
tomorrow should be good, say 7 pm EST to 10 pm EST? Anywhere in there, I should be home.

Well it's after 11:00 now and no game has been played. Don't worry I know you aren't really in Madden mode right now.
So I guess I'll be playing Gunstar or Jobber when I get back on Monday.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Jobber won, 21 to 20. He scored 14 points in the 4th to get the victory. Well time for me to take a Madden break.

jobber

Jets 21 Eagles 20

McNabb fumbles and the D returns it 60 + yards for a TD with under 2 minutes left.

Greatest game I've played online

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow!! I honestly never would have thought you were gonna take out Gunstar man. Congrats.
I'm back Monday afternoon, if I'm not feeling too jetlagged I can play Monday night.

jobber

Truelize said:
Wow!! I honestly never would have thought you were gonna take out Gunstar man. Congrats.
I'm back Monday afternoon, if I'm not feeling too jetlagged I can play Monday night.

I found a working playbook!
In our last game, I was still in it til Martin fumbled. -_-

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I advanced in a game that was closer than it seems, 33-21. Now that I got rid of one of the former superbowl winners (that beat me), it's time to get rid of the other one (that beat me too). You're next FMT!

bout to rock and roll to the superbowl! it's almost over ladies... and i have to go out on a winning note!

clash of the titans, ck vs fmt! sweet revenge!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I barely advance to the stupor bowl yet again. 33-24 was the final score.

- I was up 24-9 at the half, and FMT's heart of a champ enables him to come back and tie it up 24-24 including a two point conversion.

- My lines just flat out outplayed his and that was the difference maker. My DLine/LBs ended with like 8 sacks. A handoff was an almost automatic four yards. Plummer often had all kinds of time.

-Pathon and Stallworth both dropped wide open sure TDs.

-A late safety was the difference maker.

Time for the Bills of GAF to lose another Super Bowl. Who will it be against, Jobber or Truelize?

(Actually it's kind of funny that I make the super bowl with both the Bills and the Broncos who have had a history of choking in the big one in recent memory. :( )

[I don't really feel too great about advancing with the Broncos. They feel like too good a team. A far cry from the teams with glaring weaknesses I have played with like the Bills and the Giants.]

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fitting that the most important game I've played yet in the GAF leagues would be the one where I faced my worst luck.
2 fumbles: 1 with Vick getting pushed out of bounds and somehow throwing the ball back inbounds while he jumps out. 2 with Dunn who has never fumbled for me yet running strong side off tackle and giving it up.
1 kickoff ran back for a TD against me.
One all-pro QB knocked out of the game. :(

Ridiculous. I am not happy right now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
cholm126.jpg

"Wellington! WISH I COULD BE AS GOOD AS YOU!"

t1_belichick_trophy_all.jpg

"Take my trophy! You truely are the best football strategist on the planet!"

trophy3.jpg

"I wish I could play under your controller's guidance! Take my trophy as an homage!"

paris2.jpg

"I want to give you head."

Ladies and gentlemen... I've finally shaken off the ghosts of the past and have captured the world championship of football by beating jobber 44-14 in the super bowl!

Here is the tale of the tape:

- Champ Bailey with three ints and one TD. Numerous pass break ups.

- Al Wilson two Ints.

- Kelly Herndon with a user-pick for me, returned for a TD.

- Incredible defense held the Jets to zero rushing yards.

- The incredible defense scored not only two TDs, but a safety as well for 16 total points.

After almost a full year of study, strategizing, gameplanning.... I get my rightfully deserved superbowl win! Only knock is that it happened with the shortened season. But I played the two defending superbowl champs to make it to the bowl itself. Two guys that had beaten me in the big game.

FMT - 2
MalleyMal - 1
Wellington - 1

The reign of terror is over gents, only good times ahead!

Madden '06 here we come!

Top Bottom