• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 4 GAF Xbox League Thread: Purple Monkey Dishwasher

I expected the loss but it's getting kind of ridiculous how the game is helping DM beat me. His two scores:

He punts, my guy is all alone ready to catch, ball bounces off his hands 15 yards forward (keep in mind he was all alone, closest guy 20+ yards away so a fair catch wasn't even in consideration) Alstott picks it up now with three blockers and scores the TD.

I am in my redzone, score is 13-7. I go to pass, off course, DM's pass rush gets to me (I don't even have to mention this right Ramirez?) and I see that it will so I press Y and tuck it in so I can press Y again. Of course, Plummer fumbles and DM drives down the field for the game winner. Tuck rule? Nope, not if it can help me beat DM!

Don't be misled by DM's stats, I dominated him defensively until that last drive. It's just another case of the game handing a worse player the win.

Alstott player of the game:

7 carries 8 yards
3 receptions 10 yards

Good job Alstott, you were really the player of the game there friend. No, the player of player of games. Congrats buddy!

:lol

i will quote one of my old football coaches from pop warner:

they have kicked our asses in so many times it is no longer luck, but a trend

bottom line is this: both teams get lucky. one more than the other? maybe. but let me tell you the one thing i have learned playing against DM all this time (and trust me, i have suffered more heartbreakers to him than you): don't get greedy. call it luck, call it over ratings of the bucs, call it skill, call it whatever but if you are going to be so stubborn as to risk a fumble (why didn't you just settle for a FG & a 16-7 lead?) then that is a gamble. could be luck, but it has happened time after time after time. eventually you have to take accountability and say it is something i'm doing wrong

just my pov though

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wanted the field goal, but went for the pass on second and goal thinking that if no one is open Plummer's legs should buy me enough time to throw it our of bounds.

Whatever though, of course, when superbowl time comes, DM will be looking from the outside in, just like the last three seasons.

Ramirez

MR BOB one more time, whats a good time for you.....

tumbleweed.jpg.JPG

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lone got busy with alot of shit, and is pretty close to having to bow out of the league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
Lone got busy with alot of shit, and is pretty close to having to bow out of the league.

You around tonight? want to get our game over with?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think people are finally getting bored with football or atleast madden 2005,I know I am,plus the way the season schedule was made,well I feel like im playing the same person over and over *Gunstar* and no offense to Gunstar,but its getting really boring.

PS- THE COLTS SUCK A FAT ONE.

Mrbob

Plus it is baseball season.

As much as I love Madden, I really need a 3 month hiatus from this game to get recharged for Madden 2006.

Fifty

Same here. I just can't go from this to the next madden game. I need an offseason, and my love for the jays overpowers my interest in madden, plus, work and stuff ;) We've had a good run, but the love is gone.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Nice that you all quit as soon as I figure out how to play this game. :D

I can't wait for Madden 2006.

Matrix

Truelize said:
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Nice that you all quit as soon as I figure out how to play this game. :D

I can't wait for Madden 2006.

That was our master plan and to give FMT a stroke.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
NO! I DEMAND ONE LAST GAME AGAINST DM! FOR ALL THE MARBLES!

Winner gets to chose the other person's avatar for a month! (Soon as your current bet is over :p)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
As hard as it is to let it go... I guess its time, the interest seems to have taken a nose dive.... I will still be around to play random games with anyone......

I guess this means I am the last true champ and that I will have to hold on to my SUPERBOWL TROPHY until Madden 2006..... what will FMT do???

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
why sign up to play just to quit 4 games in?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

finish bitches!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I would be all for another season with the serious gamers, or we can just have Tournaments..... would that work for some people???

a player strike eh? let these bums quit, we will continue on!

we still have at least 3 players from each conference that are interested (4 in our conference wow!)

the league can't die and it won't die. perhaps i would quit on crappy games from VC, but madden will never die friends. i can't let that happen, i won't let that happen, and i can't let that happen!

while it kind of sucks that the other conference is set for playoff spots (Gunstar, Jobber, True), oh well! we have to play!

p.s. all players who quit get an asterik on the big madden 2005 wrapup page that is in progress on my website! it will contain things such as overall records, awards and playoff records. you all get 1999 spurs style asteriks! :D

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
a player strike eh? let these bums quit, we will continue on!

we still have at least 3 players from each conference that are interested (4 in our conference wow!)

the league can't die and it won't die. perhaps i would quit on crappy games from VC, but madden will never die friends. i can't let that happen, i won't let that happen, and i can't let that happen!

while it kind of sucks that the other conference is set for playoff spots (Gunstar, Jobber, True), oh well! we have to play!

p.s. all players who quit get an asterik on the big madden 2005 wrapup page that is in progress on my website! it will contain things such as overall records, awards and playoff records. you all get 1999 spurs style asteriks! :D

My schedule sucks mucho ass,it actually has played a huge part in why im tired of the game.My games so far have been 3 vs Gunstar,1 vs truelize and 2 with lonestar *one not played yet* and dj quit....im bored :(

i'm just giving you guys a hard time. if you cant do it b/c of scheduling then you cant i understand. but i wont disband the league until we have less than 3 people from each conference playing. until then, we live on!

oh i see what you are saying now matrix. i thought you meant your schedule as in your work/school/etc schedule.

i take responsibility for the bad scheduling. i was trying to get the league started and was using a template from season 2 but it didn't work out like that :( my apologies friend :D

p.s. but you should have taken it to gunstar!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh i see what you are saying now matrix. i thought you meant your schedule as in your work/school/etc schedule.

i take responsibility for the bad scheduling. i was trying to get the league started and was using a template from season 2 but it didn't work out like that :( my apologies friend :D

p.s. but you should have taken it to gunstar!

I cant even hold a 24-0 lead with the fucking Colts :( I could take it,I just cant hold it with that sorry excuse for a team.

Lonestar

how much time is left on this week Matty? If you're on, I might as well get my last game in

Matrix

Lonestar said:
how much time is left on this week Matty? If you're on, I might as well get my last game in

I think we have till the 14th tomorrow at like 3 pm or something.

I'm on now if you want to play *ughh :( * just post here and ill go log on for my ass whooping.

Matrix

K,im going on...please offer me mercy if you're blowing me out :(

Lonestar

oops, I should say, once XBox live starts, my internet on my computer dies. I didn't...see that message... :/ Sorry :(

Matrix

Fuck the Colts,really just fuck them.

Again I play dominating D to start the game and then they become fucking spaz motherfucking retards....and bumping with the Colts is fucking useless,old man Rice can burn a double team for a 60 yard bomb.Also for such a great passing team,they dont have a fucking O-line,I could get passes off better with the f-ing Texans.

so, to reiterate:

the league is not dead friends!

and as for the quitters in the bunch... never turn your back on the madden fambly! NEVER!

karma.jpg

p.s. im just messing w/ the quitters, although i wish you would see it through to the end... but if a portable gaming system and a team that is going to finish 4th place in their division in baseball is more important than madden then go ahead and quit! go ahead!

p.s. 2 but seriously im just messing w/ you guys :D

Slo

Matrix said:

Again I play dominating D to start the game and then they become fucking spaz motherfucking retards....and bumping with the Colts is fucking useless,old man Rice can burn a double team for a 60 yard bomb.Also for such a great passing team,they dont have a fucking O-line,I could get passes off better with the f-ing Texans.

LIES!

My 2-11-3 record in season 1 says you're just using them wrong!

Matrix

Slo said:
LIES!

My 2-11-3 record in season 1 says you're just using them wrong!

:lol :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MrBob if you don't play me you are banned for a month! I told you to play last night, and I also told you you would flake on me tonight! Your PSP can't help you now!

Matrix

Wellington said:
MrBob if you don't play me you are banned for a month! I told you to play last night, and I also told you you would flake on me tonight! Your PSP can't help you now!

Thats messed up CK :( but he is a Cubs fan.....DO WHAT YOU MUST DO!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Matrix said:

I am thinking of coming out of retirement just to take the Colts to a winning record.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:
I am thinking of coming out of retirement just to take the Colts to a winning record.

:lol!

Colts D can't be that bad... There've been people across the leagues that have suffered through lower rated Ds. At least with the Colts you have the third most potent offense in Madden.

Top Bottom