• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 4 GAF Xbox League Thread: Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
The Colts are a Pandora's Box. No matter how nice they look, whoever opens the box and picks them is doomed to suffer.

:(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the colts curse is real o_O

I can win with the Ravens,play pretty damn solid with the Texans and their shitty D,but Jesus I cant for the life of me figure out how to play with the Colts.

My D iss horrid with them about 90% of the time,I mean at the start of the game against Lonestar I had 2 ints and 3 forced fumbles or something like that,then they just all go to sleep and he starts lighting my DB's up and just ughhhh...and Manning fucking sucks compared to Carr,Manning has the arm of a retarded 7 year old girl.

Also Lonestar pulled off some amazing "get the fuck out" int plays against Manning,super human Neo matrix jump in the air shit to pull a couple passes down.

All in all I could have won it with a 54 yard fg but the curse lived on and I booted it far left.

Ive now been lit up 4 straight games and I consider myself pretty damn good at this game,or atleast decent,I cant explain wtf is happening.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Let a real man take the Colts. I'll make a winner out of them!

You suck too,go play some psp.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Matrix pretty much said it all.

I had about 8 TO's in the first quarter, and at half, he lead 17-3, even though I had like, double the offensive stats.

Third quarter, I score 21 points, and ties at 24. Then it becomes a shootout, ending tied at 38, with Matty missing a long fg for the win.

I win in OT on a divine Int returned for a touchdown.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I don't see you on AIM DJ, so I am going out and will be back around 10 PM EST to play our game tonight.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
*Note to self: Update current Madden 2006 "blackball/league exclusion list*:

- bog
- maverick
- tacklinoscar
- mrbob2k1

:D

:lol

Mrbob

:lol :lol

Hey, hey, hey! I actually tried to get the game in last night.

Mr DM "I'd rather watch the rockets than play Madden" Czaf kept on ignoring my messages! So I just logged off and went to bed! :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Accoriding to the text message I got on my cell Gunstar is the next. Today or tomorrow?

bob why would DM want to stop watching the rockets game when you were just going to roll over and lose on purpose anyways?

i can't blame him on that front. why waste an hour and a half of your time if you are going to dog it just the same?

p.s. DJ has to bow out of the league for scheduling reasons. one step closer to the playoffs, true!

Mrbob

Lol, the reason DM skipped our match is because he knew I was going to kick his ass!! He was scared! Scared like Yao trying to post on Shaq!!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DJ was just scared of the four beatings I was gonna give him this season.

Lonestar, let me know when you wanna play. Round four of our rivalry!!!

Lonestar

what! We play again???

Let's see how I can cheat again...

DJ's quitting? Gun and Matty get 2 free victories to my 1...aye aye aye..

Matrix

Sweeet I wont go 0-16...good times folks.

ck i will be home tomorrow all morning until 2 pm pst. then i will be available @ appox 7 pm pst. can you play in any of those time frames? if not, we could play friday (anytime after 6 pm pst), or if worst comes to worse we can play on saturday

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Okay seriously, deadline is in less than three hours and only two games have been played. I don't see season 4 going to the end. Kinda sad considering I seemed to be the only one on the fence.

Who is interested in actually finishing this league?

Me.

Lonestar

well, I've been online and with AIM for 2 hours or so, and True has yet to reply to any of my IM's

Matrix

Wellington said:
Okay seriously, deadline is in less than three hours and only two games have been played. I don't see season 4 going to the end. Kinda sad considering I seemed to be the only one on the fence.

Who is interested in actually finishing this league?

Me.

I cant play a person who quit the league :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sorry Lonestar. i wound up working really really late (got home around 11:00). I'm around during the weekend. We can at least play the game and let FMT know the outcome, sucks that we wont get stats.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am still in on the league... I want to finish this bad boy....

also are these deadlines faster than before??

of course you would be interested in finishing after the 50-9 thrashing you gave me ck :D

but honestly, we will see it to the end. just seemed like "one of those weeks" where no one could get on the same page to play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
of course you would be interested in finishing after the 50-9 thrashing you gave me ck :D

but honestly, we will see it to the end. just seemed like "one of those weeks" where no one could get on the same page to play.

Well no, I gave my word that I would play it until the end, just like the last season. Lest we forget I started last season 6-1 and ended 9-7. Besides, if I wanted to quit, now would be the time. I got DM next. :(

Lonestar

No problem True, I understand. As I type from work right now...

This week truly was/is CRAP.

Lonestar

ARGHIFLIGIER!

Try for this afternoon/night? I might be busy right after work (hopefully be outta here soon) but tonight should be good.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
No problem True, I understand. As I type from work right now...

This week truly was/is CRAP.

How come you never left a time or date here for us to play? I think that would have helped. I saw that you had left me some messages but unless I know I'm supposed to be playing I'm usually doing something else.

Lonestar

You wrote you can play anytime after 8 pm est, I said ok, as long as it's not TOO late. I've mentioned my regular end time to be 11 pm est on. You were logged on AIM, I left a few "you there?" messages. Not much else I can say.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
You wrote you can play anytime after 8 pm est, I said ok, as long as it's not TOO late. I've mentioned my regular end time to be 11 pm est on. You were logged on AIM, I left a few "you there?" messages. Not much else I can say.

Ok, cool. Just didn't work out this week. Can you play tomorrow afternoon? Between 3 and 8 est?

Lonestar

yeah, though I have alot of relatives coming into town tomorrow, they'll be back on the road by mid afternoon. Haven't really planned to do anything tomorrow anyway. I'll log on AIM and write on here.

fifty let me know when you can play. i wont be home tomorrow night or monday night. monday afternoon i could feasibly play @ around 3 pm pst, but i'd rather get it done tonight. if you're busy though not much we can do about that

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Lonestar said:
ARGHIFLIGIER!

Try for this afternoon/night? I might be busy right after work (hopefully be outta here soon) but tonight should be good.

is it tonight yet?

Fifty

It'll probably have to be done on monday. I think I'll be free then, but I might end up going out to dinner at that time, so I won't know until that morning. If I don't make it then, you can obviously have the win.

Matrix

Gun,Im around now if you can play,basically any time today.

God I think I know why this season kinda bites,I keep playing the same teams over and over :( oh and the Colts still suck.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I expected the loss but it's getting kind of ridiculous how the game is helping DM beat me. His two scores:

He punts, my guy is all alone ready to catch, ball bounces off his hands 15 yards forward (keep in mind he was all alone, closest guy 20+ yards away so a fair catch wasn't even in consideration) Alstott picks it up now with three blockers and scores the TD.

I am in my redzone, score is 13-7. I go to pass, off course, DM's pass rush gets to me (I don't even have to mention this right Ramirez?) and I see that it will so I press Y and tuck it in so I can press Y again. Of course, Plummer fumbles and DM drives down the field for the game winner. Tuck rule? Nope, not if it can help me beat DM!

Don't be misled by DM's stats, I dominated him defensively until that last drive. It's just another case of the game handing a worse player the win.

Alstott player of the game:

7 carries 8 yards
3 receptions 10 yards

Good job Alstott, you were really the player of the game there friend. No, the player of player of games. Congrats buddy!

Top Bottom