• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart Wii Thread of Official Mario Kart

Jiggy37 said:
You know, I like
Daisy
quite a lot. But
Baby Daisy
is just getting to the point of absurdity. :/ (As if
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
, and
Baby Peach
weren't already, of course. If they really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel that much, why not just unofficially turn the series into Nintendo Kart and be done with it? They already brought in
Funky Kong
and
Diddy Kong
. Just put in Link and Zelda, or whatever. I doubt anybody would complain, and they'd be a lot better than the babies. :/

Edit: Oh hey, beaten by miles to the same idea by Ariexv.

I'd much rather have seen
Baby DK

nofi

Oh man, I can't wait for this. Has any high street retailer broken street dates yet, I can feel a sick day coming on...

Rlan

No Means Nomad said:
It'd be Donkey Kong Jr. Not Baby DK.

And his kart would be powered by mathematical equations the player has to combo together.

"Baby DK" was in Yoshi Island 2. And making no sense hasn't stopped them before

farnham

Banned
I smelll baby wario

and even worse

baby waluigi

Rlan said:
"Baby DK" was in Yoshi Island 2. And making no sense hasn't stopped them before
supercade2.png

Bleeders

Play-Asia have issued this apparently, people.

We received the first small delivery today for testing and unfortunatelywe have to inform you, that the game is not compatible with the Datel Freeloader (US and PAL Version).

In case that this affects your preorder, please contact our customer service as soon as possible to amend/cancel your order, as otherwise we will ship your order within the next 48 hours.

If you own a Japanese Wii and you do not want to change your orders, you do not have to reply to this email.

Once again thanks for shopping with us and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Out in Germany? Any dutchies spotted it yet? Oh man I'd love it before the weekend.

[Nintex]

catfish said:
Out in Germany? Any dutchies spotted it yet? Oh man I'd love it before the weekend.
Not yet, only 10% of the Pre-orders are available this week in Holland.
NoE fucked up big time.

[Nintex]

Roelatie said:
again! :/

I am calling some stores to see if they have it.
Again....

I went to the Free Record Shop on friday and they said that it's sold out already. Some online shops only get a limited number of copies while Game Mania and Dimplus both claim to fill 100+ Pre-orders.

jts

...hate me...
Is the price for the standalone Wii Wheel known?

It better be extra cheapo! Even at 20€ i can't imagine paying 50€ for the game+wheel and then 60€ for 3 more wheels for multiplayer fun. It should be 10€ TOPS.

meppi

mio said:
Is the price for the standalone Wii Wheel known?

It better be extra cheapo! Even at 20€ i can't imagine paying 50€ for the game+wheel and then 60€ for 3 more wheels for multiplayer fun. It should be 10€ TOPS.
Yeah it's €10.

Neo Child

Banned
Is there any 3rd party wheels at the moment? I can imagine once the game comes out a shit tonne of 3rd party wheel will be launched.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Neo Child said:
Is there any 3rd party wheels at the moment? I can imagine once the game comes out a shit tonne of 3rd party wheel will be launched.
I know Game has one and there was the Ubisoft one from the early days.

Haunted

Neo Child said:
I know that BigBen released one back last year. I still see it in the Mediamarkt Wii section. Looks really cheap, though.

Is the standalone wheel coming out on the same day as the game (officially, I mean >_<). I want to get another one for my gf.

Neo Child said:

There are at least half a dozen currently available in the UK, IIRC, including the Ubisoft one that came packed with their shitty ports of GT Pro and Monster 4x4. None seem particularly great - much like the Zapper knockoffs and the unbelievably shite sports/swords shells - but I don't doubt that we'll see one or two good ones appearing in the wake of Mario Kart.

MakMan

[Nintex] said:
Again....

I went to the Free Record Shop on friday and they said that it's sold out already. Some online shops only get a limited number of copies while Game Mania and Dimplus both claim to fill 100+ Pre-orders.

Any word on DimPlus to have them in today?

Ikopi

Damn, preordered mine at GameMania, and they have an excellent reputation for filling in all preorders. I hope they have enough MK's.

[Nintex]

Ikopi said:
Damn, preordered mine at GameMania, and they have an excellent reputation for filling in all preorders. I hope they have enough MK's.
I think you should be fine, a friend of mine called them yesterday and said that they were expecting 100 copies(Leiden). Dimplus also said that they aren't expecting any shortages.

E-phonk

Banned
Ikopi said:
GameMania get most of the stock in Belgium. For those who didn't pre-order, I have been lucky with Bart Smith a few times - since angsty teens (and older) are often afraid to enter a toy store for their games.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
So I'm reading that it looks like they didn't change the restriction of "Teams Only" in balloon burst battle mode that we heard early reports of. So if you're playing with 3 people... you're forced into 2 on 1. And it's no longer an elimination type of mode where if you're balloons are gone, you're done... instead losing a balloon just gives the other person a point and if you lose all three you get three more.

YIKES. WHY would they do this. This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard :(

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/865/865110p1.html?RSSwhen2008-04-08_042200&RSSid=865110
Ultimately, it's these points that will contribute to your global standing as Mario Kart king, leader boards presented in a variety of typically charming and uniquely Nintendo ways within the Mario Kart Channel (apparently no longer available to download onto the Wii's desktop, as originally promised).
waaat?

Currently, it appears Competitions are refreshed weekly and take the form of track-specific objective-based challenges. So far, we've seen two which should give you some indication of Nintendo's plans for the feature. One tasked racers with taking out ten Pokey's as quickly as possible around Mario Kart DS's Desert Hills track. The second challenge completely reworked DS Yoshi Falls, adding jump-inducing mushrooms to the normally barren central pit, the goal being to reach the finish line as quickly as possible. The fact that it's possible for Nintendo to add new obstacles and significantly alter tracks via a simple download suggests we might be seeing some really interesting stuff later down the line.
awesome

tim1138

If GameFAQs is to be believed the final roster is:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Bowser
Toad
Wario
Waluigi
DK
Bowser Junior
Diddy
Toadette
King Boo
Baby Mario
Baby Peach
Baby Luigi
Baby Daisy
Koopa Troopa
Funky Kong
Rosalina
Bowser Bones
Dry Bones
Birdo
Mii

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
No
Shy Guy
or
R.O.B.
:( Oh well,
Koopa Troopa and Dry Bones
make me happy. And
Funky Kong
is a pretty hilarious and unexpected addition!

Oh, and I still think
FOUR FREAKING BABIES
is way WAY overkill... but I guess everyone feels the exact same way about it so there isn't much point in complaining anymore :p

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
If that list is to be believed, there are way too many characters in this imo, and I mean that aside from the fact that half of them are totally lame.

Of course, I think Smash Bros has too many characters as well.

Azuran

Banned
Baby fucking Daisy
making it over other characters killed this game for me. (Well, at some parts.)

No Dixie Kong
makes me sad man.

tim1138

MrCheez said:
Oh, and I still think
FOUR FREAKING BABIES
is way WAY overkill... but I guess everyone feels the exact same way about it so there isn't much point in complaining anymore :p

Oh god yes. Although I do think
Skeleton Bowser from NSMB
is a pretty funny addition.

Top Bottom