• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2007 Playoffs Thread: Now With 100% Less Mets and Frankman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemax

Banned
Enron said:
Not by much. He strikes out FAR too much, and hits for a paltry average every year. His career OPS+ is 107, which is basically average. All he'll do is hit 20 homers and get some steals. You aren't going after Mike Cameron for his offense, that's for sure.

But the point is you said he's WORTHLESS with the bat. This is worthless with the bat:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/e/erstada01.shtml

This is league average:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/camermi01.shtml

I'm not saying he's a stud hitter but to call him worthless when guys like Darrin Erstad are still given starting jobs is pretty wrong.

Triumph

Banned
Wellington said:
Has anyone mentioned that the Yankees are the only team to return to the post-season from last year?

Pretty sick.
I knew there was 100% turnover in the NL, but now that you mention it yeah, it did turn out that way.

TOO BAD YOU'LL NEVER HAVE THE BRAVES RECORD OF 14 STRAIGHT DIVISION TITLES, THOUGH!

ToxicAdam

Wellington said:
Has anyone mentioned that the Yankees are the only team to return to the post-season from last year?

Pretty sick.

Parity, bitches!

---

I have returned from the future and have seen Game 3 already:

22yankees583.jpg

Wellington said:

Pretty sick.

It is truly remarkable that they were able to battle the adversity of having a $200 million payroll, playing in the same division as the D-Rays and Orioles, and having the best all around player in baseball. I think i hear Joe Torre starting to tear up...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Ninja Scooter said:
It is truly remarkable that they were able to battle the adversity of having a $200 million payroll, playing in the same division as the D-Rays and Orioles, and having the best all around player in baseball. I think i hear Joe Torre starting to tear up...

You gotta love the underdog.....

Triumph said:
Sorry, Juice. But it had to be done, for great justice.
It's alright. My first post would've been the same no matter what the thread was called.

I'll throw my predictions in here tomorrow morning.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Sad to see the regular season thread go.

I am firmly on the Phillies bandwagon. I don't like any of the AL teams, so if the Phillies fall I'll have to switch to the Rockies.

When they both fail I will hate baseball.

Joe

Ninja Scooter said:
at least you don't sound bitter

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ninja Scooter said:

It is pretty impressive, I agree.

TDG

Banned
Man, I cannot wait for Thursday...
I'm a huge Indians fan, and I've been waiting for the return to the playoffs for a long time.

I'm not sure how confident I feel. The Indians are really streaky, and their hitting is super inconsistent. We have Carmona and Sabathia who are great pitchers, but you never know what we'll get from the other starters, or from Borowski. And of course, the Tribe did go 0-6 against the Yankees during the season.

...I miss the '90s.

Culex

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:

It's more remarkable that they had the best second half of any team in either league, considering they were written out of the playoffs by the end of May.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
ALDS:
Boston over Angels in 4
Cleveland over Yankees in 4

NLDS:
Cubs over D-backs in 4
Rockies over Phillies ( doesn't deserve in the playoffs not the better team at all) in 3

LCS:
Boston over Cleveland in 5
Cubs over Rockies in 6

WS:
Boston over Cubs in 5

Ninja Scooter said:

Yes, because spending huge money guarantees the postseason. Just ask the 2006 Red Sox or the 2007 Mets or every Orioles team after 1997 or the 2007 Dodgers!

Also, my avatar is ready to roll for postseason.

You will all be crushed under the might of KID WONDERFUL!

LDS

Rockies vs. Mets: oh wait...my bad
Rockies vs. Phillies: Phillies
Cubs vs. DBacks: DBacks
Yanks vs. Indians: Indians
Angels vs. Red Sox: Red Sox

LCS
Phillies vs. DBacks: DBacks
Indians vs. Red Sox: Red Sox

WS
DBacks vs. Red Sox: Red Sox

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Eminem said:
Sad to see the regular season thread go.

I am firmly on the Phillies bandwagon. I don't like any of the AL teams, so if the Phillies fall I'll have to switch to the Rockies.

When they both fail I will hate baseball.

How can you hate the Red Sox? They have the new grittiest player in baseball on their roster!

DUSTIN PEDROIA. GRIT INCARNATE.

ToxicAdam said:
I wonder if the Red Sox know they are facing CC Sabathia in the first game.

Gee, CC looks a lot different since I last saw him. When did he turn white and gain an extra chromosome?

Dr. Strangelove said:
How can you hate the Red Sox? They have the new grittiest player in baseball on their roster!

DUSTIN PEDROIA. GRIT INCARNATE.

Gee, CC looks a lot different since I last saw him. When did he turn white and gain an extra chromosome?

I'd say the fact that Pedroia is balding VERY quickly at the age of 24 takes away from some of his GRIT, a man with GRIT is a man with hair all over his body including the top of his head.

Also, on campus today I've seen 7 people in Red Sox shirts (not including myself) and 1 Indians shirt. I should mention my school is in the middle of Michigan...long live Red Sox Nation. :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Red Sox Nation is actually pretty accurate in political science terms to define what the delusional sox fans have crafted as their imagined community.

This "president" of Red Sox Nation bullshit is what's funny.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I just can't see the Yanks going far with their pen, and it seems almost like clockwork that the offense goes cold in game 2.

Indians over Yankees in 5 (I really was gonna pick the Yankees, but Steve Philips...)
Red Sox over Angels in 4
Cubs over D-Backs in 4
Phillies over Rockies in 5

Indians over Red Sox in 6
Phillies over Cubs in 5

Indians over Phillies in 6

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't want anyone to pick the Yankees. This is the first time in a while the Yanks are the definite underdogs. I like the attention being off us for a change.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Qwerty710710 said:
Hey, dumbass your piece of shit Braves weren't even close to the playoffs so shut the fuck up.

I'd rather see the White Sox finish as they did than have the biggest collapse in history.

Maybe that's just me, though.

Seriously, stop being so defensive and get over it. Mets blew it, deal with it. You don't see any other Mets fans piling on when someone makes fun of them. Just because our teams didn't make the play-offs doesn't mean we can't laugh at a terrible collapse.

I need to go into the NFL thread, and anytime Grossman or Griese gets mentioned I should retort with "Shut the fuck up you assholes, I didn't see your team in the Superbowl last year."

Enron

Banned
Qwerty710710 said:
Hey, dumbass your piece of shit Braves weren't even close to the playoffs so shut the fuck up.

I think every one of Qwerty's posts in the last week have included the word "dumbass" or "fuck" in them.

:lol :lol

Enron

Banned
Triumph said:
Sweet! Scored the sticky!

Also, gotta say that I'm neither surprised nor broken up over the Andruw thing. Wish him the best, but it was time to move on IMO.

Yes, but are you HAPPY?

God knows i am.

Triumph

Banned
Enron said:
Yes, but are you HAPPY?

God knows i am.
Well, it depends on what we do with his spot and the money we would have spent on him. I wouldn't be averse to signing an Aaron Rowand type player who can put up decent numbers, plays good defense and above all else has some FIRE. This group of players is a little complacent imo. I don't think we should sign Torii Hunter, as that much money is better spent on pitching. Also, no Mike Cameron please. Just put Brandon Jones out there if you're gonna do that, or move Frency to center and put BJ in right.

Also, qwerty is a retard.

pollo

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I don't want anyone to pick the Yankees. This is the first time in a while the Yanks are the definite underdogs. I like the attention being off us for a change.

qft'ed

ToxicAdam

Triumph said:
Well, it depends on what we do with his spot and the money we would have spent on him. I wouldn't be averse to signing an Aaron Rowand type player who can put up decent numbers, plays good defense and above all else has some FIRE. This group of players is a little complacent imo. I don't think we should sign Torii Hunter, as that much money is better spent on pitching. Also, no Mike Cameron please. Just put Brandon Jones out there if you're gonna do that, or move Frency to center and put BJ in right.

Also, qwerty is a retard.

How about Kenny Lofton? He'd only cost about 5 million for one year.

Reggie Sanders would be a good choice too .. but he gets hurt too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom