• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Interest Thread

GCQuinton

NCAAFootball13Cover.jpg

Can't believe this will be my FIFTH year of doing this. How time flies. Just like last year, I'm beating E3 to the punch and getting this thread up now.

Links of Note:

Official NCAA Football 12 "League A" Online Dynasty Thread (Rules from this league will carry over, so be sure to check them out!)

NCAA Football 12 First Annual "League A" End of Year Awards

Team Prestige and Ratings List:

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/ncaa-13-team-ratings.78725/

Frequenty Asked Stuff:

- The game comes out on July 10th. The demo's out now!
- This is an Xbox 360 league.
- This is a 12 member league. That's EA's limit, not mine so yell at them. See the lists below for more details. Long story short, if you're interested just post!
-This dynasty is, and for the most part always has been, run career style. Meaning EVERYBODY starts off with teams having three stars or less of prestige and builds them up. There's been some talk of actually wanting to LOWER that this year, but we can discuss that here as well. I took Army from a one star school to a six star one in '12, so it can happen!
- For this league's official rules, see the rules from our NCAA '12 League OP (see above for link).
- At full capacity, it usually takes us a little over a month to complete a season. Strict deadlines ensure the pace doesn't down.
- Last year's league lasted TEN seasons, a record for any GAF sports league I'm sure of, and we're looking to match that this year.
- Last season we played on default All-American difficulty with six minute quarters. That seemed to present the best balance before most of the member teams got good, so we're tentatively sticking with that. It's definitely cyclical, so it can change depending on circumstances.
- We do indeed utilize custom conferences. That said, we make no changes to anything in Season One and anything after that is in the best interests of competition after I and the respective conference member(s) sign off on it. We moved a few teams around last season, but mainly as a result of the aforementioned or real life situations.

Other Stuff:

As was just mentioned above, this league will be around for a while so we like people that plan on being active for multiple seasons. If this league is nothing but a time killer for you until Madden comes out, DON'T sign up.

Selected Vets With First Pass At Open Spots:

Just like last year, if you're still in simply post to let me know. I've already seen several people in the NCAA '12 OD thread saying they'll be unavailable at various points, but again as you should know by now, that's what Autopilot is for. If it's going to be a REALLY long time and you won't be able to start with us in July, just let me know and I'll just add you to the eventual waiting list.

Newbies:

Every year since 2008, we've been lucky to gain some reliable new guys that go on to become vets and I hope that's the case this year as well. Like the vets, if you're interested in joining, just post! If we're only down to one or a few remaining spots, the newbie that's the most active in this thread will get the spot.

EEK Tha Cat (SMU)
BabeSlayer (Utah State)
Liquidsnake
Marleyman

Member List (With Preferred Team/s, If Possible):

1. GCQuinton (NC State)
2. Striker (Ohio)
3. BPH (Minnesota)
4. Az (Kansas State)
5. Nightz (San Diego State)
6. BigAT (Rutgers)
7. BabeSlayer (Utah State)
8. storybook77 (Kansas)
9. KanZolo (Eastern Michigan, Ole Miss, Houston, Maryland)
10. mik (Baylor, Texas Tech)
11. EEK Tha Cat (SMU)
12. Ramirez (Kentucky, Louisville)

We're full!

Waiting List:

Righty10

Let's roll!

I'm in. Like I said, having a baby towards the end of the summer so I don't know how that will affect my schedule (they sleep a lot the first few months, right?)

I'll have to see the team/player ratings before I choose a team. I need that speedy back for my offense to hum.

Nightz

In. I'll have to see ratings as well, but San Diego State and Cal would be at the top of the list as usual.

GCQuinton

Looks like we may be reaching full capacity soon, just as I thought. Still, there's likely still going to be an open spot or two so if any new guys are interested just post!

GCQuinton

We got all the news we're getting on NCAA at this point. I'm good with it, though. Thankfully it sounds like Madden's caught up on the franchise/dynasty side of things.

I think I'm gonna skip this year. Don't want to play two football games with different physics engines really. And now that madden is done right. Won't have time for two leagues anyways once I move. Throw me on the waiting list though just in case Madden ends up bombing.

BigAT

-the ESPN studio stuff looks pretty good
-you can still throw to receivers who "aren't ready" (haven't had their icon fully lit) but it seems to be less effective, still catchable though. I was under the impression that these receivers would be "off" and unable to be thrown to based on that one video.
-new animation after the catching the ball, it kind of seems smoother and that receivers keep their speed better after catching (at least the good ones on Alabama)
-new, odd looking punt return formations
-I don't know what the deal is with the cancel play action functionality, but I couldn't get it to work after several attempts. I guess it really isn't much, just a slightly quicker animation than usual.
-it seems like zone defense is built to shadow man coverage a lot more. As an example, coming out in a dime cover 2 sink zone against trips WRs on one side, all 3 CBs go to cover them instead of the normal 2 on each side that would be in the base defense.
-some of the medium zones for LBs are REALLY deep, almost certainly too deep for what they should be.

GCQuinton

Dat TCU-West Virginia game! Liking the studio updates. Definitely feels more "alive" than any other version of the game for sure.

Lighting looks great.

One of my guys outran his pull and wound up missing the block before trying to get back on track. Sucked for the play, but was cool to see.

GCQuinton

I'd like to join as SMU, if possible. I'm very reliable in league play as I am online every night.

I'm going to tentatively give you a spot since I like adding new blood each year, but make sure read up on the rules from the NCAA '12 OP and stay involved in this thread!

And welcome back, mik! And sorry to see ya go, Drizz!

One spot left!

EEK Tha Cat

Neo Member
If SMU is a 3 star team and you get the invite to our league, could be a potential rival if I choose NT
Safeway Bowl!
Hopefully so..
I'm going to tentatively give you a spot since I like adding new blood each year, but make sure read up on the rules from the NCAA '12 OP and stay involved in this thread!
I won't disappoint. I'm the guy who wants to play as soon as the week is advanced because I can't get into ranked games. No substance.

KanZolo

Is there a limit on team ranking or just prestige?

Teams I'm interested in: eastern Michigan, owl MISS, Houston, maryland

BigAT

I know it's early, but any thoughts on what we're doing with conference alignment? Following the real moves that are already setup for the next couple of years? Saying fuck it and just doing what we want?

Nightz

Did they change the way ratings are calculated? There are some 2* programs that are rated in the low 80's, and 3* schools who are in the mid-high 80's (edit: NC State is 3* and rated a 91!). Seems a little high to me.

Anyway, I think I'll be rolling with SDSU.

KanZolo

Prestige isn't directly related to rankings/team talent. Teams have even to be consistently good (in real life) for a couple years to get a bump in prestige.

Ie. A team could over achieve previous year and return a bunch of seniors so they'll be ranked high but it won't change the perception of the team/university in the public/recruits eyes.

KanZolo

I know it's early, but any thoughts on what we're doing with conference alignment? Following the real moves that are already setup for the next couple of years? Saying fuck it and just doing what we want?
Don't get CWS started on this already...

MrCWS83

GCQ, tentatively put me down for K State please. Still need to see if they have a running back worth a shit before I say for sure.
I seen they're a loaded 3 star team. Enjoy that right off the bat. I'm running with Northwestern, hoping BPH sticks with Goldy Gopher

MrCWS83

I was going to ask/suggest that, doesn't seem fair some teams have such an edge right off the bat albeit they're "prestige" is equal

GCQuinton

As much fun as I had with Army last year, it's time to move on....

ncstate_logo.jpg

It'll be a combination of both like last year. I've gotta go hunt down a list of all the changes coming, but aside from those it's just like we did last year (also in the OP): only for competition's sake.

Nothing has changed here, folks. It's just prestige. It's always been like that to give people the ability to start with a solid, but not yet overly powerful team if they want. Nobody's holding a gun to your head to make you pick a sub three star school, so it's completely fair. You make that choice at your own risk.

Top Bottom