• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Interest Thread

KanZolo

The EMU coach was defensive coordinator for Uofm, would that give me an edge to get to Michigan or do I need to create a coach?

MrCWS83

Today I might be ornery and hit ya with 1,2,3,4 mo consecutive posts

Edit: I just read the hands on preview on operation sports. I posted a question to the recruiting, it mentions a QB being drafted #4 overall and improving your pro potential pitch. So my question is there a simulated draft or does the game go by overall ratings of the positional players that are outgoing seniors and underclassmen that leave for the NFL?

GCQuinton

I'm guessing the game does a mock draft behind the scenes and that plays into their decision. They show all that in the Players Leaving section if the draft is the reason they're leaving.

Ramirez

Put me on the waiting list as UK again. I really enjoyed the 1st season last year, just hope we don't have to wait over a month for a patch to hit this year. I think I also read the controls are 1:1 with Madden now? That will help me a lot...

GCQuinton

Ram was the last guy on the vet list and he's on the waiting list, so that last spot is still open for now unless he officially takes it. One more month to go!

GCQuinton

Does this mean if Drizzler doesn't want in, then I get it? I'm confused.

That's what it means. Unless you officially say you're in, then you go to the waiting list as you requested and I'll go to that as needed for reserves down the line.

BabeSlayer, you wouldn't be able to start off with BYU in this league. Read the OP to find out why. I'd suggest going over to FMT's league if you want them, though.

Liquidsnake (and BabeSlayer if he picks another team), I'll add you to the newbies list. The person that's the most active in this thread before we start the league will get that last open spot if it's still open. Otherwise, I'll just add you to the waiting list.

Ramirez

That's what it means. Unless you officially say you're in, then you go to the waiting list as you requested and I'll go to that as needed for reserves down the line.

Oh, well in that case, I'm officially in. I only said put me on the waiting list because I assumed Drizz had the last spot on lock. :p

BabeSlayer, you wouldn't be able to start off with BYU in this league. Read the OP to find out why. I'd suggest going over to FMT's league if you want them, though.

Liquidsnake (and BabeSlayer if he picks another team), I'll add you to the newbies list. The person that's the most active in this thread before we start the league will get that last open spot if it's still open. Otherwise, I'll just add you to the waiting list.

Maybe i'm missing it, but the only thing i'm seeing is the 3 star prestige rule...you realize BYU is a 4 star team right? Also their being independent means it will be a lot easier to schedule desired match ups in later seasons.

If i'm missing something let me know. Happy to pick another team...well not happy but i'll do it :D Would just really like to play as my Cougars :p

Ok just realized the rule was the exact opposite of what I thought lol. Sorry about that. Ok I'll have to look around for a weaker team... Speaking of is there room for me or am I gonna be on a waiting list?

Ramirez

I also like the idea of everyone starting out with a 1 or 2 star team as well, could be interesting.

Oh, ok Drizz. Then I guess I'm in?

Now that I actually understand the 3 star rule (lol sorry about that) my pick would be Utah State GO AGGIES! (they are predicted to be a 2 star school I believe)

GCQuinton

Alright, Ram just occupied the last spot so we're officially full...for now, that is!

To all the newbies, my only suggestion to you guys is to keep posting and stay active in this thread for now. Eek Tha Cat may have the traditional newbie spot for now, but that could change if he or any other guy on the member list goes AWOL between now and when the game comes out.

And since Ram brought it up again, I'll officially throw it out to all the current league members to vote on: Do you want to drop the prestige to 2 stars or less for this year? I'm cool with sticking to 3, but if we do this guy's headed back to West Point!

GCQuinton

Just out of curiosity has player level been capped or do you only allow a few newbies a year?

We usually have a good amount of vets that come back each year, so if we do have any open spots I'll give a few newbies a shot. Same goes when people drop throughout the dynasty. That said, there are a lot of newbies who say they're interested then drop off of the face of the earth so my own little way of screening their interest is seeing how many of them actually stick around in the thread.

We usually have a good amount of vets that come back each year, so if we do have any open spots I'll give a few newbies a shot. Same goes when people drop throughout the dynasty. That said, there are a lot of newbies who say they're interested then drop off of the face of the earth so my own little way of screening their interest is seeing how many of them actually stick around in the thread.

Fair enough. I'll stick around, anyone ever stream their matches? That could be fun.

KanZolo

Probably in minority but I like 1 or 2 star teams.

Also, I don't like having my games streamed, I'd make an exception for national championship game

I wouldn't like being the one streaming, because then people could see what plays I'm picking, but I don't mind playing in a game someone else is streaming.

Striker

I don't mind either way.

3* is okay but there's some strong ones this year. Were in previous years too, guilty picking one in PITT.

Nightz

I'd prefer 3* since my schools of choice are that prestige and I'd like to stay put at one school for once lol. However I'd be ok with 2* if that's what everyone else prefers.

Ramirez

So, I played the demo today for the first time. Has strafe changed this year? I went into the options and turned auto strafe off, but hitting the L trigger never made my guy square up, it made manual D about impossible. I'm hoping it's just a demo thing... :|

MrCWS83

Edit: My official vote is to start with 2 stars or less

I'd prefer we start with 1 or 2 star teams because some 3 star teams look pretty strong by the overall numbers. I didn't keep a tally but I can tell that didn't add up to 12 and a majority didn't shut it down

Looks like a few want to drop down to 2 or 1 and others staggered saying they didn't mind
BPH, Owl, and I for 2 stars...Striker on the fence, GCQ, Nightz, you didn't sound comepletely against it...BigAT against it keeping him from Rutgers, understandable

GCQuinton

So, I played the demo today for the first time. Has strafe changed this year? I went into the options and turned auto strafe off, but hitting the L trigger never made my guy square up, it made manual D about impossible. I'm hoping it's just a demo thing... :|

EDIT: Oops, read that wrong. I'll check it out later, but I haven't had any problems with it.

Edit: My official vote is to start with 2 stars or less

I'd prefer we start with 1 or 2 star teams because some 3 star teams look pretty strong by the overall numbers. I didn't keep a tally but I can tell that didn't add up to 12 and a majority didn't shut it down

Looks like a few want to drop down to 2 or 1 and others staggered saying they didn't mind
BPH, Owl, and I for 2 stars...Striker on the fence, GCQ, Nightz, you didn't sound comepletely against it...BigAT against it keeping him from Rutgers, understandable

We're staying at three stars. The ratings situation is no different than it was last year and everybody did fine.

Striker

I'm not against it, neither. But at the same time, I know others do like using 3* because of specific teams.

Planned on using Ohio, a 2*, for a while now. Nothing to do with the 3* rule at all.

I am not sure if you can or can't anymore but I know the pass defense is suppose to be such an improvement that you shouldn't "have to" so to speak.

MrCWS83

I'll officially throw it out to all the current league members to vote on: Do you want to drop the prestige to 2 stars or less for this year? I'm cool with sticking to 3, but if we do this guy's headed back to West Point!
So it never really went up to vote, you're putting the clamps down on 3 star programs and that's it or....
are you willing to actually see if enough members are interested in 2 stars?

I'm not trying to stir trouble it's just that some have shown interest and a few have not, either way it wasn't everyone as a body. I'm speaking out to get a definitive answer and result. Thanks

GCQuinton

So it never really went up to vote, you're putting the clamps down on 3 star programs and that's it or....
are you willing to actually see if enough members are interested in 2 stars?

I'm not trying to stir trouble it's just that some have shown interest and a few have not, either way it wasn't everyone as a body. I'm speaking out to get a definitive answer and result. Thanks

GCQ - 3
KZ - 1/2
Az - 3 (he's mentioned this repeatedly when brought up the last two dynasties)
AT - 3 (wants his team, Rutgers)
Striker - 3
Nightz - 3
BPH - 3
Eek Tha Cat - 3 (wants his team, SMU)
CWS - 1/2

That's seven votes to keep it. Majority rules, so I didn't need the other five votes but I'm pretty sure they're good with three, too. Three star rule stays in place. In this case, the "some" you mentioned is officially now only two people, you and KanZolo.

MrCWS83

GCQ - 3
KZ - 1/2
Az - 3 (he's mentioned this repeatedly when brought up the last two dynasties)
AT - 3 (wants his team, Rutgers)
Striker - 3
Nightz - 3
BPH - 3
Eek Tha Cat - 3 (wants his team, SMU)
CWS - 1/2

That's seven votes to keep it. Majority rules, so I didn't need the other five votes but I'm pretty sure they're good with three, too. Three star rule stays in place. In this case, the "some" you mentioned is officially now only two people, you and KanZolo.
BPH caved early, knowing him he'd prefer 1/2, some people said 1/2 and they didn't care either way. Mute point oh well

GCQuinton

BPH caved early, knowing him he'd prefer 1/2, some people said 1/2 and they didn't care either way, ultimately you're taking the swing vote as 3 stars. I'd rather everyone post the number they prefer to all start at but we'll likely just do it your way as usual

You're making a bigger deal out of this than what it is, but nobody's making you stay if you that's how you see it.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I prefer three-star schools.

And fucking hell, how is BYU a four-star school still? HOW?

I prefer three-star schools.

And fucking hell, how is BYU a four-star school still? HOW?

Your kidding me right?

edit* sorry I can't let this go

Since 2005 when Mendenhall took over: 6-6, 11-2, 11-2, 10-3, 11-2, 7-6, 10-3

in case your wondering thats 7 for 7 bowl games for BYU since Mendenhall has taken over. I'm sorry but if that is not 4 start prestige I don't know what is......

Ramirez

I am not sure if you can or can't anymore but I know the pass defense is suppose to be such an improvement that you shouldn't "have to" so to speak.

I noticed if I barely pressed the stick he would stay in a strafe position without me holding the trigger. I'm assuming this is how auto strafe works and maybe turning it off does nothing in the demo. Factor in the lag of online play and playing manual LB would br nigh impossible with how it was working for me.

Anyone else notice anything?

Top Bottom