• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Yep, it's that time again friends. Time for another season. I'm switching over to this thread because we have the lineup, for all intents and purposes, set. I will be posting some slight rule adjustments (goodbye Fair Play!) and some other interesting pieces of information in the coming days. But for now, lets move all conversation to this thread, including draft selections.

--------

1. Wasabi - Carolina Panthers
2. Hitokage - Seattle Seahawks
3. Miguel - Tampabay Buccaneers or someone else
4. Rorscharch - Raiders
5. Bird Bomb - Colts
6. MrBob - steelers
7. archaix - bengals
8. wellington - ?
9. dmczaf - ?
10. andokuky
11. sickboy
12. fmt
13. coldblooded
14. matrix
15. archaix's brother
16. ??????????????????

Rorschach

NOOOO FAIR PLAY I WILL MISS YOU!!!

Uh-Oh...wasabi as the panthers!! Hope I'm not in his division!

Birdbomb as the colts... buddy, it's not your offense that was lacking ;)

RAIDERS, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

[edit]Oh shit, Matrix...long bombs return :(

BirdBomb

Banned
Rorschach said:

umm...you can eat shit and die. you dont know me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BirdBomb said:
umm...you can eat shit and die. you dont know me.

Your gonna crash and burn like every other that has chosen the colts. Your better off choosing the browns

BirdBomb

Banned
Rorschach said:
Is this Denver?

do you see an *edit, this is denver* under it? nope. lol im jk neways. i know, ando told me that colts are cursed, and Colts D is and upgrade from Dallas D, plus huge O upgrade. if i deceide to change before league starts to falcons, is that an option? i prolly won't, jw.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
falcons are on the banned teams list :D

edit - the only exception being a REAL falcons hardcore fan, such as truelize.

Whoa There, What other teams are on that list?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:

MUHAHAHAHAHAAHA :lol

ps- Ive never played it on PS2 before,I could suck with the dual shock :(

Mrbob

OWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNZZZZZZZZZZZZZ0000000000000000RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDD.

FMT can't beat my steel curtain with his lowly niners!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If no one wants them,can I just get my usual Texans?

Mrbob

Matrix said:
If no one wants them,can I just get my usual Texans?

Probably because no one will want that stinky team. :D Unless, of course, I change my mind to take them just to spite you. ;) But I'll let you use cousin David. :)

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Probably because no one will want that stinky team. :D Unless, of course, I change my mind to take them just to spite you. ;) But I'll let you use cousin David. :)

Stinky team? 11-5 I was with this stinky ass team..dont hate,love!

Cousin David has missed me...I see Mig threw 32 ints with him,WHAT THE SHIT.

as you can see i'm counting last years leagues as well now. why not? anyways ill update in the coming weeks with updated all-time standings and awards.

past superbowl winners... :D

I. San Francisco 49ers (FMT)
II. New York Jets (FMT)
III. Kansas City Chiefs (Malleymal)
IV. New York Giants (Wellington)
V. Chicago Bears (MrBob)
VI. San Francisco 49ers (FMT)

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
as you can see i'm counting last years leagues as well now. why not? anyways ill update in the coming weeks with updated all-time standings and awards.

past superbowl winners... :D

I. San Francisco 49ers (FMT)
II. New York Jets (FMT)
III. Kansas City Chiefs (Malleymal)
IV. New York Giants (Wellington)
V. Chicago Bears (MrBob)
VI. San Francisco 49ers (FMT)

*Vomits*

also, the league will start on friday. enjoy the full range of stats from season 6 while you can. once i create a new "year", only the top 10 players in each category can be viewed.

please post the teams you want asap so i can get everything underway

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bobert has no soul. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Also, he's going down. Just because you went and spitefully chose the team that beat your ass out of the playoffs doesn't mean that it won't happen again with a different team.

guys, if anyone has preferences is regards to who they do or don't want to be in a division with, who they do or don't want to play, or any other requests PM me. i don't know if you don't tell me!

i already have the divisions set for the most part unless someone has issue with playing in player X's division (which i don't think there are any problems like that, but again how would i know)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, if anyone has preferences is regards to who they do or don't want to be in a division with, who they do or don't want to play, or any other requests PM me. i don't know if you don't tell me!

i already have the divisions set for the most part unless someone has issue with playing in player X's division (which i don't think there are any problems like that, but again how would i know)

I earned myself a spot in the Bobert/FMT division of doom with that crack about the 49ers not being quality opponents, didn't I?

Rorschach

Congrats, FMT.

I CALLED IT, BITCHES!!

Battle of the Bays superbowl and fmt as champ.

Moss is shooting for 2000 this season!

#18 WR Moss, Randy(Oakland Raiders) 76 Rec 1634Yards 21.5avg 7TDs 328 YAC 15DRP 91 Long

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I don't want to play FMT, Wellington, DMczaf, Matrix, Sickboy, or Wasabiking. kthx

I just want a season full of MiG

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Giants! Actually, if Sickboy would allow it I would take the Chargers. :D

PS: I won Super Bowl 4 with the Broncos. It should be noted that I went to super bowls 2,3, and 4 but lost in the first two!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob should not be allowed to use the Steelers. If he uses them, I call the Patriots. Top tier players (even though he barely qualifies as one) shouldn't be allowed to use teams like the Pats, Steelers, or the Colts.

Screw it, I'll take the Kansas City Chiefs!

And the Giants.

BirdBomb

Banned
Can we make some kind of exception to the "manual catching" rule? Like ando said in his game, it's kinda homo when your reciever is going on lets say an out, and since the all is close to the sideline, the receiver doesnt even make and attempt to catch the ball, when you could have easily switched to him and caught it. Manual streaking shouldn't be allowed, but but balls to the sidelines, and where if you don't take the reciever, then the defender has an easy pick should be allowed. "just my 2 cents"

p.s.....anyone wanna scrimmage?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
BirdBomb said:
Can we make some kind of exception to the "manual catching" rule? Like ando said in his game, it's kinda homo when your reciever is going on lets say an out, and since the all is close to the sideline, the receiver doesnt even make and attempt to catch the ball, when you could have easily switched to him and caught it. Manual streaking shouldn't be allowed, but but balls to the sidelines, and where if you don't take the reciever, then the defender has an easy pick should be allowed. "just my 2 cents"

p.s.....anyone wanna scrimmage?

If you're still around in a half hour or so, I'd like to get a game in with my new team(Thanks a lot, MrDeadtoMe)

BirdBomb

Banned
are we allowed to change teams before the league starts? If Wellington isn't taking them, then i might want to change to the Chiefs. I'm sorry, but 2 90+ RB's...can't pass that up.

I don't want to play ando...he always skunks me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I want the Chiefs. I can't wait to hitstick muthafuckas with Dante Hall!

For now. To be honest I really just thought about it on the drive in to work and figured they'd be worth a shot. If I could have until tonight to practice with them I could make a final decision. But really, their D is higher rated than the Giants, they have shitty receivers, but they have an awesome Oline and both Priest Holmes and LJ. :D Two great RBs worked quite well for me in Season 3 of Madden 05 with Willis McGahee and Travis Henry. ;)

That said, I don't think anyone would want the GMen. Take it from someone who has used them for a few years now, the only thing good about them is JShock and Barber out in the flats. Their D is a work in progress (secondary is shot), the Oline is garbage, and the receivers are old, slow, and can't catch for shit.

BUT I LOVE EM. :D

Mrbob

Ok Archaix is mad and CK is mad, I'll change my team so I don't get accused of cheesing. Archaix I put the Steelers on waivers if you want to use the current cheese team of Madden football. ;)

I'm changing my vote to Denver.

-this is denver btw

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm not mad about it, it's just BS. You pick the best team in the game, then you will claim that you are hot shit after you let your team sit back in zone coverage and own us all.

Kinda like what you did with the Bears. And you STILL weren't even close to the best D in the league. :lol

Mrbob

Ok fine I'm keeping the steelers and I will gloat IN YO FACE when I'm beating you with them. ;) I figure this is the final current gen madden league (CMON MADDEN 07 360 I BELIEVE IN YOU!) so now that I have the opportunity I'm going to try and go out with the best team in the league. :D

Of course, the last two times I've used other teams than the Bears I've fared significantly worse. So this could be a counter productive move on my part!

PS- My D showed up when it had too in the playoffs. 4 straight playoff victories boyeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

guys, relax about "not picking good teams". it has been proven time and again that it's not the team, it's the player and the way you call your game. for christ sake the 49ers won the superbowl. not bragging but honestly that is proof positive that rankings aren't the most important thing in this game.

i would prefer some definite answers on which teams anyone wants. from this point on, if you post a team you want, that is who you get and there is no turning back! :D

1. Wasabi - Carolina Panthers
2. Hitokage - Seattle Seahawks
3. Miguel - Tampabay Buccaneers
4. Rorscharch - Raiders
5. Bird Bomb - Colts
6. MrBob - steelers
7. archaix - bengals
8. wellington - Chiefs
9. dmczaf - ?
10. andokuky - ravens
11. sickboy - chargers
12. fmt
13. coldblooded
14. matrix - texans
15. archaix's brother
16. ??????????????????

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, relax about "not picking good teams". it has been proven time and again that it's not the team, it's the player and the way you call your game. for christ sake the 49ers won the superbowl. not bragging but honestly that is proof positive that rankings aren't the most important thing in this game.
I agree, even though I'm sure I lead the league in most dropped INTs. oh well, I'm prepared for that again... I think you should repost the rules once more, I think I totally screwed up one game but doing a DE rush on someone, lol.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I want Bob in my division, so I can crush the shit out of him. He won't have his garbage Bears anymore, and now I have an offense worth a crap, so I figure I will beat him 84-7. He scores his 7 in garbage time at the end.

This time I am taking things seriously. At the end of the season I lost sight of the fact that there was a game up for grabs, this time, I am focused on winning it all, just like in Madden 05!

AFC West
Wasabi
Matrix
Miguel
hitokage

AFC East
wellington
mrbob
MYSTERY CONTESTANT (waiting for another person to join! this isn't some type of threat!)
bird bomb

NFC West
fmt
andokuky
coldblooded
archaix

NFC East
rorscharch
archaix's brother
sickboy
dmczaf
--------------

tentative division layouts. they may or may not change before friday. still debating, but i think we'll be set.

p.s. passing cone is required. if you see at the beginning of the game that someone has turned their cone off, quit the game and let them know it needs to be on.

Matrix

Wellington said:
I want Bob in my division, so I can crush the shit out of him. He won't have his garbage Bears anymore, and now I have an offense worth a crap, so I figure I will beat him 84-7. He scores his 7 in garbage time at the end.

This time I am taking things seriously. At the end of the season I lost sight of the fact that there was a game up for grabs, this time, I am focused on winning it all, just like in Madden 05!

*gulp*

AFC West looks good.Ive never played Wasabi,Hitokage or Mig *in madden atleast* before.

Mig get ready to see a side of Cousin David you have never seen before.If I suck with the dual shock,yes I will feel stupid.

Top Bottom