• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Those rules are outdated!

BTW, I don't think I have a problem with having a side/flats exception to the manual WR rule. Jetpacking is almost mandatory in quick out passes because the CB will step over the line for an easy pick. Maybe I'm not considering something, but that's how I feel at this point.

Matrix: You got thrown in with the first draft picks. ;)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wellington said:
Man, fuck the Jetpacking. I can understand by mistake, but don't be assholes.

It's easier to ban it altogether though than have people arguing over whether they are guilty or not.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hitokage said:
Those rules are outdated!

BTW, I don't think I have a problem with having a side/flats exception to the manual WR rule. Jetpacking is almost mandatory in quick out passes because the CB will step over the line for an easy pick. Maybe I'm not considering something, but that's how I feel at this point.

Matrix: You got thrown in with the first draft picks. ;)

:lol

Well atleast you guys have played the PS2 version.I'm the ultimate PS2 madden noob.

BirdBomb

Banned
anything besides passes where your QB is hit, and the ball goes flying off should be banned...i know i threw a few picks like that

BirdBomb

Banned
"AFC East
wellington
mrbob
MYSTERY CONTESTANT (waiting for another person to join! this isn't some type of threat!)
bird bomb"

Aww, go ahead and chalk up 4 losses on my record...well...maybe i can beat wellington, CHEIFS HAVE NO SECONDARY HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA...well, outside of surtain atleast

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I got news for you compadre, the Chiefs have a better secondary than the Giants. And they are taller to combat your jump passes.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WasabiKing said:
It's really not that different IMO. Just some adjustments you need to make

Cool,hopefully I can get a few practice games in before the league starts.

Fmt said it could take me like 5 games to get used to it.

"I got news for you compadre, the Chiefs have a better secondary than the Giants. And they are taller to combat your jump passes."

:lol The drama is full force!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just finished a practice game with Archaix. Me likes. :D

The running game wasn't as potent as I had hoped, oh well.

Matrix: I found it is harder to run in this version for whatever reason. :shrug:

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I pick the Houston Texans!

I'll show Mig how it's done.

Do you want to die a slow death? >_<

"Matrix: I found it is harder to run in this version for whatever reason. :shrug:"

Oh joy :( Then again thats not a huge part of my game,but I did get better at running the last couple of xbox seasons.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Blame Miguel!

Cousin David belongs to me.

"You cant have me Dm"
Carr1.jpg

You were too slow anyway Dm...

FMT:
"i would prefer some definite answers on which teams anyone wants. from this point on, if you post a team you want, that is who you get and there is no turnin"

;)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Matrix said:
Cousin David belongs to me.

"You cant have me Dm"
Carr1.jpg

You were too slow anyway Dm...

FMT:
"i would prefer some definite answers on which teams anyone wants. from this point on, if you post a team you want, that is who you get and there is no turnin"

;)

Somehow I don't think that FMT meant you could claim a team as yours before your spot on the draft came around.

DMczaf

Archaix said:
Somehow I don't think that FMT meant you could claim a team as yours before your spot on the draft came around.

Ok Matrix, ill let the baby have his bottle!

qe2_andrew_baby_catherine_bottle-dsc00109.jpg

I pick the NY Jets

Matrix

Archaix said:

True,but the Texans were always reserved for me in the previous leagues and if Mig doesnt want them again,its just retarded that DM should get them only because he wants to get back at Mig for taking the Bucs.

I mean if someone really wants the Texans that isnt Dm I wouldnt have a problem.

:lol I'm a cute baby Dm...thanks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wow, i was actually gonna pick the chargers if it got to me since i liked playing with LT in the first season. But alas, they are gone. And Since i know FMT isnt picking the Eagles, Ill roll with them!

BirdBomb

Banned
Wellington said:
I got news for you compadre, the Chiefs have a better secondary than the Giants. And they are taller to combat your jump passes.

Oh well, now i have a better D to combat your 3rd down pass to your TE

1. Wasabi - Carolina Panthers
2. Hitokage - Seattle Seahawks
3. Miguel - Tampabay Buccaneers or someone else
4. Rorscharch - Raiders
5. Bird Bomb - Colts
6. MrBob - steelers
7. archaix - bengals
8. wellington - chiefs
9. dmczaf - jets
10. andokuky - ravens
11. sickboy - chargers
12. fmt - redskins
13. coldblooded - eagles
14. matrix - texans
15. archaix's brother - giants (can we get this account approved? or should he say "btw this is ny"?)
16. ??????????????????

CB3

Ooo your rolling with the redskins. I was actually thinking of rolling with them

again i must stress that those division layouts are not permanent yet. the more i look at them the more i see changes can be made for better balance.

BirdBomb

Banned
Yeah, i mean...i played you, lost. Played wellington not once, not twice, but trice, lost all 3. Played bob, got pwned.. i upgraded my team, but so did all 3 of you...i'd rather be in a div. with ando than u 3...

CB3

BirdBomb said:
lol, who is that, KG? that was a perfectly timed pic, goodjob

Yeah, KG and Marbury.

FMT- Im actually surprised you didnt stick me with CK like everyother time :lol

Andokuky

Banned
BirdBomb said:
Yeah, i mean...i played you, lost. Played wellington not once, not twice, but trice, lost all 3. Played bob, got pwned.. i upgraded my team, but so did all 3 of you...i'd rather be in a div. with ando than u 3...

Grow a pair pansy. You got to beat the best to be the best :lol

I am having serious second thoughts about my pick. It seems Kyle Boller must have 51 seconds of unpressured time in the pocket and a WR with atleast 20 yards of seperation in order to fire off a decent pass. He can't even complete a simple out pass, Jesus Christ. I will make due though, guess my passing game will be back to season 5 form. Todd Jesus Heap will help though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. Wasabi - Carolina Panthers
2. Hitokage - Seattle Seahawks
3. Miguel - Tampabay Buccaneers or someone else
4. Rorscharch - Raiders
5. Bird Bomb - Colts
6. MrBob - steelers
7. archaix - bengals
8. wellington - chiefs
9. dmczaf - jets
10. andokuky - ravens
11. sickboy - chargers
12. fmt - redskins
13. coldblooded - eagles
14. matrix - texans
15. archaix's brother - giants (can we get this account approved? or should he say "btw this is ny"?)
16. ??????????????????

He actually hasn't applied for an account(nor has he used mine). He's fine communicating via IM. If that is a problem for anybody, I'll get him to sign up. I know SickBoy doesn't have AIM, so I suppose it may be a problem.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BirdBomb said:

Hrm, our last game:

Giants 3/5 on third down
Burress 5 receptions 62 yards
Toomer 5 receptions 65 yards 2 TDs
Shockey 4 receptions 63 yards

Yeah, I really needed Shockey there. Try stopping me on second down before complaining about third down.

As far as your team selection goes, you can't get too much better than the Cowboys, someone you thought your weakness was offense. :lol I put up 116 on you in 3 games. :lol

In fact, Shockey was never the leading receiver in our games. Can't say the same for you and Witten.

PS: Gonzo > Shockey > Witten.

Andokuky

Banned
Jesus Christ, the game is like your passion. He plays league games and that's about it. You're better, we get it. You two can stop cat fighting now :lol Your TE's lead both your teams in catching if I remember correctly. Cheese on both accounts!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
Jesus Christ, the game is like your passion. He plays league games and that's about it. You're better, we get it. You two can stop cat fighting now :lol Your TE's lead both your teams in catching if I remember correctly. Cheese on both accounts!

Wrong, Burress led my team in receptions!

I'm not taking it seriously, but it will spice things up when he and I eventually play. :lol It's all in good fun!

Matrix

Ck is Madden jr.

I wish EA would hire FMT and Ck to help make future Madden games.

BirdBomb

Banned
Witten led my team with receptions, but Johnson had more yards, Witten had 1 more TD than Johnson and Glenn, both with 7 i believe.

Besides, when you're the cowboys, if you can't tell by the # of times you killed drew, you have .01343526247374373 seconds to get a pass off. TE is the easiest option. But with the Giantqueers, you have a good line, a good RB, and a fast WR to get open...CASE CLOSED I WIN! W00T. seeya in the reg. season.

AFC West
Wasabi
Matrix
Miguel
archaix's brother

AFC East
wellington
mrbob
MYSTERY CONTESTANT (waiting for another person to join! this isn't some type of threat!)
bird bomb

NFC West
fmt
andokuky
coldblooded
sickboy

NFC East
rorscharch
hitokage
archaix
dmczaf

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, relax about "not picking good teams". it has been proven time and again that it's not the team, it's the player and the way you call your game. for christ sake the 49ers won the superbowl. not bragging but honestly that is proof positive that rankings aren't the most important thing in this game.

i would prefer some definite answers on which teams anyone wants. from this point on, if you post a team you want, that is who you get and there is no turning back! :D
Fine, then, I'll take the pats!

NFC East
rorscharch
archaix's brother
sickboy
dmczaf
OMG that's a load of BULLSHIT!

[edit] Oh crap, new division set...

rorscharch
hitokage
archaix
dmczaf
...did dm bribe you? DAMNIT!

Matrix

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Chiefs are awesome. Their DTs are better than the Giants DTs, which really frees up my play as the DE. The LBs are a hair better than the Giants, so they are more effective in coverage and are better pass rushers. Even the secondary is better. The weakness was supposed to be their Dline but since I naturally play that spot anyway it's almost nullified. :)

LJ is a fucking monster. I stiff armed Osi umenyiora last night with no problem. :lol

BirdBomb

Banned
i'll predict myself as ......11-5. i'll take 1 game out of wellingtion, and 1 out of bob. FMT will school me...i'll make wildcard, win my 1st game, lost in the conf. champ.

BirdBomb

Banned
AFC West
Wasabi (9-7)
Matrix (4-12)
Miguel (5-11)
archaix's brother (7-9)

AFC East
wellington (10-6)
mrbob (12-4)
MYSTERY CONTESTANT (waiting for another person to join! this isn't some type of threat!) (0-16, dunno who it is)
bird bomb (11-5)

NFC West
fmt (11-5)
andokuky (10-6)
coldblooded (8-8)
sickboy (7-9)

NFC East
rorscharch (9-7)
hitokage (8-8)
archaix (10-6)
dmczaf (12-4)

SB WINNER - FMT

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
BirdBomb said:
As I said in last season's thread... if you couldn't get it done with a 96 SS and a couple 90+ LBs, then what makes you think another team will be better? :p

Matrix

4-12? :lol

Worst record in the league...ok we will see about that.

Top Bottom