• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL Offseason Thread of LOL Leafs and other loser teams in memory of Manics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Coins said:
If any of you have DirecTV and like hockey, read on.

Call up and do the "I want to cancel" option. You will be redirected to customer retention. Tell them you are a huge hockey fan and that you want to switch to Dish Network as they have Versus and offered to give you NHL Center Ice for free as an incentive to switch. DirecTV will offer to give you Center Ice for free to stay as a customer. Profit.

Both my dad and I did this, and theres a big post on HFBoards about it working as well. I guess DirecTV is really under orders to keep customers through this whole Versus thing.

I love customer retention plans. Might try this with Starchoice for shiggles.

Marvie_3

Banned
Coins said:
If any of you have DirecTV and like hockey, read on.

Call up and do the "I want to cancel" option. You will be redirected to customer retention. Tell them you are a huge hockey fan and that you want to switch to Dish Network as they have Versus and offered to give you NHL Center Ice for free as an incentive to switch. DirecTV will offer to give you Center Ice for free to stay as a customer. Profit.

Both my dad and I did this, and theres a big post on HFBoards about it working as well. I guess DirecTV is really under orders to keep customers through this whole Versus thing.
I called and told my dad to do this. Hopefully it works for him. :D

Alucard

Banned
Last time before the start of the new season...

47911_stanley_cup_penguins_red_wings_hockey.jpg

large_2009-06-12-Penguins-Stanley-Cup.JPG

Stanley+Cup+Finals+Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Detroit+-lBM65d28sQl.jpg

NHL_Stanley_Cup_e3a3.JPG

47887_aptopix_stanley_cup_penguins_red_wings_hockey.jpg

Meeeeeeeeeeemories of the way we weeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeee.

fallout

Was just checking the injury reports and came across this:

Marc Pouliot - 2009-09-28 - expected to be placed on injured reserve - pubic bone inflammation

Acid08

Banned
fallout said:

Marc Pouliot - 2009-09-28 - expected to be placed on injured reserve - pubic bone inflammation
Herpes strikes again.

Socreges

Banned
fallout said:

really, if they generalize to 'lower body injury' during the playoffs, i think it's just as appropriate with STDs

darkwings

Banned
Fixed1979 said:
Canes just extended Cam Ward - 37.8mil over 6 years. Even though he's one of the best in the league, the cost seems a little steep.

steep, he was just awful vs pens in conference finals. Even osgood was better.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Ward's deal is pretty much market value for the term. Backstrom at 6, Lundquvist at 6.8 ish. He's also pretty much Mr. Game 7, so that counts for a bit.

darkwings

Banned
Mike Works said:
you're constantly the dumbest poster in this thread

Along with you?

Cam ward posted a 4.75 GAA against pens in conference finals last playoffs. Worst of all goaltenders. But maybe you think that is amazing.

X26

Banned
darkwings said:
Along with you?

Cam ward posted a 4.75 GAA against pens in conference finals last playoffs. Worst of all goaltenders. But maybe you think that is amazing.

Gotta take into account how the canes defense was non-existant and left him out to dry in the series. He was great in the first 2 series though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom