• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Nintendo should have announced this as the next gen DS. It has too many changes from DS phat and DS Lite. Unless Nintendo restricts game development to just one touch screen that is.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jonnyram said:
There is no mention of VC so far. What are people talking about!?

Launch games: Valk Profile DS, Kirby, Kyotaro, Rockman, lots more (apparently).

WAT

Gemaga said:
14:07 DSiのプレゼンはいったん終了、今は年末までに発売されるソフトの映像ラッシュになりました。
14:11 DSとWiiを連動させているソフトとして、FFCCの紹介が始まりました。

14:07 The DSi presentation has concluded, and now the games to be released by year's end are being shown in a video.
14:11 DS and Wii connectivity title FFCC is being introduced.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
later, when this thread is over, figure out who started the dumbass lies (which i accidently made worse by repeating) and fucking bannz their ass.

Meier

300k... so umm, like worse than a first gen camera phone? Those were all 1,300k pixels, correct? That's pretty bizarre and disappointing to be quite honest.
Jonnyram said:
Mario & Luigi 3!
Huz-fucking-zah!

mj1108

kassatsu said:
So I will have a mini-fridge I need to clean out when good stuff is released?

I'd hope that with this the Wii will be able to support SD cards larger than 2 gigs.

Put VC games on your SD card, take them on the go with the DSi

mutsu

Iwata has not mentioned Virtual Console support on the DSi. He merely said downloadable applications can be installed on the DSi, and presumably he is talking about DSi Ware.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jonnyram said:
Pedometer is a separate device that was leaked in European news recently, but I think it's wireless?

Mario & Luigi 3!
I was waiting for that one to show up. AlphaDream had to have been doing something

WickedLaharl said:
which one of those revisions split the userbase. because the DSi could potentially do so with dual touch screens.

It won't "potentially", it just will. I still people playing on an original DS. I'm sure there will be people pissed who buy their kid a DSL this holiday, and come to find out their kid wants this new one next year.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
MARIO & LUIGI 3??? :O :D :D

I hope Shimomura does a better job than she did with M&L2.

Bebpo

Banned
Y2Kev said:
So it isn't really a big enough leap to be a new platform but it's going to divide the userbase if they make games for both touchscreens.

That's my issue. Unlike the DS lite they are forcing you to buy your 2nd or 3rd version of the DS if you want to keep playing the latest DS games (assuming new DS games uses both touch screens).

I don't want the camera, so I'm basically going to pay $200 for the right to continue to play DS games :\

mysticstylez said:
Nothing about it being more powerful?
That's what I'm wondering, they seem to be adding a lot of stuff for a 66MHz cpu to handle. Didn't the opera browser suck horribly because it was a little too much for the DS (might have been something other than cpu, I don't know)?

Anyways, this quickly went from meh to sweet to why the hell isn't this in my hands right now. Looks like I'll be buying my 3rd DS :lol.

Struct09

Cheesemeister said:
14:07 The DSi presentation has concluded, and now the games to be released by year's end are being shown in a video.
14:11 DS and Wii connectivity title FFCC is being introduced.

Damnit :lol

Ventron

Willy Wanka said:
All these games will work on the original DS I'm sure. Nintendo aren't stupid.

Um, no. Software sells hardware in the games industry, not the other way around. I would be surprised if any games announced today did work on the original DS.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PantherLotus said:
oh that FFCC connectivity thing. because that was so awesome on the GC.

it`s wirelesse and everyone owns a wii/ds... cube not so much back then ^^

Acosta

So... let me get this straight. We get no GBA slot, marginally bigger screens, a shitty camera, a browser and a access to a new store (I don't see the VC compatible stuff, where did you get this?). Furthermore, it adds double touch panel, which has the potential to split the market with a feature that doesn't add anything to the games (I can just see the potential for applications and maybe some specific titles).

Wohoo? I am not interested at least they confirm VC support at no cost.

Top Bottom