• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

DuckRacer

14:06: From the "Nintendo DS Shop," you can download "Nintendo DS Ware." Software will be split into four categories: Free, 200, 500, Premium (800). And until March 2010, you'll get a free 1000 points (1000 yen or $10) when you buy a DSi.
wow.

FtsH said:
should Sony just cancel PSP3000 later today? :lol

Yeah man, let's stop playing all other video games 'cuz this thing has 2 cameras.

If VC support is made up by some dumbass then this isn't quite as worthwhile.

Please someone confirm.

Gribbix

I'm assuming this iteration of the DS will actually include support for WPA2 especially since the Wii supports it.

jeremy1456

Tenbatsu said:
NONOONOO its got its own, not the Wii one.. My error!!!

:lol

You are going to get torched because few are smart enough to read all the posts in this thread and realize that it isn't true.

So is the new DS supposed to be the 'better than a Hard Drive' feature NoA was talking about?

Portable Fridge does sound pretty nice.

Edit:

Oh. Nevermind.

Ikopi

It would be great if it had its own DS VC store, with only handheld titles from Lynx, GB, GBA, Game Gear, etc ...

neo2046

2uhn1on.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So it isn't really a big enough leap to be a new platform but it's going to divide the userbase if they make games for both touchscreens.

and a 300k pixel camera is embarrassing

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I'm very happy with my DS Lite, so I probably wasn't going to buy this until they announced dual touch-screens, and DS Ware (and possibly VC ?). Guess I'll just end up using my old ds Lite as a GBA Player...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm almost glad I still have my fat DS, I've wanted a lite for awhile but kept thinking a new one would be coming soon.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i wonder if nintendo will charge separately for the same game on wii and ds vc

oh wait, i guess i answered that question when i said 'nintendo'

Gemaga said:
14:00 DSステーションは、第二フェイズへ。新たにnintendo zoneというサービス開始。マクドナルドでもnintendo zoneサービススタート。
14:02 nintendo zoneビューアを内蔵することで、設定なしでアクセス可能。
14:03 カラバリは、ホワイト、つや消しブラック。発売日は11/1、価格は税込み18900円。

14:00 DS Station will go into its second phase, becoming the Nintendo Zone service. The Nintendo Zone will also be available at McDonald's.
14:02 The Nintendo Zone Viewer will come included, and can be accessed without any setup.
14:03 Color variations will be white and frosted black. Release is set for November 1st at 18,900 yen (tax included).

Hcoregamer00 said:
I was hoping the Camera would be more than 0.3 megapixels.

Me too, I was hoping for less toy and more multi purpose device like the rumors were saying.
Like serious ipod contender, with a good camera and some pda type apps on top of the ds goodies.

Azar

I didn't think there was anything that would make me feel inclined to update my DS. But if you can actually put VC games on it...damn.

It doesn't seem that that functionality is actually confirmed, though. You might just be able to buy new downloadable shit for it.

Jiggy

Edit: Disregard everything below, apparently it was fake. ;_; Preserving for posterity anyway.

62 games and counting on Wii VC, so if [it had been true that] DS support[ed] that (as opposed to just, say, GB and GBC games, which would still be awesome), [then] they [would ha]ve automatically sold me my third DS despite no GBA slot.

Assuming it [wouldn't have been] prohibitively expensive, anyway.

Shoot, if DS could [have] actually play[ed] Wii's VC games then I [would have] officially be[en] left turning that system (Wii) on for basically nothing, ever, except the shop channel and Gamecube compatibility. :lol As it stands right now, probably 98% of my time playing that system is spent on either Virtual Console or Mega Man 9 (which will come to a close as I finish all the challenges within my limitations).

FtsH

Y2Kev said:
So it isn't really a big enough leap to be a new platform but it's going to divide the userbase if they make games for both touchscreens.

and a 300k pixel camera is embarrassing

the screens aren't that big anyway.

pakkit

Banned
drohne said:
i wonder if nintendo will charge separately for the same game on wii and ds vc

oh wait, i guess i answered that question when i said 'nintendo'
Weren't you on your way out F5'ing other threads?

Top Bottom