• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Could you people stop fucking bitching about Wii Music? They proved tonight that games like Wii Music (which could, I dunno, be fun?) aren't stopping your "real" games from being made.

Jesus Christ.

Rezbit

legend166 said:
Anyone get the feeling we might get an announcement of the oft-rumoured Metroid Prime 1 + 2 Wiimakes tomorrow?

Would make sense.

I can only hope. I was actually thinking about that the other day while playing Wii. The best bet would be to combine them on one disc...but I doubt that would happen!

omg rite said:
Could you people stop fucking bitching about Wii Music? They proved tonight that games like Wii Music (which could, I dunno, be fun?) aren't stopping your "real" games from being made.

Jesus Christ.

But it sucks.

Taurus

PUNCH...OUT? PUNCH-OUT IS BACK!

*faints*

PokemonKid.gif

Lchero

If it really is a Wiimake of Pikmin, I hope it's Pikmin 2. Was by far my favorite of the two games content and gameplay wise.

Swisslink

The conference was pretty good...
some really nice announcements, but now wii music :(
Anyway... perhaps is miyamoto going to show us a new game after the shit :D

Teknoman

drohne said:
i don't know if you can expect a 3d treasure game to push the console -- the last time they really did that was, uh, sin and punishment. ikaruga and gv are fairly impressive, but afaik g-rev collaborated on the technical side of those games.

BUT -- a rail shooter is the one really obvious gaming application for the wiimote. and sin and punishment is one of the best rail shooters ever

Well i'd think that Treasure would really want to go all out for Sin and Punishment 2, considering how much the first game pushed the N64. Wario World wasnt that great...but still this is a different case.

Acid08

Banned
Mr. Pointy said:
Fuck yeah.

I mean Fight Night Round 3 was good and Project Sylpheed was decent at best. Face Breaker and Lair were fucking terrible. None of them are Punch-Out or Sin and Punishment quality. The HD twins lost man.
Uh.....ok. So the Wii gets some good games in two genres....and that means Sony/MS have lost? Ok :lol

Hunahan

Banned
:lol I never thought I'd see the day that Nintendo fans were pissed to see Miyamoto come onto the stage at a conference.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Interested to hear more on what the Prope project is..

aparisi2274

Since all Miyamoto games are based on his hobbies... couldnt he be into something cool? Like base jumping or MMA or Pride... no instead we get virtual instruments and wii music

Kafel

Banned
omg rite said:

Jesus Christ.

uh ? Wii Music looks shitty, it's not even about it being casual friendly.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So let's summarize.

New version of the DS with a camera, MP3 playback capabilities, SD card support and downloadable DS Ware games.

Wiimakes of Gamecube games with Wii controls, Punch Out Wii, Sin and Punishment 2, a new Tales series game.

Tim-E

Dear Nintendo,

I'm sorry about all those means things I said. I didn't really mean it when I said I would no longer buy virtual console games because I had no room for them. To make you feel better, I'm going to buy a Nintendo DSi, Punch-Out, and Sin and Punishment 2, along with more Wii/DsWare games.

Love,
Tim-E

Rezbit said:
I can only hope. I was actually thinking about that the other day while playing Wii. The best bet would be to combine them on one disc...but I doubt that would happen!

Yeah, this really should happen. After playing Corruption, going back to normal controls in Prime/Echoes is a bit underwhelming. I would definitely invest the money in both games if they added IR.

Firestorm

Hunahan said:
:lol I never thought I'd see the day that Nintendo fans were pissed to see Miyamoto come onto the stage at a conference.
It's been like this since E3 2007. Well, I guess that's a lie. That time I thought he'd do something but he decided to do Wii Fit for half an hour. After that I just never trusted him.

omg rite said:
WTF ABOUT THIS ROCKMAN AND MARIO & LUIGI 3 WTF.

Rockman I think is referring to the Star Force series, the 3rd one actually.

Not sure about Mario and Luigi 3. But there should be screenshots after this conference if true.

Top Bottom