• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official North American Lost Odyssey Thread

ToddG15

mr stroke said:
sound about right, I would be suprised to see anyone in NA playing on tuesday, I doubt my local GS or BB will have until wensday night or thursday morning... :(
I believe BB's ad states they will have it by 2PM Tuesday

radeonxt

Anyone whose got a press US copy can confirm me if the US version has got Spanish Subtitle options? I've seen its multilanguage dubbed (except spanish WTF!), but I doubt if it has Spanish subtitles, because it is not being dubbed in spanish :S

Captain N

I'm pretty proud of myself for not reading too much about the story for this game. I've watched some gameplay videos, but I don't even know the main characters names. This will be the first RPG that I know so little about when I buy it..ever.

SpokkX

Emenis said:
Why do you want the US version if you can get the Asian version? Just asking.

In my case because I can get it way cheaper.. I guess noone has tried the US version yet though?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
radeonxt said:
maybe because not all europeans have English as first language, others have Spanish, french, italian, german...

Ah, I didnt think of that since he appears to speak English already.

(Dont worry someone will answer your question when they get a US copy.)

SpokkX said:
In my case because I can get it way cheaper.. I guess noone has tried the US version yet though?

I dunno either but If i find out I will remember to tell you.

guidop

I got my copy of Lost Odyssey today. Its the Australian version and comes with a 1 mouth XBL gold membership another thing to note is that only English, Japanese and Korean are selectable languages

radeonxt

Emenis said:
Ah, I didnt think of that since he appears to speak English already.

(Dont worry someone will answer your question when they get a US copy.)

I dunno either but If i find out I will remember to tell you.

thanks, no problem ;) :D

Mudo

No, not yet unfortunately. I'm sure I'll have to wait til Wednesday to get it, the GS here in the middle of nowhere never gets releases in on Tuesday!

Funny I'm listening to some of the music at work right now also...

DMC4 doesn't play that much different from 6 year old DMC1.

SF4 looks like it plays like a cross between 10 year old 3rd Strike, 13 year old SFEX, and 17 year old SF2.

Don't see why oldschool gameplay is such a bad thing. Doesn't deserve the hate. I was excited about this game ever since the first videos surfaced back in 06'.

Quazar

LO trailer finally up on marketplace. Doesn't say TV ad so not sure if it's that or not.

Actually description says TV ad.

Davedough

I, for one, am personally very excited about this game. I happen to be one of the strange people that actually like turn-based, random encounter RPGs. I still remember having my world rocked on NES when I finally took my team all the way to the castle to beat Chaos in the original FF. I was hooked on RPGs since. Sure, I can appreciate others that have a more action base, but I always gravitate towards the tried and true turn-based RPGs. As long as the story isn't cliche, the characters aren't boring or childlike, its on.

I haven't played it and honestly, for my own sake, haven't read too much about the game so I cant say for sure, but (as I always do) I'm not going to even take the reviewers into consideration because although they have their opinions, they differ from mine. There have been games where I thought they were excellent and reviews gave them a mediocre rating
I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed
. On the flipside, there have been reviews that said a game was outstanding and I played the game for a very short period of time and let it go.
read: Halo 3

As long as the game delivers a solid story, interesting characters and... for the love of mud... CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTER ATTRIBUTES... RPGs fail on so many levels if they don't give you the ability to customize many different aspects of your character
Brave Story New Traveler
... if it gives me these simple things, its solid gold in my book.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I stopped by my local Gamestop at lunch today, and wrangled my pre-order bonus from the manager with my sob story that I was afraid they would all be gone by the time I came to pick up my copy on Wed. He said they have 26 pre-orders, and had 29 bonus cards, so I was probably good to go, but at least now I don't have to worry.

Darkman M

003-2.jpg

now just waiting on my game to ship via overnight shipping from ebgames.com

Big Nate said:
I stopped by my local Gamestop at lunch today, and wrangled my pre-order bonus from the manager with my sob story that I was afraid they would all be gone by the time I came to pick up my copy on Wed. He said they have 26 pre-orders, and had 29 bonus cards, so I was probably good to go, but at least now I don't have to worry.

Wow! Not bad.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
FateBreaker said:
Wow! Not bad.

No doubt, I actually dropped my jaw when he said 26. This is in central Arkansas, too, btw, where deer killing simulators tend to outsell most everything else. They had plenty of copies of the strat guide in as well, but I held off so I can get my 20% discount when I pick up the game. I'm addicted to buying strategy guides, it's a sickness.

Teknoman

Preordered today along with Brawl (Would've done GTA IV as well, but some places might have a better bargain on that than full price). Now just to wait...

The 1up Show definately piqued my interest. My two main concerns though:

- having to read the books. Is it necessary?
- achievements. Blue Dragon had terrible achievements - is LO better?

MCD

siamesedreamer said:
The 1up Show definately piqued my interest. My two main concerns though:

- having to read the books. Is it necessary?
- achievements. Blue Dragon had terrible achievements - is LO better?

- it's optional
- yes

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
1Up's Review sounds fantastic to me, Fitch has pretty much only positive things to say, citing only the inclusion of the annoying kids and the load times as gripes. Also has the usual "doesn't move the genre forward" gripe, but I'm ignoring that one since I could care less.

I love his dig at Shane's comments on the 1Up Show. "misuse of the medium" indeed! :lol

Is there a chance some stores will have this tomorrow? I know it ships tomorrow for Gamestop but I have off all day tomorrow and work Wednesday.

Maybe Walmart?

Deadly Monk said:
Is there a chance some stores will have this tomorrow? I know it ships tomorrow for Gamestop but I have off all day tomorrow and work Wednesday.

Maybe Walmart?

hit up your local BestBuy when they open in the morning...good chance then

Synless

AgentOtaku said:
hit up your local BestBuy when they open in the morning...good chance then
No, they won't have it until Wednsday....and even if they did they wouldn't sell it until then.

Darkman M

Usually if your gonna get a game early it will be from Gamestop being they sometimes drive to the warehouses and pick the games up early. From my experience bestbuys and circuit citys usually hold games for their ads.

PepsimanVsJoe said:

Granted I have about a dozen or so games I should be playing right now.
But chances are I'll whine anyway. =/
I'm still waiting for my Xbox 360 to be returned. So even if it did come out tomorrow I couldn't play it.

Top Bottom