• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official October 2008 NPD Results

itxaka

Defeatist
wow at PS3

WOW at Wii, new fucking october record rigth? About 300K more than Ps2 october record.

PS2+PS3+360+PSP = 890K
Wii = 803K

FrankT

Amazing Wii numbers. Awesome Fable II numbers and 360 software numbers altogether. Actually fairly decent 360 HW numbers too. :D 360 has just taken over the PS3 YTD.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I didn't even notice the PS3 hardware numbers.

Obviously we need more data, but my initial impressions is that as expected, LBP is going to sell to the existing userbase, and that's it.

Prine

Banned
FABLE !!!!1

Should reach a million next month

giantevilpetermolyneux.jpg

A MILLI! A MILLI! A MILLI! A MILLI!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Only surprising thing is no Guitar Hero. I wish LBP sold more :(

Also, Dead Space deserves better :(

And I'm glad Wii Music bombed :D

Even with that userbase third party developers dont move to the wii front....well lets see how much bleeding can they suffer from next gen titles.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
plank said:
Seems like pretty low numbers for Wii.
Well the Wii only sells because it is the cheapest console and since the 360 pricecut....
I hope you are joking.

idlewild_

um, wow, wii fuckin' the other consoles with a rake

no guitar hero?

nice 360 sales, ps3: :lol , just :lol

edit: nice to see LBP chart, now word just needs to get 'round...

Glix

Dead Space deserves to be higher. Its a better game than Saints Row. Ah well, guess NPD is kinda like Movie charts, the ones that deserve it aren't always at the top. :D

Fit + Kart + Play = Juggernaut! Freakin CRAZY!

Wii itself = Even crazier!!

Mrbob

Holy cats at Fable 2. Fallout 3 did well too. :D

Also glad to see plastic toys of death (guitar hero, rock band) are not in the top 10!

Five 360 games in the top 10.

X360 is the new PS2.

apparently guitar hero world tour sold poorly because of the commercial featuring kobe in his underwear.

i guess the public just hasn't moved on from the rape. their loss.

Jtyettis said:
Amazing Wii numbers. Awesome Fable II numbers and 360 software numbers altogether. 360 has just taken over the PS3 YTD.

Wow, damn, I didn't think they'd do it this month. Bad time to be a $400 console, I bet.

ETA: With this economy, I mean.

DMeisterJ

Banned
WOWOWOW!!!!

PS3 low......

LBP low......

Not a good look for Sony this month. >_>

On a brighter note, good job Wii, and Wii fit, and Fable 2 and 360!!!!

Socom Confrontation > LBP :lol :lol :lol

White Man

I think the real story here (aside from the regularly enormous Wii numbers) is the apparent bomba-ing of Guitar Hero. Is there some reason their numbers wouldn't make this month?

Dead Space also did a lot more poorly than I was expecting. I kinda thought that maybe both the 360 and PS3 versions would chart.

Nutter

If Nintendo has the supply, and we use the typical Nov = 2*OCT.. then Holy shit.

1.5Mill Nov for Wii ? :O

360 Would do fine as well.

PS3, well it will be close to half a million at least.

Top Bottom