• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phil Harrison Keynote @ GDC Thread.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I just finished watching Little Big Planet....one of the most amazing physics implimentations I've seen in a game...in like...EVER

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jett said:
Seems like Killzone is pretty early and disappointmenton total.

*downloading home and LBP trailers*

KZ2 bomba. :(

engine demo bomba total

LBP is amazing

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
10:55 a.m.: "You will be able to download additional clothing from the playstation stor to exptend and expand your experience. The games themselves will unlock content that will allow you to wear a T-shirt ... Allows you to express yourself and your personality. You can also custimize your face ... you can see we have a great deal of control ..."

The virtual PSP looks just like a PSP, XMB and all. The avatar creation tool has dozens of options, from clothing to faces.

Phil continues, "So rather than spend a great deal of time focusing on individual face custimization, let's look at some presetst that we've made already. So where can you go in Home? As we walk around, you can see our banner ads reall y are banners."

Mrbob

Wow wow wow.

This is pretty much the greatest thing to ever happen in the online space.

Here is hoping it pans out.

I'm stunned after seeing that video.

vasuba said:
Home is great and all but seriously people its nothing more then second life with achievements from games. it doesnt justify 600 bucks calm down. Youd think it was some super awesome game

The point is sony did something innovative and nice for their gamers. Not to mention it's free. Don't complain about free shit. It also shows Sony is willing to work on their console as a progressively evolving system and provide us with updates and new content, if nintendo did this service with their mii's you'd be creaming your pants right now.

The Chef

Smokey Bones said:
Little Big Planet certainly looks nice; almost CG nice but...

what's the point of it?

It looks like when you in Home you can get your friends together and play it together. Looks bad ass!

Big-E

I was going to go to school but I tool one step outside and it is pouring. This Home stuff looks great, kudos to Sony.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
10: 57 a.m.: Unlike Nintendo's relatively spartan Mii creation tool (serriously, no redheads?), the Home customization tools offer a nearly unlimtied amount of faces. He scrolls through some precreated faces to desplay the range. Impressive.

He shows off advertising in the world, with ads from games like Resistance and HD video playing back on screens in the world, in 3D. The world looks more than a little like Second Life, The virtual keyboard is ... He accidentally types "Ho" instead of "Hi." The audience appreciates the mistake

They chat with an Sony employee to show off the voice chat. Sound quality is a little tinny, but that's to be expected.

Sirolf

vasuba said:
Home is great and all but seriously people its nothing more then second life with achievements from games. it doesnt justify 600 bucks calm down. Youd think it was some super awesome game

Can you just STOP trolling Sony threads ???

I really wish the 1UP assclowns would stop thinking that anybody thinks they are amusing and just cover the ****ing keynote and save their comments.

Looks nice, Bravo Sony!
(if not a bit of a Second Life ripoff - http://secondlife.com/)

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the trailer...with the hip avatars dancing and emoting with their sunglasses and beanie hats like you know Sony can't ever resist doing, "See, we're the cool console, we can dance to Euro music", the voiceover's latent pretentiousness was also priceless. What's scary is, this perception is pretty much a reality, Sony's consoles have always been thought of as the "Cool" console (Especially in Europe).

BUT, Good Job Sony! You've just earned yourself +50000 respect in this die hard Sega fans books. User created content FTW. MMORPGs are fun but for free, yes that's nice to be able to walk around and talk and have people look at your e-achievement stuff. If they ever announce "Oh yeah, it's free to download, but there will be a monthly charge" I will laugh. I can't imagine Little Big World will be free for one.

For ME, $600+ will never ever ever be justified. I can't afford that, and I make a lot of money. Please drop the price $200 :(

Like the Next Gen.biz article is saying, Sony has finally awakened and this is the first valid and forward thinking response I've seen to their competition.

Goldrusher

I hope they seriously limit the number of homes.

A huge streaming world like Second Life would kill the network, not to mention over half of the world (mainly in Europe) doesn't have an unlimited bandwith internet connection.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
10:58 a.m.: "A games lounge. This was invented to create opportunities for social interaction ... To meet to share to get to know each other while playing very easy, simple games. And then we have our pool table, where you can just walk up and play. We can also walk over to our bowling alley and have a quick frame of bowling. Scott's going to show us his misspent use. Clearly he's spent far too much time in the office."

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
BruceLeeRoy said:
Damn big boy im going to be quoting you all day are you a seer.
Absolutely again agree.
I'm all out of good lines. No other words....I'm simply stunned at how ****ing cool this stuff is. :D

btrboyev said:
what this basically says to me is sony should have waited until fall 2007 to launch the ps3...

otherwise, what lies ahead looks very promising. I'm curious to what MS and nintendo will say about this.

But you can say that the 360 should have launched in mid- to late-2006, too. I think that the lesson here is that it's really fricking hard to launch a 'true' new-gen console [whether that's a slam at Wii I'll leave to others to decide].

rager

Banned
Man, that is dissapointing about Killzone, but I am not surprised. That bullshot video will not be replicated this generation in an actual game.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
10:59 a.m.: The camera swings around when you activate the pool table. You're still inside teh 3D world, but hte interface becomes concentrated around hte pool table. Same with bowling and the Arcade games. The screen gets taken up by a helicopter rescue game, until he moves his head around and are reminded that you're actually in the Home world. He activates a menu to take them from the public space to a private space.

"The arcade machines are actually user definable. You ca select which games you want to play and download them into this space. While you play this simple little game, you can also break out the virtual PSP and look around the space all the while maintining the immersion...communication...being able to chat with other people. We've talked about hte public spaces, let's talk about the private spaces
Everyone has their own private apartment."

Top Bottom