• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Transformers: The Movie thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
MattKeil said:
Teaser poster's up.
http://www.aintitcool.com/pics/tf-teaser.jpg[/IMG]

Judging by the countdown at http://www.transformersmovie.com, we might see a trailer next month.

OMFG!! I crapped my pants. I'm so starting to geek out for this movie. Wilco and Spiderman have nothing on me and this movie. Mark my words. All your asses belong to Prime and Megatron on July 4th 2007.

I'm making a new avatar tomorrow, just you wait.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looking at http://www.unicron.us/tf1985/ (linked to by someone else earlier) makes me want all those toys again. I collected them well into my teens but for the last 4 years or so I wouldn't actually "play" with them, I just wanted to possess them. Looking at the images I still get that urge to own them, even though I would have no idea what to do with them if I did.

I still have Jazz in my bedside drawer. Not a great figure that one - very fiddly arms when changing modes and not much limb movement. Galvatron was the BEST for posability but his gun/tank forms were crap (looked like they esigned the robot first then thought about what they could turn it into).

I must have owned about 60 figures by age 16, then I gave them all away. Sigh. Gen 1, 2 and to a lesser extend 3 were great but the toys turned to crap after that. Just not as much detail, unrealistic mechanical forms or worse, animal/insect forms, and it even felt like they were phoning in the profiles on the boxes whereas the original ones seemed to be more thoughtful.

Anyway....

Amzin

I would want Unicron to be in this, but I can't even possibly fathom how they could in any way put Unicron in a live action movie, so I'll settle for Devastator if they can work him in. :D

aparisi2274

Forgotten_Taco said:
I can handle the truth. =(

I am kind of hoping that when the teaser trailer hits in about a month, that at some point during the trailer, we hear Optimus say "Autobots, Transform and roll out" and its Cullen's voice. That would make me happy

Sapiens

aparisi2274 said:
I am kind of hoping that when the teaser trailer hits in about a month, that at some point during the trailer, we hear Optimus say "Autobots, Transform and roll out" and its Cullen's voice. That would make me happy

yah, but deep in your heart, you know its going to be will smith, robert deniro or something

Ponn

Banned
aparisi2274 said:

More so then Megatron and Welker I want Cullen as Prime. You would think the studios would be open to this instead of paying big bucks for stars to do voice work that not everyone will even recognize or draw crowds for. Shit I just saw Over the Hedge with some family a week ago and no one recognized anybodies voices. Not even Bruce Willis.

I would really geek out if they used some phrases from the animated movie as fan service.

Megatron: "Why throw away your life so recklessly?"

Prime: "That's a question you should ask yourself"

Spike: "Oh Shit! What do we do now"

aparisi2274

Here are some set pics from the movie... It seems its a chase with Old bumblebee vs Brawl...

162405461_d67ba041eb.jpg

162405466_beaa42d24c.jpg

There are more, but they are all blurry, and dont show much.

There is ONE Transformers movie, and it kicks ass and it's this one:

transformers-movie-poster.jpg

I seriously doubt the live action version will be able to touch the animated film.

Sumidor

soundwave05 said:

I seriously doubt the live action version will be able to touch the animated film.

I like the way you think.

Rlan said:
How does Bumblebee go from being an old car to being a new car?

Apparently, a kid and his dad buy him at a scrapyard and fix him up. I don't quite see how that can really happen though. I can see them doing some basic body work, but wouldn't the internals of the car/transformer be completely different. Wouldn't they notice something was up as soon as they look under the hood? Also, at what point do they start cutting and grinding under the car and they hear a voice say "**** off, that's my cock"?

Edwood

I don't want to see a single damned furry robot in this movie.

I am ashamed to have been involved in the design of Beast Wars and it's craptacular spin offs.]

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Edwood said:

I am ashamed to have been involved in the design of Beast Wars and it's craptacular spin offs.]

There was nothing to be ashamed about when it comes to Beast Wars. Beast Machines on the other hand was a little too out there for my tastes.

"I am transformed."

I don't understand how they could choose someone else for the voice of Prime. It's like, the guy's voice is already just perfect for it. Then add to the fact that practically every single fan of the cartoon wants him to do the voice? Oh and also, what the hell else is he doing these days, voicing Prime in Robot Chicken?

Seriously, with the news that he auditioned for the movie, if he's not Prime I'm going to be so ****ing angry. There is NO REASON for them to cast anyone else.

Hero

Edwood said:

What exactly did you do?

teiresias

Amzin said:
I would want Unicron to be in this, but I can't even possibly fathom how they could in any way put Unicron in a live action movie, so I'll settle for Devastator if they can work him in. :D

In an interview a few months back one of the producers said something along the lines of "Unicron is mentioned in this film and will probably actually show up in the third film" or something along those lines. So aside from wanting to bring him in they were also planning a trilogy (at least). Of course, plans and circumstances change, so perhaps all of this is completely different and out of date now.

soundwave05 said:

True ... but after seeing that dancing car advert at least we know its gonna look cool i really am afraid to read this thread i dont want nothing spoiled for this movie.

Yeah, if some car company can have CGI in a 30 second advert that looks and moves that well, ILM doing the effects for this major motion picture are going to kick ass.

I hope.

Willco

Hollywood Square
WordAssassin said:
Yeah, if some car company can have CGI in a 30 second advert that looks and moves that well, ILM doing the effects for this major motion picture are going to kick ass.

I hope.

Not really. Commercials are small, and they can spend more time focusing on particular elements, whereas movies are huge, spiraling projects with crazy deadlines. Commercials always usually get better effects out of their budget than films.

BUT

Spielberg is on the Transformers payroll, and ILM always seems to serve up their A-Game if he's involved.

I hope they use real guns instead of lasers. I'm excited about this movie because it has the potential of being so visceral; smoking tires, gigantic machines, and a generally high level of destruction. Laser beams just wouldn't have as much *oomph* as big machine guns tearing into metal.

Willco said:
Not really. Commercials are small, and they can spend more time focusing on particular elements, whereas movies are huge, spiraling projects with crazy deadlines. Commercials always usually get better effects out of their budget than films.

BUT

Spielberg is on the Transformers payroll, and ILM always seems to serve up their A-Game if he's involved.
Bah! I can dream! The SFX in War of the Worlds were pretty slick so yeah, let's hope.

In other news, what's the name of that song from the dancing car advert?

Yeah, ILM + Speilberg means real Transformers.

The Tripods in WotW seriously looked real. Like, holy shit. I'm pretty sure they'll have no problem making Transformers come to life. Just look at that teaser poster. Look how much detail is in that eye.

ConsumerSquare said:
I hope they use real guns instead of lasers. I'm excited about this movie because it has the potential of being so visceral; smoking tires, gigantic machines, and a generally high level of destruction. Laser beams just wouldn't have as much *oomph* as big machine guns tearing into metal.

Did you even watch the cartoons?!

If nothing else, unlike superheroes which don't fare to well in the transition from comic/cartoon to film, these fan made test shots show that "real life" CGI transformers can kick all kinds of ass if done properly.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Edwood said:

I'll take Beast Wars over G1 any day of the week.

silenttwn

Edwood said:

Did/do you work at Mainframe? If so, any idea when the hell they're going to finish ReBoot? My Two Bob's ending is too cruel on the fans to end ReBoot on that note.

aparisi2274

Here is some new info I got from tformers.com...

Tfans.com member Hadlen Weltall has posted an update with the following info: "According to G4 Television. This year's [San Diego] Comic-Con will have an exclusive panel dedicated to Transformers the Live Action Movie. They are announcing it for their July 21st Live coverage from the Event."

Edwood

silenttwn said:
Did/do you work at Mainframe? If so, any idea when the hell they're going to finish ReBoot? My Two Bob's ending is too cruel on the fans to end ReBoot on that note.

I designed some toys.

Some friends of mine used to work at Mainframe (they are members here).

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Gearharaden said:
Yeah, ILM + Speilberg means real Transformers.

The Tripods in WotW seriously looked real. Like, holy shit. I'm pretty sure they'll have no problem making Transformers come to life. Just look at that teaser poster. Look how much detail is in that eye.

You're almost certainly right, but that eye is pretty obviously the Autobot insignia's eye, and probably designed for use as a logo or a full poster later on.

xsarien

daedsiluap
MattKeil said:
You're almost certainly right, but that eye is pretty obviously the Autobot insignia's eye, and probably designed for use as a logo or a full poster later on.

Someone hasn't seen the Autobot insignia in awhile...

(For the record, the top of the eye is about as flat as they come.) If it is an insignia, you could maybe make a case for the Decepticons, but I think the smart money's on it just being an unnamed robot's eye.

mollipen

ConsumerSquare said:

Yeah, now that I think about it, I totally agree. They could go off of the idea that they're having to work with what technology they can get their hands on here on earth, and it indeed would be far cooler to see the different robots getting shot to hell with conventional bullets versus nice and clear lasers.

aparisi2274

Here is some info I pulled from http://www.tformers.com

Thanks to a anonymous contributor for informing us that "IGN FilmForce has confirmed with sources that the Transformers teaser trailer will most likely debut with the July 7th release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Transformers is slated for release about a year from that weekend (July 4, 2007)."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom