• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL: Wii preorders start today (10/13)

izakq

You can preorder games as well. I've already preordered Zelda and Trauma Center. Just need the Wii preorder.

So what's the deal with us Canadians? I called EBGames here in Edmonton and the guy told me they weren't sure when they were supposed to take pre-orders.

Khalid-S

I just got off the phone with my local gamstop (boston) she said they will get about 30-something systems.

edit

wiipre_email_caeng.jpg

Xdrive05

Netrunner2k2 said:
Looks like it if you are in Canada.

Oh, right. But in the states we should still be on for tomorrow?

I called a local funcoland and the clerk acted like he didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about it. I wonder if the employees know about that yet, but are just told to play dumb to the customers.

Xdrive05 said:
Oh, right. But in the states we should still be on for tomorrow?

I called a local funcoland and the clerk acted like he didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about it. I wonder if the employees know about that yet, but are just told to play dumb to the customers.

It should be.

I called an Ebgames this morning, the guy said he didn't know. I called back a couple hours later and a different guy said tomorrow, so the person you talked probably didn't know yet.

The guy I talked to that knew said he wasn't "allowed" to release how many they are getting for that store and said if I was 40th in line tomorrow that I wouldn't get a system on the 19th, atleast from them.

Xdrive05

Hmm...

I'm working until 11:00am so hopefully I'll be one of the first. I imagine the average person won't know about the pre-orders until later in the day, so maybe there's a chance still.

If the GS employees don't know yet, the people probably won't be camping out tonight.

terrene

Banned
Shit. I'm not even excited for the Wii anymore, but I'm considering this since finding PS3s in 2006 is going to be like spotting whales or something. Gotta get my new console fix for '06 somehow!

TheWolf

Banned
SantaC said:
why would wii be in limited supply?

didn't GC sellout 700,000 units fairly quickly. there will be more Wiis than that, but the hype for the system also seems a lot bigger...

Jeff-DSA

I'm putting this up now, but I'm going to push it later. I think between IGN, NeoGAF, *shudder* GameFAQs, Gamespot, and a few other forums we could gather really helpful info and even arrange meetups.

http://stupidgamer.com/playstation-3-wii-midnight-launch-resource/

I know a lot of forums do this unofficially, but I want to try to make one place to gather the info together. Anybody think this is worth my time? I might move it to its own domain as well...

Xdrive05

SantaC said:
why would wii be in limited supply?

It prints money?

But it will probably sell like mad right off the bat. Especially once the advertisement machine gets turned on.

dkeane

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm putting this up now, but I'm going to push it later. I think between IGN, NeoGAF, *shudder* GameFAQs, Gamespot, and a few other forums we could gather really helpful info and even arrange meetups.

http://stupidgamer.com/playstation-3-wii-midnight-launch-resource/

I know a lot of forums do this unofficially, but I want to try to make one place to gather the info together. Anybody think this is worth my time? I might move it to its own domain as well...
Good idea but probably not worth your effort. There will still be 10 million stupid gamers asking for these details on every forum even after posting links and info. People are dumb.

Jeff-DSA

sonycowboy said:
At this point, the PS3 preorder thread had a thousand posts... Of course, the Wii will be 2-3x more plentiful.

Yeah, both systems have hype, but only the PS3 has panic to go with it.

Amir0x

Banned
I got zee e-mail. I guess I'm going in, I don't feel like calling ebgames but the e-mail assured my quantities will be extremely limited and will likely sell out in minutes!

Vieo

I can't decide whether I should preorder or not. There will be a lot of Wiis, but as history has shown, when the holidays come, people lose their damn minds. It could turn into a tickle-me-elmo situation.

Xdrive05

Amir0x said:
I got zee e-mail. I guess I'm going in, I don't feel like calling ebgames but the e-mail assured my quantities will be extremely limited and will likely sell out in minutes!

The presells will "sell out" in minutes or the launch batch? Oh god I hope 11am is not too late to preorder tomorrow.

:(

Damn, I still don't know if I dare to import this time or not. Importing means I'll get it earlier, won't have to pay $360 for the console and $70 for the games, but at the same time I might not get any access to the VC or the online features. What to dooo?

Vieo

Zerodoppler said:
Damn, I still don't know if I dare to import this time or not. Importing means I'll get it earlier, won't have to pay $360 for the console and $70 for the games, but at the same time I might not get any access to the VC or the online features. What to dooo?

As you said, you don't know if VC will would work so you should probably wait.

Amir0x

Banned
The ebgames dude on the phone said the store by me is getting about 30 systems, so I guess it's one of them 'level 3' stores or whatever.

Searren

I just got the call they're supposed to give to those who've already preordered Wii software (Zelda) and she informed me that they'll only have 14 units for preorder. So I apparently have a lower volume store, although there actually is one GameStop and one EB within a square half-mile of this store. I would suggest people do actually make that call about the number of units. I sort of have the feeling that the demand is going to be larger than people think and more than a few will be unpleasantly surprised come launch day. And better safe than sorry, right?

Jeff-DSA said:
$50 deposit and EB and Gamestop. Stats tomorrow. US ONLY!

I just barely got the official email.

how do you barely get e-mails?

How is this any different from the confirmed thread posted yesterday?

sspeedy

wow. i told myself i'd go in and buy one on launch day, but all this madness is getting to me. went into the mall and the guy said he had 80 calls about it already and he expects fighting etc. to occur. before the manager left, he asked the other guy if he remembered what all he has to do tomorrow... and one of the things he said was to call security if someone starts anything and if two people argue, they both lose their spots in line.

Also, he toldme if there is an EB/GS near me, to avoid the mall one. apparently the crowd gets rough.

I'm planning to go to the one close to my university. I don't know what time they open though..... does anyone know when EB/GS opens? damnit, now i'm sucked into this shit :lol

p.s. and you only need to put down $50 for it.. right?

They usually open at 10. Some of them opened a little earlier on the PS3 pre-order day and yes only 50 dollars down.

I got to my EB at 7 am for the PS3. No one else show up 'til almost 8:30. Wonder how early I should get there tomorrow.

sspeedy

watch me be the only one outside, heh, then i'll feel a bit silly...
probably not, i'm sure there are enough nintendo geeks from the univ.

StRaNgE

Banned
stopped by GS by my house and the guy would not tell me how many preorder spots they allow for Wii.

i am in a debate if i should go after my son bails to school and wait (8am) or skip the preorder thing and go on the 19th to walmart with other buddies and just do the midnight wait.

anyone know if after you preorder with GS can you cancel the preorder? or move it to use for a game or something else?

Javaman

sevenchaos said:
They usually open at 10. Some of them opened a little earlier on the PS3 pre-order day and yes only 50 dollars down.

I got to my EB at 7 am for the PS3. No one else show up 'til almost 8:30. Wonder how early I should get there tomorrow.

I think it could go either way (that really narrows it down hehehe)

Although there will be many more availible then the PS3 for launch, I'm guessing there will be more people in line in general since the PS3 launch "woke" everyone up to the new coming systems. The ones that missed out on the PS3 probably have been informed about the Wii. Parents who had missed out on the PS3 may arrive in force too. Then again with the 360 being readily available many people who missed out may decide to go that route instead. There are really too many variables to consider.

Khalid-S

At 9 pm i was in the prudential center (boston) with my friends, i went to gamstop to see if there any campers waiting !! and look what i found

DSC00404.JPG

DSC00405.JPG

5 campers confirmed !! lol

dkeane

Khalid-S said:
At 9 pm i was in the prudential center (boston) with my friends, i went to gamstop to see if there any campers waiting !! and look what i found. 5 campers confirmed !! lol
God damn! I'm 20min south of Bean town. Better not be any lines tomorrow. I'll still get there an our early but I expext to be sitting in my car until 10Am listening to the radio.

MrDaravon

Khalid-S said:
At 9 pm i was in the prudential center (boston) with my friends, i went to gamstop to see if there any campers waiting !! and look what i found

DSC00404.JPG

DSC00405.JPG

Jesus ****ing Christ, what the ****.

Khalid-S said:

DSC00404.JPG

DSC00405.JPG

Humm.....

MrDaravon

I think the fact that this was known about a couple days in advance will get it a lot more turnout than the PS3 preorders. ****, I don't know if I want to wake up early enough to bother now.

Top Bottom