• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

Come on Amir0x, admit it : you're practically FORCED to tell us you loved Super Paper Mario game after the gigantic hype you built up here :lol . I didn't play the game, but I quite noticed the fact that it didn't live up to the expectations of many around here. How about you ? It's okay, you can tell us what you really think about this game.

Enk

makes good threads.
Amir0x said:
it'll transcend years and take 2008 Wii GOTY >:D

Super Mario Galaxy will even consume Amir0x's being, effectively wiping out prior knowledge of BioShock and claiming his 2007 GOTY Throne.

Amir0x

Banned
Stormbringer said:
Come on Amir0x, admit it : you're practically FORCED to tell us you loved this game after the gigantic hype you built up here :lol . I didn't play the game, but I quite noticed the fact that it didn't live up to the expectations of many around here. How about you ? It's okay, you can tell us what you really think about this game.

This game? Galaxy? That's what this thread is about.
Super Paper Mario? Thought it lived up to every expectation. Of course my expectation was a sidescrolling RPG, and the humorous walls of text didn't bother me. Thought it was imaginative, full of energy and had plenty of clever puzzles and environmental obstacles to overcome. So did a lot of other people, some sort of hollow GAF consensus is meaningless.

White Man

Amir0x said:
he likes Flash Focus Training, he is not relevant

Super Mario Galaxy will be awesome, there's no effort required to know it will be awesome. elevated above all system wars, nothing can defile it

AMIROOOOOOOOOXXXXXX

2ltmrzk.jpg

ksamedi

Wow, this will be the greatest Wii thread of 2007. In here we will be discussing the game of the year for Wii and for GAF as well. Can't wait.

Amir0x said:
This game? Galaxy? That's what this thread is about.
Super Paper Mario? Thought it lived up to every expectation. Of course my expectation was a sidescrolling RPG, and the humorous walls of text didn't bother me. Thought it was imaginative, full of energy and had plenty of clever puzzles and environmental obstacles to overcome. So did a lot of other people, some sort of hollow GAF consensus is meaningless.

Oh, from most impressions it seemed like a game with a lot of cheap cons, so it's kind of surprising that a notoriously harsh gamer such as you managed to get over these.
Besides, I'm joking.
But I'll be sure to experience this game myself soon, and try to love it despite the negativity surrounding it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ksamedi said:
Wow, this will be the greatest Wii thread of 2007. In here we will be discussing the game of the year for Wii and for GAF as well. Can't wait.

Yeah this one has a pretty high chance of winning the annual GAF goty contest.

Amir0x

Banned
Stormbringer said:
Oh, from most impressions it seemed like a game with a lot of cheap cons, so it's kind of surprising that a notoriously harsh gamer such as you managed to get over these.
Besides, I'm joking.
But I'll be sure to experience this game myself soon, and try to love it despite the negativity surrounding it.

I don't think it's perfect, but I don't think any game is perfect, the flaws SPM did have were not enough to make me think it was anything other than awesome though.

Not saying these SPM haters don't have legitimate complaints, just saying I don't see these criticisms as negatives most of the time. Most of the time I liked what they hated.

Amir0x said:
I don't think it's perfect, but I don't think any game is perfect, the flaws SPM did have were not enough to make me think it was anything other than awesome though.

Not saying these SPM haters don't have legitimate complaints, just saying I don't see these criticisms as negatives most of the time. Most of the time I liked what they hated.

Fair enough. Now if there is obviously one thing I won't doubt, even jokingly, it's the fact that the Super Mario Galaxy impressions will unanimously state that the game is absolutely fantastic, right ? Unless...
emot-tinfoil.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
TheGreatDave said:
I just downloaded both files and it took about 2 minutes.

Problem?

Well for me personally it's a bitch because when this laptop is connected to the uni servers I can't download anything from file sharers like RS or Megaupload. Also, there are download limits on MegaUpload if I'm not mistaken. Anyhoo a direct link would be nice if someone can provide it

Mashing

ninj4junpei said:
They damn well better. It can't honestly be that hard, just show the game for 30 seconds and they are done.

Pretty much. Just have 30 seconds of gameplay footage with the orchestrated music as the accompaniment and just flash: Nov. 12. Wii.

This thread will eventually grow wings and jump into the orbit of, say, 20,000 replies. It is the least the game of a lifetime deserves - we should celebrate the soon-to-be SUPER MARIO GALAXY release!

How about a goomba-cake? Or a band of people singing legendary Mario-tunes? Perhaps sexy fan-arts of Princess Peach? MAKE HER NUDE, plz?

Can't wait for Mario. This game... Could be THE Mario game of the millennium.

phalestine

aka iby.h
Anyone plan on purchasing a Wii for this game better do is NOW.
Pre-ordered 2 copies (GS, Toysrus), one for me, and one for my brother in law. so I get 2 coins :D

CaVaYeRo

AceBandage said:
It's a smart camera, but you can move it with the DPad.

No, you can move it some times. Other times is deliberately fixed (2D platforming, attracting balls-touching, for example), but it's perfect, I swear to you :p

Jackson

I can't wait for it... I loved Sunshine and 64... 64 DS didnt do anything for me tho...

but ya this will be awesome, truly awesome

Only 1 flaw...

no 2 player... it screams for it... :(

Mashing

Enk said:
Well that was a reasonable reaction.

Well, I guess he figured the only way he could play this glorious game sooner is to go the heaven where it's available on store shelves now.

MisterHero

Jackson said:
no 2 player... it screams for it... :(

Luigi is in it... I really do wish it could be true. :(

I loved NSMB's Vs. mode. I wonder if they dare a 3D version.

EDIT: Technically, a version does exist in Super Mario 64 DS, but it should use more of Mario's abilities in Galaxy including power-ups.

Enk

makes good threads.
Mashing said:
Well, I guess he figured the only way he could play this glorious game sooner is to go the heaven where it's available on store shelves now.

Didn't you see the movie All Juniors Go to Hell . He's probably being doomed to eternally replay Hotel Mario as we speak.

angelfly

I can't wait to play it. It's going to be both GOTFY and GOTFF.

Listening to the Egg Galaxy makes me want to cry. I can't wait to hear the tracks they're keeping secret.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
White Man said:
If Amirox jinxes this like he jinxed Super Paper Mario, I say we Caligula him.

Indeed.

Amir0x, I know Dragona mentioned the second coming thing more often, but you also mentioned something along the lines of SPM being so awesome that it would implode on its own awesomeness or something to that effect, did you not? :p

Top Bottom