• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Smokey

Bah I missed it too. I'd be down for a Borderlands 2 4 pack if anyone else wants to do one. Also Torchlight 2.

Will probably be down for torchlight 2 4 pack. Diablo 3 as I expected did not live up to the hype so I'm willing to give t2 a go

Borderlands 2 is gonna be nice on pc. They are putting some real effort into it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Will probably be down for torchlight 2 4 pack. Diablo 3 as I expected did not live up to the hype so I'm willing to give t2 a go

Lol how would you know if it lived up to the hype seeing as you never played diablo 2 and only played diablo 3 for a few days. You do know torchlight 2 is the same kind of game, right?

Smokey

Lol how would you know if it lived up to the hype seeing as you never played diablo 2 and only played diablo 3 for a few days. You do know torchlight 2 is the same kind of game, right?

Auction house defeated the main point of the game imo. You basically could go to the AH and get a significantly better weapon then you could find in your area for cheap. Playing it I just didn't see the big deal about it. Blizzard magic etc

Yes I know T2 is the same type of game, but my expectations are much lower for it compared to D3.

Smokey

Funny because i seem to remember you main interest as making money off the AH. hmmm

Ok? And nothing came of it since I realized it wouldn't be fun to sit and click in the hopes of getting that one weapon to make $20 or whatever.

And what does that have to do with the inclusion of the auction house watering down the main point of the game, which is play and play for loot? You can just do what I said in my previous post.

CB3

Ok? And nothing came of it since I realized it wouldn't be fun to sit and click in the hopes of getting that one weapon to make $20 or whatever.

And what does that have to do with the inclusion of the auction house watering down the main point of the game, which is play and play for loot? You can just do what I said in my previous post.

Alot of my current gear im wearing now, i found. Could you use the AH? Yes, but no one is forcing you. You might be able to make the argument for its importance in Inferno mode, but seeing as you never made it out of normal, thats not a point you could make. Towing the company line from what other people say doesnt actually make it true. It just makes you ignorant.

And ive made a bit more than $20 bucks. its not that hard
Nkye4.jpg

Smokey

The company line? It's my line and what I noticed after playing it for 20 hours or whatever it was. IMO it defeats the main point of the game. No where did I ever say it was a bad game. You also shouldn't have to play a game on its highest difficulty or whatever to get enjoyment out if it. 20 hrs was enough for me. Got enough enjoyment out of it on normal and kept it movin.

Nobody said it would be hard I said I didn't think it would be fun. Maybe it is to you. Make your money I'm not mad at ya

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alot of my current gear im wearing now, i found. Could you use the AH? Yes, but no one is forcing you. You might be able to make the argument for its importance in Inferno mode, but seeing as you never made it out of normal, thats not a point you could make. Towing the company line from what other people say doesnt actually make it true. It just makes you ignorant.

And ive made a bit more than $20 bucks. its not that hard
Nkye4.jpg

What the fuuuu

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
People are spending actual money on video game gear. Not just $1.99 transactions, but hundreds of dollars....

Can't you eventually come across most of the gear in the game, if you play long enough?

CB3

People are spending actual money on video game gear. Not just $1.99 transactions, but hundreds of dollars....

Can't you eventually come across most of the gear in the game, if you play long enough?

no.

You'd get stuff that you could use. But there will almost always be something better out there

CB3

Id just like to point out, about a third of the gave ea 25 bucks to play madden 3 days early. Hypocrites.

Somnia

Went and traded in a bunch of old console games yesterday with that bonus $5 on all 360/ps3 games and ended up getting $150 in steam wallet =P pre-bought Darksiders 2, saving the rest for now.

McNei1y

Thanks again CB. About to pay a game and see if people give me shit.

Edit: Damn. I should try to play with one of you guys. Two of my guys d/ced and two of the guys on the other team were wrecking!

Note to self: check steam library before buying amazon sale games... -_-

It's like that last sale weekend was just a blur.

It was a blur and I kinda hated it

Maybe I'm just not that into gaming anymore. I've noticed I can only enjoy doing sports games or co-op games

McNei1y

Maybe I'm just not that into gaming anymore. I've noticed I can only enjoy doing sports games or co-op games

That's how i am. The last single player game i played was mass effect 3... it was dead space 2 before that. I only play mmos or sports games by myself. I cant play halo/sc2/etc without a group of people.

I wanna play l4d2 but i cant join with randoms because it usually ends in a mess.

guild wars 2 will be amazing

I know lots of people who will be playing that. I still like bf3 and will play the expansion but BF3 is really intense...and since I play so many sports games I have nothing left in the tank for that lol

LukeSmith

I find I don't (and haven't) really play single player games at all anymore. I'll play mostly co-op and sports games. I think it's just getting older, Pheenix.

Somnia

I find I don't (and haven't) really play single player games at all anymore. I'll play mostly co-op and sports games. I think it's just getting older, Pheenix.

Ya im the same way and agree I think it has to do with getting older. I'm getting a few single player games this year, but the vast majority are for online.

We better have Madden Borderlands 2 games!

McNei1y

guild wars 2 will be amazing

I know lots of people who will be playing that. I still like bf3 and will play the expansion but BF3 is really intense...and since I play so many sports games I have nothing left in the tank for that lol

Ah true. I play BF3 regularly by myself. I guess thats an exception.

Guild Wars 2 should be fun. I may grab it and join yall.

But for the most part, I find myself playing Madden, Fifa (especially), and will soon be playing NHL.

Mrbob

At the very least we should be able to play Borderlands 2 online being Steamworks. The original Borderlands is total jank online using Gamespy.

CB3

For you id attribute it more to the fact you work in a game company. Before, It was kind of your job to play.

Ramirez

Throw me in the sports/coop group as well. I attribute it to not having the time to finish most SP games, but I also just enjoy the social aspect of it more than anything.

Smokey

I can still play SP games but I can't burn through them. I'm playing Assassin's Creed II now on PC but I can't play it everyday or I'll just get bored of it.

Usually I have a SP game I play. BF3 stays in the rotation and probably will until BF4. I'm around 140hrs in MP. One of the best FPS MP game this gen imo. The expansions are all very different and keep the game fresh, and there's still 3 more expansions scheduled to hit for it.

Then have the sports games. NCAA/Madden/NBA2K.

I find this usually works best. When I start trying to play more than one SP game at a time I get all fucked up.

CB3

Im the opposite of you guys. Coming into the last gen i was big on online games. Halo, Counter Strike, all that good stuff. I rarely played single player games. But i mediocre. My multiplayer skills came up in this gen, and now when i play online games, especialy team based, i just end up getting angry that my teammates arent as good as me.

McNei1y

Im the opposite of you guys. Coming into the last gen i was big on online games. Halo, Counter Strike, all that good stuff. I rarely played single player games. But i mediocre. My multiplayer skills came up in this gen, and now when i play online games, especialy team based, i just end up getting angry that my teammates arent as good as me.

I could see that happening to be as well... Well, it sort of does now but when I'm playing with people I know/are on my friends list then I don't get angry. I just can't stand when I play L4D2 or Halo Reach and teammates don't react specifically and all of that.

Random: In BF3, whats the best way to upgrade your helicopter/jet skills? I don't have any upgrades in any flying vehicles and its so fucking annoying!

CB3

i played tons of BF3 and even use the Jet alot and i still havent leveled up. Im useless in the Jet but its fun to fly around

Sidenote: All that DLC shit and premium member stuff soured my on battlefield 3 for xbox. The user servers too. Just ruined it

McNei1y

i played tons of BF3 and even use the Jet alot and i still havent leveled up. Im useless in the Jet but its fun to fly around

Sidenote: All that DLC shit and premium member stuff soured my on battlefield 3 for xbox. The user servers too. Just ruined it

Should've gotten the PC version! So awesome.

I don't think I'm going to buy any of the expansions though. I do have the Karkland one but thats it.

CB3

My laptop would just shutdown if i tried to play a game like that on it. Like it would just quit on life

McNei1y

Close Quarters is really excellent if you like that kind of action. It's CS on steroids for me

oODYK.jpg

I haven't really looked into any of them but I feel like the original content of the game is enough for me. I will definitely look into each of them though. CS in BF3 sounds pretty interesting.

It's really crazy. Those maps with 64 players is the complete opposite of vanilla, it's constant action, what I kind of like is that it feels like a good old fashioned gunfight without those dumb COD perks. And if you think 64 is too many people then 32 is just right

And did you see the trailer for the next one? I find it impossible to avoid that...

I do wish flying was better in BF3 though, I feel like the targets in the air are too small and I feel like I go too fast for the ground and it's hard to see the ground exactly too. And half the time you're getting aimed at from the ground

McNei1y

It's really crazy. Those maps with 64 players is the complete opposite of vanilla, it's constant action, what I kind of like is that it feels like a good old fashioned gunfight without those dumb COD perks. And if you think 64 is too many people then 32 is just right

And did you see the trailer for the next one? I find it impossible to avoid that...

I do wish flying was better in BF3 though, I feel like the targets in the air are too small and I feel like I go too fast for the ground and it's hard to see the ground exactly too. And half the time you're getting aimed at from the ground

To be honest, I don't know what any of the expansions are called. Any chance you can link a trailer for the next expansion?

Flying is rough. It's unfair because everyone else has stacked air vehicles so they can destroy you in a second. It also doesn't help to fly around without flares. I want to upgrade my stuff but I cannot get a single kill in the air.

Top Bottom