• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OG Xbox Duke controller re-releasing for XB1 & PC Holiday 2017

1morerobot

The Duke is a nightmare of a controller. It really has no redeeming qualities. Garbage. That said, I do think it's cool they're rereleasing it for the crazy-ass people who like it.

The S is so much better. Really hope they release that as well.

Not a fan of The Duke but that is super cool.

You know, the original S controller wasn't half bad either, wonder how it feels to use now.

I feel like the Xbox One controller is the lovechild of the 360 and the S controller.

Also, I hate the nickname duke but outside of the shitty dpad (hopefully they improve that) the fat Xbox controller may be my favorite controller

Jopie

My favorite controller of all time. One of the few that I don't get hand cramps holding. Cannot wait to get one.

Pagusas

Elden Member
The Duke is a nightmare of a controller. It really has no redeeming qualities. Garbage. That said, I do think it's cool they're rereleasing it for the crazy-ass people who like it.

The S is so much better. Really hope they release that as well.

I just vomited in my mouth a little...

The fat controller shouldn't return in any shape or form.

I was waiting for the tiny hand troop to arive.

Kill3r7

The black and white buttons would be a pain in the ass for most modern FPS games but the duke was a cool controller.

The black and white buttons would be a pain in the ass for most modern FPS games but the duke was a cool controller.
they are adding actual shoulder buttons to this though!

with the limited edition and pointless LCD screen I'm wondering what this is going to cost me...still...I'll pay it. I need this

shira

Thing was always trash, and I have even have huge hands.

Is it not possible to just make an Xbox controller that is scaled larger?

The shape and placement of a controller is ergonomically correct. Why would you fuck up the buttons and shape

2pios.jpg

Yup, I'm gonna get one.

yyr

Adding to the pile:

I don't want the Duke, give me the S!

Also...I hope Nintendo takes notes. I have a feeling that Microsoft will actually manufacture enough to meet demand!

Breakage

Feels as if MS are living on the nostalgia of older (and better) Xboxes to make up for a lack of compelling new Xbox One exclusives.

1) I think it's cool for nostalgia, but it was never comfortable.
2) Why Hyperkin? Is anyone who is excited for this concerned at all?
3) Gimme an S and I _might_ consider getting one if I ever get a second controller for the game room.

You know what controller was really good? The Logitech wireless ones for OG Xbox. I think I've still got a couple of those still in package from when they were clearing them out. I should dig one out and wire it to regular USB.

Fox Mulder

I love it.

It's pure nostalgia as the S controller was better in every way when it came out. I still want one, and wished they released one last gen with the Halo anniversary game.

Kuosi

I wish Sony would release a XL dualshock or something. I prefer something bigger in my hands. The elite is heavy and I love it.

Yeh it would be great, bought logitech f710 a long time ago and man that thing was soo much better than ds3 just for the size of it and that isn't even big, the older ds's were just that tiny

Dr. Worm

Banned
Never got a chance to use this, but I might have to pick it up, if only for curiosity's sake. I've noticed recently that a lot of my old favorite controllers feel too undersized.

How does it compare in size to the Steam Controller? That's probably the most comfortably-sized controller I've used. Of course, if my PC controllers are this and the Steam Controller, I would have no good d-pads...

Kuosi

Never got a chance to use this, but I might have to pick it up, if only for curiosity's sake. I've noticed recently that a lot of my old favorite controllers feel too undersized.

How does it compare in size to the Steam Controller? That's probably the most comfortably-sized controller I've used. Of course, if my PC controllers are this and the Steam Controller, I would have no good d-pads...

bigger than steam controller

Justified

Is there a backstory on why it was called the Duke?

Im not sure where it was first coined, but is named after John Wayne, who in his time was considered a Man's Man and nick-named The Duke, and that though of having big hands is a trope of being a Man's Man

rrs

I liked the duke as a child, but I can't stand it nowadays as the grip ergonomics are just poor and the triggers are very very heavy

Top Bottom