• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OG Xbox Games Coming 10/24 & Xbox One X Enhanced 360 Games

inner-G

Banned
Almost nothing on this system is with playing in 2017

Shenmue II is getting a remake, Panzer Orta doesn't hold up well and the rest of the Xbox 1 library is pretty forgettable imo

so quick question..i have the original ninja gaiden..never played sigma. i heard that sigma was censored? (maybe not the first but the second). is this how sigma works? or can anyone confirm that this game has all the dismemberment and blood from the original?

This has it all and is way better. Black is the definitive edition of NG1. NG2 vanilla is the definitive edition of the second, by the way. The rule of thumb is just to ignore sigma.

br3wnor

Damn that’s pretty sweet. Problem with KOTOR is the gameplay is a bit creaky. I got it running on my PC over the winter and was surprised how clunky it felt to play. Glad to see these old games getting some nice upgrades, when I eventually own an XBoX it’ll be cool to play through some of these.

Bioshocker

I have so many Xbox games I'd like to replay. Although most of them are still here in my collection, being able to play them without taking my old Xbox out of the box and plugging it into my TV is really great.

Now Midtown Madness 3, please!

I never played KOTOR, so I'll give that a shot assuming I can buy it digitally. Disappointed there is no online because Mechassault was god tier.

Shenmue II is getting a remake, Panzer Orta doesn't hold up well and the rest of the Xbox 1 library is pretty forgettable imo

What?

There are shit loads of classics on og xbox.

With such low compatibility, I'll stick with the original console but it's a start at least.

Bioshocker

I guess it depends of what kind of games you like. Xbox has always been the FPS, sports and racing console, not the platform and RPG console. Xbox did have som great games in other genres too, though. Jet Set Radio Future, Phantasy Star Online Ep. I & II, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey and Voodoo Vince are good examples of variety.

The ps2 had ps1 emulation and was not internal hardware. Ps2 wasn't 100 percent compatible with the ps1 library.

Cheers crankshaft for the answer, Just had a look about on the internet now I am home.
The fat ps2 had the CPU and RAM of the ps1 and used the GPU of the ps2.

Later models just used software and bruted it with the GPU -emotion chip.

Saxon Smith

Neo Member
Fusion Frenzy is just as much fun as I remember, it's been great playing this with my family again after all these years. Off to try NGB and Crimson Skies now.

My personal wish list:

Otogi 1 & 2 (if nothing else on my list makes it, I could die happy playing these again in high res)
Breakdown
Kingdom Under Fire
Run Like Hell
Buffy
Unreal Championship

There may be more, but I think pretty much everything else I'd want I can play on PC anyway (Enclave, Kotor, Jade Empire etc).

Speaking of which, I haven't seen anyone mention Enclave, but that was a highlight of the original XBox for me. It came out on PC shortly after and is a better experience there, but considering a lot of people are mentioning other games that they can play on PC I'm surprised I haven't seen it come up.

Plus Starbreeze are still around, should be a no brainer for BC. Fantastic game.

big_z

I bought ng black back when it was on Xbox 360 backwards compatibility. Has Microsoft said if that will carry over to Xbox one?

JMY86

I bought ng black back when it was on Xbox 360 backwards compatibility. Has Microsoft said if that will carry over to Xbox one?

It does. I had some MS credit to use so I bought NGB on my old 360 then immediately downloaded on my Xbox One S.

Played the first chapter in NG black. Runs awesome and looks great for what it is, but I need the X resolution for my 4K TV.

If the team can do Ninja Gaiden 2 in 4K and more stable 60 it would be Christmas and Birthday at the same time as a Child!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So what is better, Black or Sigma?

Just realized there is a PS3 version.

Black by far, but Sigma 1 is a good approximation of NG anyway, plus it has enhanced graphical features compared to the OG Xbox versions. if you only have a PS3 and no Xbox consoles, go for it.

I wonder if they could work on getting NG2 to 1080p as opposed to 500p on 360

Black by far, but Sigma 1 is a good approximation of NG anyway, plus it has enhanced graphical features compared to the OG Xbox versions. if you only have a PS3 and no Xbox consoles, go for it.

I wonder if they could work on getting NG2 to 1080p as opposed to 500p on 360

I have both (PS3 and Xbox One I mean). Think I'll just go with Black though.

Yeh they added controller support and from what I remember of the xbox version it seems the same.

Can you link to a source for that information? According to the Steam forums KOTOR 2 got an update with controller support but KOTOR 1 is still missing native support. You have to kludge it in with programs JoyToKey or Steam BPM emulation, which is, in my experience, not as good as native support.

Regardless, I bought the Xbox version last night and started playing it on the X1 so it's a moot point.

Can you link to a source for that information? According to the Steam forums KOTOR 2 got an update with controller support but KOTOR 1 is still missing native support. You have to kludge it in with programs JoyToKey or Steam BPM emulation, which is, in my experience, not as good as native support.

Regardless, I bought the Xbox version last night and started playing it on the X1 so it's a moot point.

Oh my mistake now you mention it I was thinking of the second one, I just assumed if they had done it for the 2nd game they had done it for the first as well.

rokkerkory

So Halo 3 stand alone upgrade is better than HMCC at the moment right?

I guess we're waiting for spring to get holistic HMCC upgrade?

PantsuJo

Why does the Team Ninja logo video not have sound on my Xbox One? Thought it was an emulator bug but I hear it playing back just fine on your video.

Everything else works great though so far. Not exactly 1080p but the bump in IQ reminds me of the first time I got component cables and moved from 480i to 480p with Ninja Gaiden.

Do you have 5.1 surround?

Because I had this problem playing NG Black on X360 (the markeplace version): audio for intro works only with stereo or 2.1... If i remember correctly.

defghik

So Halo 3 stand alone upgrade is better than HMCC at the moment right?

I guess we're waiting for spring to get holistic HMCC upgrade?

Problem is that the MCC version is 60 fps while the 360 BC one is 30, so you have to choose between framerate or IQ. Maybe MCC will get patched and you'll get the best of both worlds, who knows.

arhra

Problem is that the MCC version is 60 fps while the 360 BC one is 30, so you have to choose between framerate or IQ. Maybe MCC will get patched and you'll get the best of both worlds, who knows.

They announced that they'll be patching the MCC (One X support along with fixing some of the buggier nonsense) a week or two ago, but it won't be released until next spring so it'll be a bit of a wait.

ss_lemonade

So from that xbox news article, how come OG Xbox games can only go up to 16x the resolution (640x480, so 16x that would be less than 4k) but select 360 games can go up to 9x a typical 720p game, meaning up to 4k? I would have expected it to be the other way around

Top Bottom