• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OG Xbox Games Coming 10/24 & Xbox One X Enhanced 360 Games

So from that xbox news article, how come OG Xbox games can only go up to 16x the resolution (640x480, so 16x that would be less than 4k) but select 360 games can go up to 9x a typical 720p game, meaning up to 4k? I would have expected it to be the other way around

I'm not sure how the 16x math works but most OG games are formatted for 4:3 aspect ratio so no widescreen. They'll probably upscale them from 640x480 as much as they can without the vertical resolution going over 2160 (4K TV vertical res), so it would be impossible for them to hit the full 4K pixel count since large chunks of screen on both sides will be blank. 360 games were already 16:9 widescreen, so they can be upscaled to the full 3840x2160 resolution of a 4K TV.

THEY NEED TO remove cloud only saves for BC. I'm not fucking paying for gold just to retrieve my saves, fuck off Microsoft!

You don't need gold to use cloud saves on Xbox One. Check out the link HERE

EDIT - Wait, you mean on the 360, don't you. Oh well.

On this video halo3 looks like it has a resolution or AA bump on the X. is this the case with all 360 games?

I thought they were only getting 16x AF boost.

No, only 4 games will have those Xbox One X enhancements (such as higher resolution) for now: Halo 3, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Assassin's Creed. Other games may just receive the AF boost.

Justinh

THEY NEED TO remove cloud only saves for BC. I'm not fucking paying for gold just to retrieve my saves, fuck off Microsoft!

Oh! You mean for transferring your saves from 360 to Xbox One?

Yeah that would be a nice update, since I'm pretty sure you can watch media off a USB stick now. Be really swell if you could just put your old saves on a stick and sync them to your Xbox One that way in the future.

Also, saved data is located on the console in the Manage Game option.

I'm not sure how the 16x math works but most OG games are formatted for 4:3 aspect ratio so no widescreen. They'll probably upscale them from 640x480 as much as they can without the vertical resolution going over 2160 (4K TV vertical res), so it would be impossible for them to hit the full 4K pixel count since large chunks of screen on both sides will be blank. 360 games were already 16:9 widescreen, so they can be upscaled to the full 3840x2160 resolution of a 4K TV.

You don't need gold to use cloud saves. Check out the link HERE

No, only 4 games will have those enhancements for now: Halo 3, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Assassin's Creed. Other games may just receive the AF boost.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. From 360 to Bone.

Yeah that would be a nice update, since I'm pretty sure you can watch media off a USB stick now. Be really swell if you could just put your old saves on a stick and sync them to your Xbox One that way in the future.

I think it would just be easier for everyone if they removed the Gold requirement for the cloud save service on the 360. It's kind of silly at this point since the X1 doesn't require it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

You don't need gold to use cloud saves on Xbox One. Check out the link HERE

EDIT - Wait, you mean on the 360, don't you. Oh well.

No, only 4 games will have those Xbox One X enhancements (such as higher resolution) for now: Halo 3, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Assassin's Creed. Other games may just receive the AF boost.

Kinda odd they did halo 3 considering its in the MCC

Top Bottom