• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok honestly speaking, would you approach a landed UFO?

Undrey

Think of the alien diseases they've carried in their lives. No way I'm going near that thing.

One day I will just have a drone and send that in

Rktk

I'd roll out the red carpet

bDenD3p.gif

seriously, no, get the video rolling and get out

Media

My honest take: yes.

I am super nice, and very calm and peaceful with a pleasant voice. I would want to approach them as a peace maker.

Bonus, if they are hostile, they'd kill the fuck out of my hippy ass and other would be warned and such.

Probably. I'm usually of the assumption that a species capable of interplanetary travel will be of sound enough intelligence to not be a bunch of murderous psychopaths.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Absolutely not.

I would have no idea what sort of hazards their spaceship would have at the very least, and considering they traveled millions of km/miles they probably would have better judgement than me if they were peaceful. If they aren't peaceful I'm fucked anyway.

Landed, no. Means something controlled it to land safely, its like touching a few million dollar car while the old desperate guy is still inside, wait for him to get out first.

Crashed, sure, its broken, might as well take a selfie. Might get super powers or something too as a bonus.

JordanN

Banned
I'm black, so no

I feel like aliens would have a better understanding of race. If they explored the universe and came across many different life forms, I doubt they would care what color skin humans are.

I would be more worried if they follow some kind of space religion. When the Spanish met with the native indians for the first time, they enslaved them for what they saw as "devil worshipers".

I wouldn't want to invade someone's personal space/property, or make them uncomfortable by taking pictures.

I would probably just rush home and post about it on GAF.

If I feel confident that day, I'd try to be smart ass and see if they approach me. If they look peaceful, then I'll ask they are aliens too because my people have also been stranded on this miserable planet.

Not sure what to do afterwards though.

ryan13ts

As much as I'm fascinated in the unknown/paranormal/UFO's, if I were being honest in my heart, there's no fucking way I'd end up approaching it. Sure, they might be friendly but they could just as easily abduct you. Worst case if you could end up like Travis Walton from Fire in the Sky, or at the VEERRRY worst, end up like Fredrick Valentich and never be heard from again.

Both of those stories are very interesting too if you've never heard of them, especially Valentich which is both strange/terrifying and a good example of why you should probably stay away from UFO's (Although he disappeared in the sky).

Disappearance of Frederick Valentich
Travis Walton UFO incident

Feep

Banned
Yeah. First impressions are important, and there are way too many morons who might screw things up if I walk away.

Trickster

Probably not. A super advanced alien race interested in a peaceful encounter would probably not just land somewhere random and unnanounced

Top Bottom