• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Varth

I'd rather take my first ban than "own up".

Anybody who isn't capable of feeling any sense of wonder and hype on a *videogame* forum that has *believe* for a tagline deserves to be banned from videogames. If you don't see an incredible CG puppet looking at Mogren, it's your loss.

Here, I said it.

No blindfold. And aim to my gamer's heart, you bastards. I'll still have 1HP left when you're done to laugh at you.

Xun

You thought it was better to stick to your mind-numingly dumb assumption that the guy was CG rather than to admit you were wrong?
I never once said the whole thing was CG, not once. Nor did I ever say anything would've been in real-time, my analysis was simply on the movements in certain shots.

My initial belief was that some of the shots had CG aspects, and that would've played nicely into how they were advertising the engine. I'm incredibly critical when it comes to the analysis of movement, and I felt something was up. Of course this was just how the guy acted, but it led myself and others to pick holes at it. I assumed it was a test of how far Kojima Productions could go rather than what their engine was capable of.

I was wrong, but as an animator I will forever maintain what we saw is possible today.

Eusis

Anybody who isn't capable of feeling any sense of wonder and hype on a *videogame* forum that has *believe* for a tagline deserves to be banned from videogames. If you don't see an incredible CG puppet looking at Mogren, it's your loss.

Here, I said it.

No blindfold. And aim to my gamer's heart, you bastards. I'll still have 1HP left when you're done to laugh at you.
Come on man, there's "being excited over a game" then there's "acting like a religious zealot who disregards reality staring them in the face." And personally I'm more fascinated at finding out who the real Joakim Mogren is now. Unless that literally was an interview done with Kojima wearing a mask, but I can't imagine something like that having such good eye articulation, and honestly if it somehow did that'd be an even BIGGER deal than being CG.

McLovin

He's obviously cg, unless he's not. In which case I was obviously joking.
Yeah so I was joking obviously. Do you guys really think I thought it was cg. Lol you guys need to learn about a little something called sarcasm. If.. If anything team real should eat teh crow :<

Dr Dogg

Yes! Yesss! Oh, let me taste your tears, TeamCG! To be fair guys this was a massive amount of fun and despite the craziness this has been a thoroughly enjoyable ride thanks to this thread and TeamCG. Take a bow, take a bow. And hey we all get a new MGS!

Dr Dogg

Actually,we lost an MGS, since before, these games were rumored to be 2 separate games (which I didnt believe either).

Hahaha. True. But I think we all had a sneaking suspicion (not mission) that it was two capacities ala MGS2. You can't pull the wool over my eyes Kojima.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hahaha. True. But I think we all had a sneaking suspicion (not mission) that it was two capacities ala MGS2. You can't pull the wool over my eyes Kojima.

We knew everything beforehand #TeamRealBrofist

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Can the #TeamCG experts let me know if this is real or CG?

swSLIMn.gif

#TeamReal bitches.

Here, I said it.

An incredible CG puppet with flawed eyelashes, dead eyes, teeth clipping, texture errors and whatever else? Some sense of wonder that is.

Here, I said it.

There's "wonderment" and then there's "idiotic gullibility". I don't think I need to point out where you belong. You need rationality to keep you grounded otherwise you'll always end up looking stupid at every little hype and viral marketing, especially in this industry.

We haven't lost our sense of wonderment and childish hope. We are most of us hoping that tech will someday develop to perfectly emulate how a real person looks and behaves. But we are also sensible enough to know that that day is not yet here, based on rational thinking and facts. The fact that you people did not even think about it like that for a minute frankly speaks to how easily you can be manipulated since you so much want to "believe".

Nags

Banned
There's "wonderment" and then there's "idiotic gullibility". I don't think I need to point out where you belong. You need rationality to keep you grounded otherwise you'll always end up looking stupid at every little hype and viral marketing, especially on Neogaf

Fixed. And using your own logic to bring you back to the ground.
People had fun with this. Seriously, I had the most fun reading this thread than anything else on the internet.

#TeamCG wins my heart!

Varth

There's "wonderment" and then there's "idiotic gullibility". I don't think I need to point out where you belong. You need rationality to keep you grounded otherwise you'll always end up looking stupid at every little hype and viral marketing, especially in this industry.

We haven't lost our sense of wonderment and childish hope. We are most of us hoping that tech will someday develop to perfectly emulate how a real person looks and behaves. But we are also sensible enough to know that that day is not yet here, based on rational thinking and facts. The fact that you people did not even think about it like that for a minute frankly speaks to how easily you can be manipulated since you so much want to "believe".

And this answer basically speaks to how difficult it is to enjoy gaming as something fun and lighthearted today. On GAF, most of all. If only to stay far from this grey, cold, sad stance on life, I still reiterate my vote for #teamCG. No crow for us. Only phoenix and other colourful, fantasy birds.

And I still hope my C64 games will look like the photos on the back of the box.

And this answer basically speaks to how difficult it is to enjoy gaming as something fun and lighthearted today. On GAF, most of all. If only to stay far from this grey, cold, sad stance on life, I still reiterate my vote for #teamCG. No crow for us. Only phoenix and other colourful, fantasy birds.

And I still hope my C64 games will look like the photos on the back of the box.

Don't be so melodramatic.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Im quite sure the whole GDC panel presentation was CG

#Team CG back in action

Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658.gif

duckroll

I like TeamCG. I feel that before the reveal, TeamCG clearly lost, and TeamReal won, simply because of the facts. But after the reveal, TeamCG are the more respectable side and closer to the spirit of MGS, and the remaining TeamReal people who still post on the thread are a bunch of stick-in-the-muds. :)

Goddamn, you sure got the 875 people who voted for Team CG pegged. Those poor, gullible, lost sheep.

duty_calls.png

Arozay

I like TeamCG. I feel that before the reveal, TeamCG clearly lost, and TeamReal won, simply because of the facts. But after the reveal, TeamCG are the more respectable side and closer to the spirit of MGS, and the remaining TeamReal people who still post on the thread are a bunch of stick-in-the-muds. :)

Closer to the spirit of MGS = Batshit insane.

Top Bottom