• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
@rohanlikespants rohan rivas
Lots of talk bout Mr. Mogren from Moby Dick being CG during @GTTVshow Here's a pic I took on site B4 the interview

https://twitter.com/rohanlikespants/status/312632121959272448/photo/1

0oWoWxj.jpg

Well, it was a funny thread.

Rapstah

This is getting ridiculous.
  • The Joakim N. Mogren twitter account is fake and has nothing to do with the game. It was created after the trailer was shown at the VGAs, and the website and supposed ARG for the game was online when the trailer was shown. He has no insider information.
  • There are people named Joakim Mogren in Sweden, three or four of them, in fact. Not one of them works in the game industry.

If we've learned anything from Arthur Gies, it's that when you've been proven wrong... DOUBLE DOWN!

That's what I'm doing.

That person in the picture does exist. That is a photo of him. He was in fact shown on video for most of the GTTV interview. However, at some point or points during the interview he was replaced by a CG render. We will find out exactly when at GDC when we learn more about Fox Engine.

marrec

Banned
I get why Geoff gets to much stick, but he's only doing the same as all the rest of them, it's just more blatant. Games journalists ask no difficult question, never press an interviewee, never divulge anything PR hasn't vetted. I think it's actually better that it's so transparent in something like this.

And Geoff does The Final Hours series, which is really great.

It's just that he's so enthusiastic about how fucking fake it all is.

test_account

XP-39C²
Why would a swede talk with a inferior Norwegian accent? :/
Hehe, i was wondering about something similar. When i first saw the same and some info about Moby Dick Studio being in Sweden, i thought it was a swedish guy. But in the interview he sounds a lot more like a norwegian guy indeed. The name can be both swedish and norwegian though, and it is always possible that he is norwegian, but are living and working in Sweden.

marrec

Banned
That picture doesn't prove anything.

The person can exist but that doesn't mean the interview shown wasn't CG.

That picture proves that they can accurately emulate an actor in character in the Fox Engine.

It's even more powerful than we'd thought.

After all the marketing push that the Doripope and GTTV interview, I can only imagine the final review score this game is gonna get.

It's completely idiotic and it's a serious reminder that Kojima needs to stop messing around with the MGS Franchise. It's obvious now after MGS:R that the lesser to Kojima's madness the game is exposed, the best the final product is.

If the way he handled his subject wouldnt be so freaking childish, he would get a pass, but after the clusterfuck that was MGS4 well.. I hate using meme images but:

ayee.jpg

Kojima's handling of the subjects comes off as it MGS4 was written by an alternate reality 15 years old version Alex Jones high on energy drinks after a 12 hours viewing binge of conspiracy videos on youtube. It's like he losts touch with reality or something and his scripts are just copypasted subjects. He needs an editor.

The entire MGS franchise has the potential to be such a classic pseudo sci-fi/military video game storyline, but its getting drowned over and over again by Kojima pulling a waddatwist.gif over and over and over again; and it gets worse with every new MGS installement.

Buzz Killington, ladies and gentlemen.

This thread is fantastic.

Cartman86

Banned
This conspiracy shit about Geoff is dumb. Seems fairly obvious from his questions that he was annoyed at not getting answers. Yeah he'll do some "brought to you by Doritos's shit", but he isn't going to act. He got access to this guy and the game. Of course he is going to show up and do an interview for something this crazy, no matter how set up it is on the Konami side. He asked the questions he needed to.

That's what I'm doing.

That person in the picture does exist. That is a photo of him. He was in fact shown on video for most of the GTTV interview. However, at some point or points during the interview he was replaced by a CG render. We will find out exactly when at GDC when we learn more about Fox Engine.

I'm glad you have sense Theo!

jaypah

Lmao, it's like the dude used the most robotic non-human looking photo he could find just for the lulz. Not saying it's CG but he looks like a dead-eyed creepy doll in that picture.

The Lamp

After all the marketing push that the Doripope and GTTV interview, I can only imagine the final review score this game is gonna get.

It's completely idiotic and it's a serious reminder that Kojima needs to stop messing around with the MGS Franchise. It's obvious now after MGS:R that the lesser to Kojima's madness the game is exposed, the best the final product is.

If the way he handled his subject wouldnt be so freaking childish, he would get a pass, but after the clusterfuck that was MGS4 well.. I hate using meme images but:

ayee.jpg

Kojima's handling of the subjects comes off as it MGS4 was written by an alternate reality 15 years old version Alex Jones high on energy drinks after a 12 hours viewing binge of conspiracy videos on youtube. It's like he losts touch with reality or something and his scripts are just copypasted subjects. He needs an editor.

The entire MGS franchise has the potential to be such a classic pseudo sci-fi/military video game storyline, but its getting drowned over and over again by Kojima pulling a waddatwist.gif over and over and over again; and it gets worse with every new MGS installement.

You are the worst poster I've seen in this thread :p

Can't wait for GDC.

mattp

This conspiracy shit about Geoff is dumb. Seems fairly obvious from his questions that he was annoyed at not getting answers. Yeah he'll do some "brought to you by Doritos's shit", but he isn't going to act. He got access to this guy and the game. Of course he is going to show up and do an interview for something this crazy, no matter how set up it is on the Konami side. He asked the questions he needed to.

you cannot be serious

i need to unsubscribe from this thread

this thread has gone beyond carnival of stupid

Stet

Banned
So what was the reason for him being dressed like one of the characters from the trailer?

They expected to generate buzz by having something wacky leading up to the game's reveal. They didn't expect people to be complete dolts and invent wacky implausible tech scenarios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUDDCGcKLDM

Are you serious? You don't think Keighley was in on this? Like he honestly showed up thinking he was about to do a normal interview and this weird shit just happened.

Top Bottom