• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
7x9las.png

Have you watched the interview? they said no more secrets after GDC, everything will be revealed.

http://schedule2013.gdconf.com/session-id/824166

Photorealism Through the Eyes of a FOX: The Core of Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (Presented by Kojima Productions)

Hideo Kojima | Corporate Officer (EVP), Contents Officer, Director of Kojima Productions, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Hideki Sasaki | CG Art Director, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Masayuki Suzuki | Lighting Artist, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Junji Tago | Technical Director, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Join Hideo Kojima and the Kojima Productions staff as they demonstrate and explain the workflow and development process of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes on the Fox Engine. This session will mainly cover the key components and unique methods Kojima Productions utilizes in the graphics arena to create visuals seen in METAL GEAR SOLID GROUND ZEROES. Participants can expect an overview of topics such as asset creation and rendering techniques used in the next METAL GEAR SOLID. Enjoy the session as Kojima Productions unveils the FOX Engine for the first time.

So to sum it all up.

Joakim Mogren is the made-up computer animated swedish boss of the made-up swedish studio Moby Dick Studios, who really is not swedish at all but played by a voice actor that mistakenly (or deliberately?) uses a norwegian accent and also Moby Dick Studios is really just a front for Hideo Kojimas development and also Joakim Mogren is an anagram for Hideo Kojimas.

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

Takuya

Banned
I'm leaning towards:

- Real actor (body, etc.)

- CG head

JAfMZjM.gif

That weird shadow glitch just doesn't make sense, and the previous hypothesis about "green screening" doesn't hold any water since the backdrop is an LCD TV as we can see if this "picture" taken of him.

GrayFoxPL

You realize that the some of same people who get hired for Hollywood CGI get hired for game companies too. You also should realize that CG is always evolving and anyone can take it to the next level.

What I find funny is people saying: "Oh look at the face mask it doesn't move like a material, it sticks!" Which is funny because elastic medical bandages wrapped around tightly do just that - stick, because that's their purpose. Saying it doesn't behave realistically shows no experience with them or loss of memory.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
So to sum it all up.

Joakim Mogren is the made-up computer animated swedish boss of the made-up swedish studio Moby Dick Studios, who really is not swedish at all but played by a voice actor that mistakenly (or deliberately?) uses a norwegian accent and also Moby Dick Studios is really just a front for Hideo Kojimas development and also Joakim Mogren is an anagram for Hideo Kojimas.

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif
Sounds like the plot of an MGS game, to be honest.

Goon Boon

Banned
What I find funny is people saying: "Oh look at the face mask it doesn't move like a material, it sticks!" Which is funny because elastic medical bandages wrapped around tightly do just that - stick, because that's their purpose. Saying it doesn't behave realistically shows no experience with them or loss of memory.

Logically we need a gaffer to redo the Joakim part of the video with medical tape on as close as possible for comparison purposes.

Stark

Banned
I'm leaning towards:

- CG head

JAfMZjM.gif

That weird shadow glitch just doesn't make sense, and the previous hypothesis about "green screening" doesn't hold any water since the backdrop is an LCD TV as we can see if this "picture" taken of him.

Some weird movement with his shirt left side by his neck. Or is that the shadow thing you're talking about? Dunno if a shirt moves like that though.

I'm leaning towards:

- CG head

http://i.imgur.com/JAfMZjM.gif

That [B]weird shadow glitch[/B] just doesn't make sense, and the previous hypothesis about "green screening" doesn't hold any water since the backdrop is an LCD TV as we can see if this "picture" taken of him.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that "glitch" is in the gif only, not the actual video.

Despite that, BELIEVE

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Damn.. Sorry guys, Viacom blocked my video that you embedded all over GAF :( how can I bypass things like that?? I already used a mirror effect..

Persona86

Banned
I showed this video to my brother and after when I told him some people think it might be CG he said "I actually thought it was CG at the beginning" which is weird since he has no idea such a theory or this thread existed.

The power of the subconscious mind?

The mind knows somethings not right here.

Sephzilla

Y'know, if this was CG, those little things you guys are picking up on would probably the type of things Kojima would throw in just to give you the hint it's CG.

i saw the interview and holy shit lol, this is amazing

what a build up its making for the game.

i laughed at his eyes at the end, lmao oh Kojima please do more of this

I showed this video to my brother and after when I told him some people think it might be CG he said "I actually thought it was CG at the beginning" which is weird since he has no idea such a theory or this thread existed.

uncanny valley, too many oddities in both movement and expression

javac

If its not CG
it is
then it's Sakurai for sure. Sounds just like him. His eyes were twitching due to all the work on SSB4.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

You know how sometimes you have to play along to the crazy serial killer to not die?

synce

foxenginehorsepicturenrqb1.jpg

also: realistic horses

Kojima is a Twin Peaks fan I take it?

Whitehorse.jpg

Also to the CG theorists, why would they go through the trouble of a CG interview when they can hire anyone off the street and bandage up their head? It's such a ridiculous waste of resources

Top Bottom