• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OlliOlli |OT| Tony Hawks meets Hotline Miami

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
yeah thanks man, you seem to have missed my last post though :)

I made it allready.

So, Im at the all trick trophy. What is the difference between fackie and switch?
Thing is, I did all tricks and grind and trophy didnt unlock. So I thought, ok, maybe backwards. So I did all tricks again, just did a 180 spin before it so the trick says switch or fackie.
But can all tricks be done fackie and switch or is both the same just for some tricks its named fackie and for others its switch?

so I made all tricks and grinds in regular stance and all tricks and grinds in the stance after you made a 180. Is there anything im missing?
what did you do?

Oh, a good spot for this is Port 2, but i guess there are several others.

Skyzard

Banned
Doing the trick trophy now too - I think the last thing is to press L+R and the trick

Screw RAD mode :p Seem to have lost my rhythm.

Doomburrito 8 points 11 hours ago (7|0) said:
Each trick has four variants.

Normal

Do a 180, then the trick (switch)

Hold L+R and do the trick

Do a 180, hold L+R and do the trick

Going to do the tricks, then just enjoy my time with the game as I go for the last attainable trophy (golden skateboards) and do some high scores. Might attempt rad mode in a few years for the 100%

Nymphae

Banned
My god. I made it all the way to the end of Junkyard Pro 3 RAD and fucking bailed on the landing right at the finish...

The timing for the jumps in the area with the crane is ree-fucking-diculous, and grinding the crane does not appear to be an option. I can never seem to hit the same spot consistently and I've done it hundreds of times now. The craziest thing is I still haven't gotten pissed off at this game no matter how hard it is or how many times it crashes.

I tried doing that 50 spin challenge all yesterday evening and got nowhere on it. I was sure I couldn't do it... Try it again at lunch today and I manage to do it first time! Can't believe my luck, looks like I might manage to clear all the Pro challenges after all, I've only got a couple of Neon levels left to do. Damn I love this game so much!

Steiner84

alright, found all skateboards.

So has anyone now succesfully figured out what exactly to do for the all tricks trophy?
Im not sure what to do anymore..
I did any trick normal, 180°, normal with L+R and 180° witth L+R..
Still no trophy.

to the devs: If you include such a trophy, pls let the people see which tricks they allready did and which are still missing.
This is tedious to no end as I only see the option to go through ALL the tricks once again as it could be anyone of them that is missing..
stupid.

Massa

From the PS3Trophies.org forums, posted by v50pL1:

"In game 120+ tricks!!! 4 different stance! Normal, switch ( do a 180 and make a trick ), nollie ( hold R+L and make a trick ) and fakie ( do a 180, hold R+L and make a trick ). All tricks need to make in 4 different stance. I hope that i helped."

Another user confirmed that they tried that and it worked.

Lucky me I got that trophy by just playing the game. Now I only need one level in RAD mode to 100% it, but my battery is dead. :(

Nymphae

Banned
I'm really glad I don't give a fuck about trophies lol. I find it funny more people seem to be concerned with getting the trick trophy than completing all modes of the game. Whatever floats yer boats.

Kensuke

I didn't get the all tricks trophy until I figured out you can still do the spinning tricks with Nollies en Fakies. Hold both L+R, do the trick with the stick and let go of one of the shoulder buttons and the stick at the exact same time.

I don't think I can be bothered to do the tricks trophy. I love getting trophies but I have an awful feeling that I'd miss a trick and end up repeating the tricks ad infinium trying to get one bronze trophy!

I'd rather focus on trying to get the 2 Million points trophy on a spot. I've not managed to find one yet that I can abuse to get enough points. Any suggestions on which is the best to try?

Nymphae

Banned
I'd rather focus on trying to get the 2 Million points trophy on a spot. I've not managed to find one yet that I can abuse to get enough points. Any suggestions on which is the best to try?

Any level that has the goal "Complete in 1 huge combo" is probably a decent one to try that on.

Edit: Oh, for a Spot. Not sure, I'm less familiar with those, I'm still trying to beat RAD mode.

Steiner84

rps20140212_185021_704.jpg

cant be the only one :D

Steiner84

I managed 3.2 million at neon city 5 pro

sorry for dp

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
"Pull any 360 spin to noseslide"

Does that mean: do any trick, the do a 360 spin and land a noseslide? Or is it a special 360 trick?

Edit: nvm, got it

I managed 3.2 million at neon city 5 pro

sorry for dp

Yep, thanks. Thats the same level I managed it in. Real simple as I just used the same tactic to continually spin while clearing the level in one huge combo and got 3 Mill + easy. I also cleared all the pro challenges, onto Rad mode next!

hohoXD123

Does anyone else have a problem with their input not registering in particular sections? It has happened to me more times than I can count at the beginning of Base 5. So frustrating.

Steiner84

Does anyone else have a problem with their input not registering in particular sections? It has happened to me more times than I can count at the beginning of Base 5. So frustrating.

regarding landings?
Ive found that the timing on landings is far more critical than on grinds, which interrestingly leads to the fact that rad mode is way easier on the later stages then on the early one because the eraly ones do have way more landings.
unlike grinds where u initiate the grind slightly above the rail for landings you basically have to hit x when youve allready landed, more or less. Just imagine pressing x slightly to late, that helped me alot.

I finally got the trick trophy (missed some fackie moves), rad mode now. cleared allready one third of the spots.

hohoXD123

regarding landings?
Ive found that the timing on landings is far more critical than on grinds, which interrestingly leads to the fact that rad mode is way easier on the later stages then on the early one because the eraly ones do have way more landings.
unlike grinds where u initiate the grind slightly above the rail for landings you basically have to hit x when youve allready landed, more or less. Just imagine pressing x slightly to late, that helped me alot.

I finally got the trick trophy (missed some fackie moves), rad mode now. cleared allready one third of the spots.

It's not so much the landings, it's mainly the initiation of the tricks. I use the left stick with plenty of time before an obstacle but for some reason it doesn't register it and keeps going, causing me to crash.

Steiner84

It's not so much the landings, it's mainly the initiation of the tricks. I use the left stick with plenty of time before an obstacle but for some reason it doesn't register it and keeps going, causing me to crash.

Ive used the dpad for places where a missed jump would result in a crash.

Steiner84

just finished junkyard 3 and 5 pro in rad mode!

for junkyard 3 pro this video helped me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb-X1Gx-h_Y

For junkyard 5 pro:

there are two crucial points.
First is the very first jump

junk5pro_1.PNG

you see 2 thingys (?) at the start. Jump between those two so that you land at the second half of the first scrapyard box. if you land after the mark, restart, if you land in the first half, restart.

you grind to the end of the ledge. Then the truck. just tap it. land and immediatly jump away. next rail grind all the way trough.
If done right you will land at the first mark here:
junk5pro_2.PNG

grind until the second mark. and jump off.
Now land the jump. you should be on the ground between to piles of trash. Now jump at the very last second and tap, tap the two forklifts. you will possibly crash here often.
you will barely make it to the first and overshoot the second one quite often. but eventually you will make it. The rest of the track is straight forward. grind to the finish and land it.

edit:
done and done.
100%
an absolute blast of a game!

just finished junkyard 3 and 5 pro in rad mode!

for junkyard 3 pro this video helped me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb-X1Gx-h_Y

For junkyard 5 pro:

there are two crucial points.
First is the very first jump

junk5pro_1.PNG

you see 2 thingys (?) at the start. Jump between those two so that you land at the second half of the first scrapyard box. if you land after the mark, restart, if you land in the first half, restart.

you grind to the end of the ledge. Then the truck. just tap it. land and immediatly jump away. next rail grind all the way trough.
If done right you will land at the first mark here:
junk5pro_2.PNG

grind until the second mark. and jump off.
Now land the jump. you should be on the ground between to piles of trash. Now jump at the very last second and tap, tap the two forklifts. you will possibly crash here often.
you will barely make it to the first and overshoot the second one quite often. but eventually you will make it. The rest of the track is straight forward. grind to the finish and land it.

edit:
done and done.
100%
an absolute blast of a game!

for Junkyard Pro 5 do you need to grind the two forklifts? As I've followed your instructions and for the life of me I just can't land on the first forklift!

Steiner84

for Junkyard Pro 5 do you need to grind the two forklifts? As I've followed your instructions and for the life of me I just can't land on the first forklift!

you propably didnt grind long enough at this point
junk5pro_2.PNG

the mark is propably set a little bit to early, grind it a tidbit longer maybe.

its a delicate grind. just a little bit too short and your too slow, a little bit to long and your too fast. Also the jump before the first forklift needs to be done at the very last chance otherwise you wont make it.
I just tried it again and made it two times.
Also you must not grind the first forklift at all.
You need to land on it on the very first bit and immediatly jump away otherwise you will ovfershoot the second one.

you propably didnt grind long enough at this point
junk5pro_2.PNG

the mark is propably set a little bit to early, grind it a tidbit longer maybe.

its a delicate grind. just a little bit too short and your too slow, a little bit to long and your too fast. Also the jump before the first forklift needs to be done at the very last chance otherwise you wont make it.
I just tried it again and made it two times.
Also you must not grind the first forklift at all.
You need to land on it on the very first bit and immediatly jump away otherwise you will ovfershoot the second one.

You totally rock! I tried this just now and it took a couple of tries to nail it but it totally worked (and thankfully I didn't tumble on the final landing!). Just gotJunkyard Pro 3 and Port Pro 4 to go and I'm done.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Really hoping for an update to this and soon - I can't even do the first step of the tutorial without it crashing to the dashboard with an error. Has happened 4-5 times in a row now so I've given up until the game actually works. Shame, because it looks really fun!

Nymphae

Banned
Really hoping for an update to this and soon - I can't even do the first step of the tutorial without it crashing to the dashboard with an error. Has happened 4-5 times in a row now so I've given up until the game actually works. Shame, because it looks really fun!

Yeah I hope it gets patched soon, the crashes seem to be getting more frequent when I play.

I only had 1 level left in RAD mode this weekend, Junkyard Pro 3, and it crashed 3 TIMES, JUST after I would get past the tough crane jump area, which was incredibly infuriating, I have broken controllers over less, I'm lucky I didn't go into a rage and smash my Vita off the floor.

I must have done that level a couple hundred times, but I FINALLY nailed it yesterday, RAD mode is behind me. I had somehow gotten the "do all tricks" trophy on the way without noticing, so all I have to do now is get those hidden skateboards. God I love this game.

Turnstyle

Really enjoying the game, although like others I'm getting crashes more often than I would like.

It's so rewarding to look at the list of 5 challenges at the start of a level, and think 'Well that's never gonna happen...', only to tick them all off half an hour later.

But yeah, the title of this thread is misleading, as much as I adore Hotline Miami. If I was going to compare this game to anything, it would be the surfing section in California Games on the Lynx!

Marc

Loving this game, really addictive. Got this and TxK at roughly the same time and pretty much abandoned TxK for this, can't stop playing. Some odd bugs from time to time, bouncing in midair as if I hit something or going through rails that I am positive I got right but they are few and far between so not a biggy. Although the crashing can get annoying sometimes.

I suck at it though, beat the first mode and trying to unlock all the pro modes but my high scores aren't very good. Haven't quite worked out how to get a lot of points, landings and grinds are perfect a good amount of the time so happy with that. Just doing spins doesn't seem to add much, seems more about the starting flip and combos but just guessing.

Is there a tips post around for getting good scores?

A friend leaderboard would be nice as well, has that been talked about at all from the developers?

I'm not nearly as good as any of you guys, I'm still chipping away at the middle levels of the game... but man I love it. It's so freakin' fun.

Anyone else had the wonderful experience of face-planting on the final landing of a Rad mode stage? I swear it's like time goes into slow motion while my little dude just floats in the air, and my sweaty thumb just hits the x button a fraction of a second too early...

I wonder sometimes. I've tried Base 5 Amateur a few hundred times now, and haven't finished it once. Did Base 4 on the first try.

I'm at my wit's end.

codhand

the game crashing is still bad, this game is fun, got my money's worth, would recommend, but it's no tony hawk, or hotline miami whatever the fuck that even means

krossj

I picked this up in the sale and was a bit suspect about the controls before starting it but they are great. Having a lot of fun but the crashes are ridiculous, had quite the number so far. Hope they fix the problem at some point.

An online horse mode like that in the tony hawk games would have been brilliant for this.

So i've just gotten this game via the EU sale the other day and...

I finished the first couple Urban levels with all the modes EXCEPT for URBAN 4 where i cannot figure out for the life of me how to get to those 2 spray cans that come next to that garbage pile or something...

You can NOT grind stairs can you? These cans are located underneath a rail and i cannot ignore that rail, meaning i tried to land with X but i will simply crash so i'll HAVE to grab the rail, missing the cans underneath :( any tips?

edit: nevermind, figured it out, i had to land with X right before the cans, precision jumping etc.

Also: strangely i never had this game crash so far...hmm?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
IS THE PATCH OUT YET?

I don't want this game stuck on 25 % forever...

Skyzard

Banned
Waiting on a patch for OlliOlli (well overdue, hopefully there will be friend leaderboards too at least) and Terraria still (1.2), and that killzone merc botmode. Hopefully all land this month but who knows.

Snowballo

I'm loving this game but there are a few things I don't get.

I'm stuck at Base stage (4 out of 5).
Level: Beginner :(
Trick to perform to get 5 stars: "Perform Laserflip out of a Five-0"

So it means that while I'm grinding doing a Five-0 I have to jump out with a laserflip.
Right?

What I don't get is how to "link" these 2 moves.
Thanks.

crispyben

I'm loving this game but there are a few things I don't get.

I'm stuck at Base stage (4 out of 5).
Level: Beginner :(
Trick to perform to get 5 stars: "Perform Laserflip out of a Five-0"

So it means that while I'm grinding doing a Five-0 I have to jump out with a laserflip.
Right?

What I don't get is how to "link" these 2 moves.
Thanks.
That is indeed what you need to do. Once you've begun your 5-0 grind, move your stick to the trick's starting position (without going through the dead zone/center), do the trick motion and release the stick before the end of the grind. If all goes well, you should perform the desired tracks in succession. I don't have my Vita so I can't give you the detailed actions, look them up in the tricktionary.

Skyzard

Banned
So we got the Terraria 1.2 patch, Killzone Bots dlc, LBP level packs and PSASBR patch. Last up is OlliOlli, any day now I hope!

UglyPony

Love this game. Completely addicted too it. But ive had something really wierd happen. I was attempting the challenges in Base 2. Didnt make it 100 or 200 meter into the track and bailed but managed to somehow bug it out and pull a 3,3 million combo. So now i got #1 on the leader board with a glitched score. Has anyone else experienced this?

theaface

For junkyard 5 pro:

Just wanted to say thank you for this fantastic advice. I was always overshooting the second forklift and couldn't figure out for the life of me how to slow down enough. After trying your approach I eventually got it.

Oh and agreed, this really is an excellent game!

Edit: And all trophies now complete. Actually not as hard as I thought it would be. The learning curve was pretty consistent as you learn the controls, then do Amateur courses, then Pro, then Rad. But yeah, great game, highly recommend it.

Snowballo

That is indeed what you need to do. Once you've begun your 5-0 grind, move your stick to the trick's starting position (without going through the dead zone/center), do the trick motion and release the stick before the end of the grind. If all goes well, you should perform the desired tracks in succession. I don't have my Vita so I can't give you the detailed actions, look them up in the tricktionary.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I was able to beat that level but it is not clear to me how I did it.
I really cannot perform a trick starting from a grind. :(

Anyway, I made some progress.
Beated all the Beginner levels with 5 stars and I'm almost done with Pro levels with 5 stars too. I have to finish Neon City (last 2 levels) but there is something I cannot do in Neon City 1

Neon City Pro (5-1)
Request: Perform a 360 flip from a Crooked Grind

I really can't do this. I tried to make a 360 flip and land with a Crooked Grind: nothing happens. So it seems that I have to make a Crooked Grind and then jump out with a 360 flip.

But HOW!?!!?!? I tried a lot of times. No luck!!!

Moreover I heard about RAD MODE. To unclock I have to beat everything with 5 stars. How many levels in Rad Mode? Is it that difficult? Thanks.

Top Bottom